Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best bottle for C serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:20 am      Reply with quote
What is the best type of bottle for my C serum and can it be bought locally (I'm in Texas)?

I'm about to place an order at Lotion Crafters and I'm wondering if I should get the airless pump bottle they advertise for $2.75. It looks like it's clear. Would that be okay? I know a brown bottle would be best.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
These here appear clear in the picture yet they say opaque on the description? They have an 800 number you can call. They are $2.50.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CatalogID=9&GroupID=303&CategoryID=1981&ProductID=5216&ProductName=Natural+Airless+Pump%2C+Bottle+%26+Top+Set+-+1.7+oz

If you opt for clear you can wrap a label or tape around the bottle to keep light out. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Great idea about the tape. I came across this reply from a few years back:

I used the pump from Lotioncrafters for sea kelp and liked it very much. Unfortunately once closed it cannot be reopened to refill or to check contents or to add anything to it.

Hmmm....currently, I'm using a little dark brown bottle which used to contain a cooking extract. I have to pour the contents into my hand. I like the idea of the airless bottle with a pump top, though.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Flavia wrote:
Great idea about the tape. I came across this reply from a few years back:

I used the pump from Lotioncrafters for sea kelp and liked it very much. Unfortunately once closed it cannot be reopened to refill or to check contents or to add anything to it.

Hmmm....currently, I'm using a little dark brown bottle which used to contain a cooking extract. I have to pour the contents into my hand. I like the idea of the airless bottle with a pump top, though.

I personally would contact anyplace that I was planning on purchasing from to make certain that the bottles are reusable! Smile That's too much money to have to throw your bottle out every time you make a new batch.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm assuming it is reusable. I think I read that the bottom comes up as the air is removed and that's why you can't open it until it's empty, but I'm just guessing. I will call and ask. What kind of a bottle are you using? Does it have a pump top?
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Well, never mind! I think they are either not reusable or difficult to clean. Back to square one. Walgreen's doesn't carry glass brown bottles, so I'll just keep looking.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:27 am      Reply with quote
The airless pump bottles from lotion crafters are reusable.

They are, in my opinion, just ok.

When you fill the bottle it needs to be at the very, very top before you screw on the cap. Otherwise, it does not make a good seal and leaves a space for air to get in.

They are hard to clean.

And when you dispense it kind of shoots out. I have had serum fly a few feet when pumping. Now I just hold my hand over it.

Hope that helps,

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I use airless pump bottles that are easy to clean and reuse....but not a local purchase for you. Was $3.00 US and worth it.

Elegant little bottles, however they are are clear, not dark, I wrap aluminum foil around it and pop it in the fridge.

Silver cap and silver bottom.
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Drago, do tell! Where did you buy the bottles? I don't mind buying online, just thought if there was something local, I'd avoid the shipping.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I've seen blue and brown glass bottles at Whole Body that look good. Don't know if they are airless though.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:31 am      Reply with quote
It is just my preference that I like glass bottles to plastic ones as the pH of my DIY C serum is around 2.,
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
It is just my preference that I like glass bottles to plastic ones as the pH of my DIY C serum is around 2.,

One example of why I am not concerned as some is Lemon juice ph=2.3 which is sold in plastic all the time, along with other acidic liquids. JMHO Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I too prefer glass....but...I also drop things. *sigh* So...plastic it is and the plastic doesn't discolor in this bottle at all. Have reused many times.

I buy my bottles and oils from my GF, she runs a company that brings in goodies for the Spas here in town.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
I too prefer glass....but...I also drop things. *sigh* So...plastic it is and the plastic doesn't discolor in this bottle at all. Have reused many times.

I buy my bottles and oils from my GF, she runs a company that brings in goodies for the Spas here in town.

You lucky devil! Smile I use the glass as I have so many (bought bulk) but I doubt a decent plastic is a major concern!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |