Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
HELP! From Fraxel! Rosacea???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
InSweetTime
5% products discount

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hey. I have been lurking for awhile finally deciding to get some "real" help. I am four months out of a series of Fraxel restores. The last one was very aggressive and I am still slightly red in a veiny/streaky way. I have always been on the red/sensitive side. None of the 3 dermatologist I have been to post the restores say I have Rosacea. My cheeks are warm often with no flushing. I was on Nia 24 Skin Strengthening prior to and post Fraxel so I flushed then. Anyway.....the Fraxel has left me with raised pin prick pores, rough texture (orange peel), hyperpigmentation, broken caps and post acne. Before the treatment, I had no problems with acne or pores.

My derms (4 total: 3 post/1Fraxel) are divided. Two say do nothing and heal!!!! One gave me Replenix Green Tea and the other told me to use Cerave (basically Nia 24?). The other told me to get aggressive with Retin A/Obagi. I already have broken caps mainly on my cheeks. That I will address one day when my fear of lasers of over!!!

So what should I address first: redness or, while I am red, go for the turnover!! Obviously, the texture bothers me the most but I do not want to be stupid..ier (Fraxel). I am thinking I would start with ROC since I am sensitive and move up to Retin A later. Does anyone have any experience with Pryantine XR - it would address both if it works or Kinerase for Rosacea/redness? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I have been using Revitalight for the past 4 weeks from a local Spa. I think I have seen improvement but wondering if I should buy my own for frequent sessions. It costs $50/session. Of course, if her light has a higher penetration than I will gladly pay.

WHEW!!! I am sure you are tired but you have no idea how long these four months have been.

Current regime: Obagi C Wash/Obagi 10% Vit C/Aveeno Sunscreen. Skin feels oily but is really dry. Thank you in advance!!
In Sweet Time
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
If you don't find some good advice here, I'd suggest you go to the makemeheal.com site where you'll find lots of posts on Fraxel and lasers in general. Another good site is realself.com. HTH.

I've been thinking and reading about laser treatments for two years but am very reluctant because so much is in the hands of the practitioner and I don't personally know anyone who can vouch for a dr. I sympathize with your situation.
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
This is just my opinion, but, it works for me ~ I use ReVive Gentle Cleanser (Pink) and the ReVive Sensitif Cream. Both last over 3 months; usually 3 - 4 months. The cream is designed to help healing and contains EGF. This line has completely stopped my redness. I really think it might help you after reading your description. It is very gentle but effective. If you use it consistently for 3 months, I think you will be surprised.
P.S. No, I don't work for ReVive, I used La Mer for well over 10 years. I am in my mid -fifties and I love ReVive, my skin is very smooth, clear, the tone/color is even. Redness is gone!

Finally, stop everything else, just let your skin be and it will heal and look so much better. At one time, I did just get a light treatment and that did help, too. Not laser, just a LED light treatment.

P.S.S. I also really like the Serum Protectif, but, it might be too much for your skin right now.
InSweetTime
5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Charmed1: I will certainly look into those products. I tried LaMer but it broke me out. Have you ever tried TNS Complex? I liked it but could have sworn it made my face darker in color.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I would also give your face time to heal, but makemeheal is a great place for Fraxel advice. I love that website!
After my lasers and Fraxel it took a good 3 months for my skin to calm down. Less aggression to it right now the better and calming products are your best bet.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Fraxel it took a good 3 months for my skin to calm down. Less aggression to it right now the better and calming products are your best bet.

Do you remember what you used? I certainly see the light at the end of the tunnel - maybe I am trying to hard to get there!!

Thoughts on Nia 24, TNS, Pyrantine XR?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I used Biafine in the initial recovery and the Skinmedica moisturizers (don't remeber which ones) and the Remergent Barrier repair later on.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |