Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hair - Questions about BioSil, Folligen, Viviscal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
PIVOT

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

What brand of BioSil do people take? I just learned about it on the forums.

Also...

I found this forum after ordering Hair Signals. Then I read that it can discolor hair so I ordered folligen for blondes. Haven't received either yet. Is it best not to use the Hair Signals?

Any experience with Viviscal? It is expensive so I am hesitant to try it. Whenever I read about it in a magazine it is the same hairdresser promoting it so I assume he is paid by the company to promote it.

Trying to figure out if it's possible to get regrowth without rogaine or minoxidil.

Thank you!
havana8

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to EDS, PIVOT. I use BioSil from Natural Factors (who took it over from Natrol). iHerb has it for a decent price.

I think Bethany has experience with Viviscal (and Folligen) so you may want to try doing a board search for "Viviscal" and "Bethany" for her posts on it. I'm sure others will pop in with their experiences too.
PIVOT

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I will search.

Also meant to ask about MSM. (What brands, how much to take, etc.)

I was confused about that Biosil because I thought it had silica in it but it wasn't on the ingredients I read.
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I used to take Natrol brand biosil. Then I switched to Jarrowsil by Jarrow Forumlas. I think they were the ones who originally developed the concept. The only difference between the two, is that Biosil is 6mg per 10 drops and Jarrowsil is 4 mg per 10 drops. Yes I use the drop kind since I heard it is better absorbed. I don't see a difference yet in quality and results. I like Jarrowsil better because the taste is a lot less bitter and nasty. Biosil tastes way worse to me.

As far as silica, biosil or any of these products, usually contain Silicon as Stabilized Orthosilicic Acid. I could have sworn I read somewhere that silica is different but they are the same, only made in a differnt form. Horsetail is another supplement that contains silicon.

EDIT : I buy mine from Vitacost, I believe they carry both brands
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I Love BioSil - Fantastic for both Hair & Skin!

I use the liquid drops every morning - produces great results in a very short amount of time.

BTW - I use Jarrow

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
i used to use Biosil - didnt see amazing results, but saw some difference in my hair thickness. I didnt continue with it cos I couldnt remember to take the quarter glass of juice every morning and evening. Am still trying to finish the bottle I have..

I am using viviscal, been using it for 10 months now - def seeing a difference - I don't feel like Im losing hair anymore! Hair is slightly thicker, would like to see more of an improvement though so am taking MSM with vitC too - will update on this combination in a few months.. At the moment I take 0.5-1 teaspoons in my tea with 500mg Vitamin C.

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I've taken Biosil for maybe 6 mos without perceptible results. Since I finished the last bottle of drops a couple of weeks ago, I haven't reordered. I hate to keep piling on the supplements without knowing what I truly should be taking and what is a waste of money.

I don't know anything about Viviscal, but the 5-star amazon reviews are almost all from people who reviewed only that product and nothing else. That always sets off warning bells for me! Besides, it seems as though Viviscal's main effect is to grow hair faster (not necessarily thicker or healthier. No thanks! I spend enough time and money getting my hair cut and colored as is, and I'd rather not need haircuts every other week! (If you believe the 5-star reviews, which I don't think I do.)
PIVOT

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again for the replies.

I bought the biosil Capsules because I read here about the nasty fishy taste and knew I would never use the drops, even in juice. I hope they have some benefit.

I looked up the dateline report on the "follicle five" from about 6 years ago. One of the testers used viviscal and liked it. Although he didn't have much hair growth (if any) he did say he noticed his hair stopped falling out.

At $600 a year I'm hesitant to try it. I've been reading here about LED devices for skin (AALS and BQ) and think that might be a better investment.

I ordered folligen for blondes, vitamin C, MSM, and the biosil caps plus emu oil so hopefully something will help (although I won't know which one since I'm starting them all together!)

So much to learn here!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |