Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pelleve'
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes I still have trouble pulling up topics on search...so will someone please direct me to the link if this topic is already being discussed somewhere...sorry!

I digress...has anyone tried the skin tightening laser Pelleve'?? It sounds very interesting due to the no downtime factor and only one treatment. (It sounds like optimally you would do it once every six months).

The website was of course vague about the cost...but said about the same you would spend in an afternoon shopping. Hmmm....like Kim Kardashian shopping or me shopping???

There is a derm about an hour away from me offering this so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and look into it.But, I trust you EDS gals experience over just about anyone...so would love to hear from you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't heard anything about it loirbar, but I will be waiting to see what you find out when you call! Smile Something tells me it's closer to how Kim Kardashian shops in an afternoon than most of us here at EDS! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Okay...here's what the derm's office had to say. The procedure is performed by the esthitician not the derm(which always makes me a little nervous). They recommend a package of 4 treatments spaced 2 weeks apart and the cost is $600 dollars for the package of 4...a bargain compared to the other procedures I have had.

They also said this is not a full face treatment. They will target any areas you want but usually around eyes and mouth are most common.

I'm willing to give it a try so my first appt is Oct. 25th...I'll let you know how it goes. I'll try to post before and after pics for all our sakes to see if this really produces results!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
So what happened? I'm curious about this because it's cheaper than fillers.
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have my last(fourth) session this thurs. and i honestly can't tell it's done anything. I can only hope there will be collagen remodeling over the next few months since it heats the lower layers like radio frequency/thermage.

In defense of the technology, I am in the hands of an esthetician, not a doctor. They haven't had the device very long and she hasn't done that many people.

The good news is there is no downtime with this procedure. I can put my makeup on right after and there's no redness or swelling...okay i guess that's not good news if it's doing nothing Sad

I lost my camera and never took before pics so there may be subtle changes...I'll keep you posted!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Marta underwent Pelleve' and has an excellent description of the procedure and experience on her website truthinaging.com.

I actually have some hope after reading her post...3 months till I see real results. It was interesting because she apparently had her entire face done and there was a big difference in "30 day top off treatment" versus my 4 sessions 2 weeks apart.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I've been trying to research this for a while now. There isn't much info out there, I guess because its only been out a couple of years.

I am really curious about this but honestly I felt the before and after images on the web site were not that impressive. I mean, I dont expect it look like surgical results but the change seemed so minimal.

There is a PS nearby me who has been using this since it came out. One of these days I'm going to go talk to him about it. I'd love to see his before and after photos.
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I have to say after 3 months, there are no impressive results here. Minimal improvement in dark under eyes, but not the "filling in" or wrinkle reduction I was hoping for. I have a botox/filler appt tomorrow!! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:45 am      Reply with quote
loribar wrote:
I have to say after 3 months, there are no impressive results here. Minimal improvement in dark under eyes, but not the "filling in" or wrinkle reduction I was hoping for. I have a botox/filler appt tomorrow!! Sad

Sorry to hear that loribar, I was hoping with time you would see the results you wanted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
loribar, that is really disappointing. I'm sorry to hear that.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:01 am      Reply with quote
any update on the pelleve. I was looking into this treatment as its no downtime. But if its minimal improvement - I guess im better off with the phillips reaura. thanks for any info.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Friend of mine had this done, 4-5 months ago. She doesn't feel there was any improvement from the treatment. I really don't notice any either. She really didn't need alot of tightening so she was really expecting something from it. Dr told her she would only need 1 treatment because she didn't need much tightening. She felt it was a waste of $. Maybe this treatment require multiple treatments but at the price why not just save up for a procedure that provides real results.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
thanks girliegirl. I think I will not do this treatment. Not enough good reviews.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |