Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eye Cream Recommendations For a Newbie ??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

I was referred to this forum by a friend of mine. It is a wonderful resource for information. I apologize in advance if I am repeating a thread.
I have been searching the forms for the last couple of days trying to decide on an eye cream. Many of the threads I went through had posts back from 2006. Before investing in any of those products, I wanted to know what was 'hot' now.

Something about my skin .... I am 44yrs old and recently had an eye lift. I don't have dark circles and am only starting to see fine lines. While I'm willing to spend some money on my skin, I would have a hard time justifying an eye cream over $100. I am currently using:
PSF gentle cleanser
PSF toner (Firming)
PSF DMAE
PSF BHA 2%
PSF Vit C serum
Nadarra Pure Moisture (day) or Pure Intensive (night) moisturizer.

I know I need an eye cream, but am having a lot of difficulty deciding which one.

I'd appreciate any recommendations.

TIA. Smile
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:21 am      Reply with quote
There are so many different choices for eye creams and everyone is different on what works for them. Sometimes you have to do a little trial and error.

Here are some that I've liked (my skin is slightly dry, some fine eye lines, usually no dark circles):

TNS Eye Repair cream
IS Clinical Youth Serum (I use the regular one, not the eye version)
GOW Eye Majik

The TNS and IS Clinical are pricey, however you can sometimes find sample sizes (trywww.Skinmedix.com) - I think there are reviews here on EDS for both of those products. The GOW (Garden of Wisdom) product is more reasonable and I really like it for the daytime under my sunscreen.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I can highly recommend M.D.Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream.
For me it has accomplished exactly what it claims to do, which is, smooth and tone while diminishing fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness for healthier, younger looking skin.

My eyes are quite sensitive so it did take me awhile to work up to every other night usage.
I don't have the box it came in so I can't list all the ingredients but the main active ing. are Retinol, Alpha Hydroxy acid and vit.E.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:45 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
There are so many different choices for eye creams and everyone is different on what works for them. Sometimes you have to do a little trial and error.

Here are some that I've liked (my skin is slightly dry, some fine eye lines, usually no dark circles):

TNS Eye Repair cream
IS Clinical Youth Serum (I use the regular one, not the eye version)
GOW Eye Majik

The TNS and IS Clinical are pricey, however you can sometimes find sample sizes (trywww.Skinmedix.com) - I think there are reviews here on EDS for both of those products. The GOW (Garden of Wisdom) product is more reasonable and I really like it for the daytime under my sunscreen.

I agreed. Eveyone is different on what works. I have tried many eye cream, including some of those that people said will work, and some of the most expensive USD300+ eye cream. Until now, still unable to find a perfect one.

I tried M.D.Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream, it did not work for me.
yakkomomo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:17 am      Reply with quote
For me, Valmont eye cream works very well on me. It won't have instant result but after I use about 2 weeks, the fine lines become not obvious.

I will also recommend Olay Total Effects Eye Transforming Cream,which is a cheaper choice if your lines is not too serious.

And, try to use eye mask at least 3 times a week, massage around your eye for at least 3 minutes every night=)
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies !

It is definitely overwhelming. The more I read the more confused I become!! At one point last night, I had convinced myself that eye creams were a scam and I should just use the same cream I use for my face on my eyes.

I still like the idea of eye creams. I'm going to look into buying sample sizes of some of the ones listed.

Thanks again !!!
amandaM
5% products discount

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend Reviving Eye Cream by Omorovicza. It has Arnica which reduces puffiness. Vitamin K, from lucernoil, is a great anti-coagulant and diminishes dark circles.
Cucumber extract soothes and refreshes the eye contour. Hazelnut peptide firms and lifts, minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Amanda !! The Omorovicza looks like a great line. I wish I could get it in Canada. There appears to be a spa in Toronto that carries it, but they don't sell it online.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree on the Omorovicza, their products are amazing.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone purchased Omorovicza in Canada? I sent an email to the company. She gave me two names of businesses in Vancouver, B.C., but one of them didn't have a website and the other didn't have those products showing on their site.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
i think the isomers 3000 for eyes are wonderful.it workful for the fine lines, dark circle. you can buy from canada.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to all of you who responded. I finally made a decision to try the Karin Herzog Oxygen Eye Cream. I'll post my review once I give it a try.

The price was a good place to start for me. If I can get a decent product to work that is in the area of $50, I'll be happy with that. I'd rather not go to the $100 creams yet !!! I'm afraid once I open that door, there'll be no stopping me !!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm happy to post that the eye cream I chose is one I am thrilled with. I ended up buying the Karin Herzog eye cream and couldn't be happier.

It is the first eye cream I've been able to actually put on my eye lid and not have it irritate my eyes. Almost any of the eye creams I've tried before were ones I could only use at night. They made my eye makeup run or they ran into my eyes. KH eye cream doesn't do any of that.

It is the first time I've had a product completely soak into my skin. I am careful to use a wet q-tip to wipe off my eyebrows and eyelashes. They warn you that, in time, it could lighten your eyebrows or eye lashes. I've been using it for over a week now and am not tempted to try anything else - that alone speaks volumes for me !!!

I did get a sample of the PSF Rejuvenating eye cream and didn't like it. It does feel nice when it goes on, but it is another eye cream that sits on the surface of your skin, rather than sink into it. I couldn't use it during day and didn't feel like it did anything after using it for several nights.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think TNS night eye repair and ismoers 3000for eyes are both perfect amoung the ones i used. They can work for my fine lines.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |