Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Should I go back on the pill?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls,

I'm thinking about going back on birth control pills. I went off about 3 years ago and didn't experience any major problems. It took about 6 months for my skin and hair to stop being oily, but I didn't suffer from any major blemishes at all. After everything had balanced itself out my skin wasn't as clear as it was when I was on the pill, but nothing major, a few tiny bumps, the occasional tiny spot, 3 or 4 blackheads.

Just 6 months ago I had the worst breakout ever, though, so I'm thinking about going back on the pill to handle it. I'm not entirely sure what's causing it - stress (just moved to a different continent), diet (I went vegan about 3 months before I started breaking out, going to ease off of that now), etc.

I never had any problems with the pill. I was on it for 5 years before. I am aware that artificial hormones are definitely not the ideal solution and I am aware of all the (admittedly horrifying) side effects, but since I didn't have any before, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be fine.

This breakout has been terrible for me. I scar very easily and I am already left with several acne scars (the indentation kind, not the red marks that fade over time), so I am terrified that this will continue for who knows how long. Maybe I just suddenly got adult acne (I am 26), I don't know.
The breakouts are also clearly hormone related.. Strangely, as soon as I'm on my period I clear up, and the further away I am from my period the more I break out. I don't think topicals make the slightest difference for me. None of the ones that I have tried so far anyway, and I have tried quite a few.

If it wasn't for the scarring, I suppose I would just sit through it, but things being what they are I was looking for some opinions.
I know in the end I will have to make the decision myself, I was just wondering what you guys are thinking...

Thanks, girls! Smile
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
The recent acne breakouts may have nothing to do with the fact that you are not on the pill. Your body changes as you get older and the lack of breakouts while on the pill may not even be related to the pill and vice versa.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi its_kristy, I know. I don't think my breakouts have anything to do with me not being on the pill. I was fine without the pill for almost 3 years, so that's probably not it.
I'm wondering about taking it again to stop this, though.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:51 am      Reply with quote
What topicals are using for acne? Anything rx?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi girliegirl, no, no prescription drugs.
It's the first time that I had a breakout this bad. I recently moved from Europe to America. Even though the breakout started whilst still in Europe (where I had health insurance) it was nowhere close as bad as it is now that I am in America (where I don't have health insurance and cannot afford to see a derm).

I did use Retin-A before but the 0.01% gel that I used on my leg (!) irritated my skin so much it looked and felt like I had seriously burned myself. Confused I am therefore somewhat cautious to use it on my face.
Nirasha
5% products discount

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
i went off the pill for 1 month and my acne problem that was under control just went crazy. now im too scared not to be on the pill
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |