Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Deeper penetration of Hyalauronic Acid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hyalauronic acid based products make up a large part of today’s anti-aging skincare products. However the molecules in this anti-aging active are too big for the skin to absorb. I have seen a few products that offer fractionated Hyalauronic acid molecules but not many DIY actives for adding to your custom (home made) made formulations.

Hirulip recently peaked my interest as it is effectively a Hyalauronic acid based fractionated active that is able to penetrate the epidermis. While this active is primarily used in products specially meant for use on the lips it seems to me it could be helpful when included in anti-aging wrinkle plumping formulations. Idea

Please let me know your opinion of DIY self use of Hirulip in anti-wrinkle formulations. Also if you know of any other Hyalauronic based fractionated actives that are available for self purchase...

Thanks a bunch!! Smile Smile Smile

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Bulk Actives sell a fractionated hyaluronic acid at a very reasonable price, just a few dollars more than regular hyaluronic acid. Personally I get good enough results with the regular kind so I can't be bothered to buy the fractionated kind.

I've discovered that hydrating from the inside (with proper water based food) does as much if not more for the appearance of my skin as anything I put on it topically.

I work in aircraft cabins all day, an environment with a relative humidity of around 10% (extremely dry) so I've experimented a lot with keeping my skin hydrated. I've discovered that I get best results from the combination of a topical hyaluronic acid lotion\cream in conjunction with drinking a glass of barley grass juice in the morning, and eating a plateful of fresh water laden fruit such as watermelon, orange, cucumber before my morning meal.

Drinking water doesn't do as much for your skin as eating a water-based food. Drinking water tends to have a flushing action on the body rather than a hydrating one. But when the water is naturally packaged in with other nutritive ingredients (as it is in food) then it's hydrating power is excellent. The movement of the water is slowed through the body as the fibre and nutrients are digested giving it enough time to be transported into the cells rather than being flushed through the urinary tract.

Also if you are drinking water then it's so much better to drink a cup of warm water than a lot of cold water for the same reason. Water uptake in the body is much improved when it's body temperature or slightly above. You may notice that in Ayurveda water is never drunk cold, always at body temperature.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |