Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried plumping their lips through facial exercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Chimp stage: I got there in no more than six weeks! Following intructions of 'Keep on... etc', you have to do ALL exercises every day, from trainers at FE ... following 'my' mirror I obviously dropped it... never heed the instructions I got from trainers at that point,... so Claudia's point is for sure correct, look at yourself in the mirror, follow your own instincts... Glad the Flexeffect point of view seems to have changed for the benefit of others who like facial exercises but not to overdue certain parts of the face.
Hugs, A.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ClaudiaFE,

Question if you don't mind a non-facial exerciser asking? One of the main reasons I haven't jumped in on the bandwagon so to speak is I have a very thin frame, small boned, you know the ballet dancer type! It applies to my face as well, I am so narrow naturally I can (and do) buy children's frames for my glasses! No LOL, I don't look like a freak, but the possibility of gauntness that I have read some have experienced with all programs really scares me off. What would be your advice under the circumstances? Plus I want lid lifts!!! Smile

Sorry didn't intend to hijack the lip thread, I can re-post on another thread if you prefer just tell me where?
TIA

Wow, Darkmoon, I thought I was the only one who had to buy children's frames. Smile Don't tell anyone, but my glasses are "Barbie" brand glasses in the color "Root beer"....I went to 8 other stores and couldn't find anything else that would even remotely fit!!! So I totally symphasize about having a tiny frame.

As a thin person who started in a gaunt phase, I've only had positive results...though I use the mirror test and am very attuned so really haven't run into any problems.

But even if you were to say run into problems, you can always not do exercises for the problem area and you can tailor the problem. It seems that even most people who run into problems, still stick with facial exercises or electric toning devices, they just drastically change what exactly they are doing. And if your eyes are the issue, it seems that most people get great benefit from eye exercises.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
THANKS cm5597, LOL,

It's almost embarrassing to post that you need to buy childrens frames for your glasses! Every Time I deal with a new person when buying they insist I try adult frames which not only fall off my head, but make my eyes look like they are way too close together! Rolling Eyes
It's soooo good to know I am not alone. Smile

Oh, man, I have the same problem Smile Normal adult glasses look like clown glasses on me because of my small frame and my eyes are super-close together. It's funny, though, as it's not that obvious until I actually put on adult glasses.

DarkMoon wrote:
Back to exercises my main issue is lifting the lid area, that's my biggie on what decided to droop on my face! Laughing

It seems to me from reading others' posts that running into eye problems (e.g., overbuilding) is not that common (c.f., gauntness or the buccinators sucking inwards). It seems that the two eye problems that some people run into are (1) overbuilding (for people who have been exercising for a long time and/or are super-zealous and are not monitoring their build closely enough, though this problem is easily fixed), and (2) in rare cases, sometimes the under-eye area can look a little worse for the wear from exercise and massage, as the area starts to heal and move the damaged tissue out (or, occasionally, it will look worse if people overdo it and are doing 3-4x the recommended amount of eye exercises).

If you are a little reluctant, I would say just to move slowly so that you can build confidence and figure out what works for you. At this stage, I think a low-cost programs like Facercise (just the book or older copy of the DVD), Ageless If You Dare (if that's still available), or Senta Maria Runge's Facelifting by Exercise are all great first introductions to facial exercise (or for many, they are enough in and of themselves).

Personally, they have given me the best results over everything else I have tried, not only in terms of giving me my cheeks back, but they have also done wonders for my skin. Of course, to each, their own, but I have to sing the benefits of them and how grateful I am Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |