Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Has anyone tried plumping their lips through facial exercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
siany90

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,
Been reading a lot about facial exercise and was wondering whether anyone has tried it to plump their lips? and whether its worked?

Sorry if this has been covered but it's a wee bit exhausting looking through several years of posts...even though they are amazing!

Thanks
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, what an awesome idea! It just occurred to me that I've been single a long while so I'm pretty sure my lips are long overdue for a workout.
not even joking. Neutral
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
You can increase the size of your orbiularis Oris. Which can give an illusion of increased lip size because you plump from underneath. Improving on lip lines and such. Kind of like how breasts can be accentuated by increasing the Pectorial size below... Giving them a lift... adding some extra cleavage by muscle definition.

And I've found you can give your lips a temporary pump through workout.

But I've never met anyone go from a thin lipped person to Anelina Joli without injections.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Answering the original question, yes, I've found the exercises to plump my lips, in fact I got embarrassed as people asked if I'd had some work done... but then again my mouth muscles were the first to react to the exercise -I actually had to cut down on them drastically! I now just do a one day a week ex. to keep up, and my lips increased more than one size in no time... though as I said these muscles were the first to react, it may depend on each person.
HIH, A.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.lipaugmentation.com/images/lateralcheekmyology_grays.gif

The diagram at this link does a good job showing how the muscle below can impact the placement of the lips. If you build from below... you can push out what you've got.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
http://www.lipaugmentation.com/images/lateralcheekmyology_grays.gif

The diagram at this link does a good job showing how the muscle below can impact the placement of the lips. If you build from below... you can push out what you've got.

I will add....And keep it from sliding inward and out of view which happens as we age.
I love lip exercises. Some have said the FE gives a Chimpy look but I have never thought that. I think it adds a voluptuous look and very full and lovely. I also love Carole Maggio's lip exercises. Wonderful full upper lip with those.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:20 am      Reply with quote
very interesting! thanks for all the info...very keen to give these exercises a go!
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:20 am      Reply with quote
i do the ageless lip exercies - it is the one exercise that i do consistently, cos it really makes a difference. i do the exercise on both upper and lower lips, and its boosted mine from verging on medium thin to medium full..

nothing like angelina jolie though! Laughing

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sister... I HAVE seen the chimpy look.

It is NOT something that happens over night. It happens to those that just do, and don't analyze.

If you look at the muscle diagram straight on, you can see how IF you build easily you could build a HUGE Circle around your mouth.

Whatever you respond with first, is an area to watch for over build.

For some it's the forehead. I've seen some cheeks that look like golf balls have been implanted. I've seen large masseturs (granted those were on a steriod using competitive body builder.)

Many people can do a basic routine, and no biggy. But if you're the type to do something repetitively because you get results. Then you could be asking for it. Or if you just ignore your results until OTHERS are asking you what's up? You're asking for it.

The thing most exciting to me is that these overbuild results are total proof that you can in fact build enough muscle to make a noticable difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE,

Question if you don't mind a non-facial exerciser asking? One of the main reasons I haven't jumped in on the bandwagon so to speak is I have a very thin frame, small boned, you know the ballet dancer type! It applies to my face as well, I am so narrow naturally I can (and do) buy children's frames for my glasses! No LOL, I don't look like a freak, but the possibility of gauntness that I have read some have experienced with all programs really scares me off. What would be your advice under the circumstances? Plus I want lid lifts!!! Smile

Sorry didn't intend to hijack the lip thread, I can re-post on another thread if you prefer just tell me where?
TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Generally gauntness comes along for a couple of reason. Weight loss (this is why my mom originally started. She was a competitive body builder 5'6" and weighed like 112, but solid muscle) Her face started looking older than her because she was so thin. The idea was to build up the muscles to add fullness... HOwever at the time she was young and didn't have a lot of sag. So she didn't deal with stage 1 below... (added gauntness)

When a person starts when they are older, it appears you MAY go through 2 stages. 1) A tightening of the muscle which is like toned abs pulling in. (so how tight your bucs already are will dictate how much more tight they might get) And so some experience the gaunt look because they become more toned instead of flabbing about. (and this can be subtle but OBVIOUS, and for some an upsetting change)... and THEN if they are good at building muscle they can then add some bulk, surpassing the stage of guantness. (and then should stop before they hit the golf ball stage. IMO)

I can't tell a person exactly how they will build. And so, it's important to pay close attn. to your own build and be a bit critical. You will FEEL changes before you SEE them. When others notice change, it's probably been visible for a month or two.

And then depending on how much damage a person has will dictate how well they improve... say in the eye lid area. So a good example on our site is jacqui. You can see that she managed to p/u her eyelids quite a bit. Now, you're not going to look at her after and say, wow, she looks 20. But she does look better than her before.

Hope that helps, if you would like to ask more, then we should move this to another thread...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Claudia, Smile

I have copied your response to notes so I can digest it a bit more, but yes I would like to know more so, which thread?

Thank you once again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Just start a thread... and It will pop up on my list of threads since i was last here. And If I don't answer in a timely fashion, pm me. I'll get an e-mail I think...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Just start a thread... and It will pop up on my list of threads since i was last here. And If I don't answer in a timely fashion, pm me. I'll get an e-mail I think...

Thanks yet again Claudia, will do soon! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Sister... I HAVE seen the chimpy look.

It is NOT something that happens over night. It happens to those that just do, and don't analyze.

If you look at the muscle diagram straight on, you can see how IF you build easily you could build a HUGE Circle around your mouth.

Whatever you respond with first, is an area to watch for over build.

For some it's the forehead. I've seen some cheeks that look like golf balls have been implanted. I've seen large masseturs (granted those were on a steriod using competitive bodybuilder.
The thing most exciting to me is that these overbuild results are total proof that you can in fact build enough muscle to make a noticable difference.

Well first thoughts: Agree it is indeed proof that facial exercise works. And how do you get golf ball cheeks? :lo
As far as a gaunt face like DM - couldn't it build up rather than make thinner? I am slim too (and so is Toby who is a big advocate) but have found that facial exercise gives a nice shape to my face. Not more gaunt, not more built up necessarily but contour and tone. Like what exercise does for my body. I am very fond of lip exercises. I guess I haven't gotten to the true chimpy stage.

And also regarding DM - eye exercises would not add to a gaunt appearance however they could lift her lids.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I wasn't clear, I wouldn't call my face gaunt, I am very very small framed all over. I wouldn't want to create a gaunt appearance.

As far as the eyes I understand that a lifting exercise wouldn't cause gauntness, just not familiar with the best thing to do exercise wise there. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
DM - there is a freebie on Eva Frasiers site that I think would work. It's similar to one from both CM and Flex Effect. I'd just suggest you do it more times than Eva says. The exercises I refer to is an upper eyelid lift. The eye exercises in general really work and are easy to fit into your day. You can do them in your car (stoplights if you're not shy), at your computer - wherever.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
golf ball cheeks? :lo
As far as a gaunt face like DM - couldn't it build up rather than make thinner? I am slim too (and so is Toby who is a big advocate) but have found that facial exercise gives a nice shape to my face. Not more gaunt, not more built up necessarily but contour and tone. Like what exercise does for my body. I am very fond of lip exercises. I guess I haven't gotten to the true chimpy stage.

And also regarding DM - eye exercises would not add to a gaunt appearance however they could lift her lids.[/quote]
Golf ball cheeks: I've only seen it a few times. Usually this is injection related. Think Madonna... But I've seen over build. Deb herself when teaching all the time would get it to where She could SEE her cheeks. DUDE... BAcK OFF!

Guantness is NOT a guarantee. But is can happen. So, I consider it a fair warning. The chimp stage: I just don't know HOW people get here. Without ignoring the mirror. If you haven't hit that stage by now... you probably wont EVER hit it. It's pretty rare.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Chimp stage: I got there in no more than six weeks! Following intructions of 'Keep on... etc', you have to do ALL exercises every day, from trainers at FE ... following 'my' mirror I obviously dropped it... never heed the instructions I got from trainers at that point,... so Claudia's point is for sure correct, look at yourself in the mirror, follow your own instincts... Glad the Flexeffect point of view seems to have changed for the benefit of others who like facial exercises but not to overdue certain parts of the face.
Hugs, A.
LondonLucyGeorge
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Although I'm not a flexer, I have to say I haven't seen them telling people to keep on, and so fourth. In fct to me they seem to ask many many questions, but then they always seem to come up with some sort of advice to help people. I opted for Ageless, and will probably soon move to FlexEffect, as Ageless seems to have died somewhat.

So I'm not so sure the point of view has changed from the last few months I've been there, but of course this may have been some time ago your talking about, but just wanted to throw my experience in.

Lucy
ATester wrote:
Chimp stage: I got there in no more than six weeks! Following intructions of 'Keep on... etc', you have to do ALL exercises every day, from trainers at FE ... following 'my' mirror I obviously dropped it... never heed the instructions I got from trainers at that point,... so Claudia's point is for sure correct, look at yourself in the mirror, follow your own instincts... Glad the Flexeffect point of view seems to have changed for the benefit of others who like facial exercises but not to overdue certain parts of the face.
Hugs, A.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Its funny as back when I started Flex Effect, I used to notice my lips increased in size after a particular exercise, but this often dissipated within a few minutes afterwards, but as time went by, I've noticed that the results have stayed around longer. Sometimes they last me the whole day. Its much like anything, when the tissue gets used to be trained, the fibres and cells start to grow accustomed to it, and as such the results (aka the famous pump) do last longer. Even my female friends one time accused me of wearing make up, because my lips were reddish in colour, and when I showed them the exercise, they all became major fans of it and have noticed similar things themselves (although they don't talk about it like I do).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ClaudiaFE,

Question if you don't mind a non-facial exerciser asking? One of the main reasons I haven't jumped in on the bandwagon so to speak is I have a very thin frame, small boned, you know the ballet dancer type! It applies to my face as well, I am so narrow naturally I can (and do) buy children's frames for my glasses! No LOL, I don't look like a freak, but the possibility of gauntness that I have read some have experienced with all programs really scares me off. What would be your advice under the circumstances? Plus I want lid lifts!!! Smile

Sorry didn't intend to hijack the lip thread, I can re-post on another thread if you prefer just tell me where?
TIA

Wow, Darkmoon, I thought I was the only one who had to buy children's frames. Smile Don't tell anyone, but my glasses are "Barbie" brand glasses in the color "Root beer"....I went to 8 other stores and couldn't find anything else that would even remotely fit!!! So I totally symphasize about having a tiny frame.

As a thin person who started in a gaunt phase, I've only had positive results...though I use the mirror test and am very attuned so really haven't run into any problems.

But even if you were to say run into problems, you can always not do exercises for the problem area and you can tailor the problem. It seems that even most people who run into problems, still stick with facial exercises or electric toning devices, they just drastically change what exactly they are doing. And if your eyes are the issue, it seems that most people get great benefit from eye exercises.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
THANKS cm5597, LOL,

It's almost embarrassing to post that you need to buy childrens frames for your glasses! Every Time I deal with a new person when buying they insist I try adult frames which not only fall off my head, but make my eyes look like they are way too close together! Rolling Eyes
It's soooo good to know I am not alone. Smile

Back to exercises my main issue is lifting the lid area, that's my biggie on what decided to droop on my face! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
But even if you were to say run into problems, you can always not do exercises for the problem area and you can tailor the problem. It seems that even most people who run into problems, still stick with facial exercises or electric toning devices, they just drastically change what exactly they are doing. And if your eyes are the issue, it seems that most people get great benefit from eye exercises.

HTH Smile

I've found facial exercises great for the lips and lower end of face... the eyes seem to be taking longer, so is my forehead,... I use Safetox too, but I think it may just be a question of 'that is life'! My forehead lines seem deeper, or wider, and the crows feet are multiplying!!

Following the thread, exercises have done wonders for my lips!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ATester - Have you considered starting a thread on Piabelli? - I've been so curious about this line. where do you get it? What do you think? Pluses, minuses, cost, etc.

Sorry to break thread protocal but throwing the idea out there.
I know there are some interested parties.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |