Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can You Trust Online Reviews?????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:39 am      Reply with quote
How do we trust online reviews with software like this available to sellers?

Control how you look online
MyEdge Pro is a revolutionary service designed just for business that controls how you look when someone Googles you or your business.
Protect your reputation from unwarranted and false online reviews. Make sure Google reflects the truth about your business. MyEdge Pro is a customized package of services that is targeted to your specific personal and business objectives.
A good reputation means business
MyEdge Pro combines cutting edge technology and live support from experienced Reputation Advisors. It is proven to increase positive content and actively combat false, misleading or irrelevant Google results for businesses and business owners including doctors, lawyers, executives, contractors, real estate agents -- anyone whose business depends on their reputation.

http://www.reputationdefender.com/business

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Shock

How long has this been around?
Argh. Just great. Rolling Eyes
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Shock

I didn't check Penta, I stumbled upon it and found it totally appalling! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Penta wrote:
Shock

I didn't check Penta, I stumbled upon it and found it totally appalling! Rolling Eyes

I'll be honest I'm not a very trusting person. When I read reviews on company websites (example HSN) I'm always thinking to myself " I wonder if these are people who work for the company".

Whenever I write something online I always think of as talking to another person. Would I lie to someones face no? So why should it be any different?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie,

I am the same and fully believe EDS members are telling their honest opinions. What bothers me is that this company can leave only the positive reviews about a seller and remove the negatives, skewing the truth entirely!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
SkinCareJunkie,

I am the same and fully believe EDS members are telling their honest opinions. What bothers me is that this company can leave only the positive reviews about a seller and remove the negatives, skewing the truth entirely!

DM,

I feel the same way about EDS members. I believe the people here are only here to help one another out. Our skin care journey throughout life gets costly lol. So it's nice when someone posts an honest opinion. Although there are certain products where you have to keep your skin type in mind! Very Happy
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
As a consumer, I find it really frustrating that the research I take the time to do can be totally skewed by companies plugging their own products unethically. From a business point of view, I can understand wanting to know if there is information being posted about your products on the internet. I do feel for smaller businesses, who don't have the money that the big companies have to pay for advertising, etc. I belong to a haircare forum that is quite similar to this one. I've seen it from both perspectives.

There have been times where the owners of the smaller companies have created several identities on the forum to plug their products. They normally get caught quite quickly. Usually their join-up date is within days of when they start raving about a product ... and it is normally the only product they speak about. However ... I've also seen some really nasty people who have completely slammed a company for some reason when it isn't always warranted. There were a group of women on this particular forum that were being really harsh on a small business owner. She was encouraging everyone to boycott the products, etc. Eventually her rants became so obviously personal and biased that I think (hope) that she was eventually ignored.

I SOOO appreciate forums like this. They have been a tremendous resource for me and I really enjoy the sister-hood aspect of it as well ... sorry if that sounds a little hokey. Wink

Women are often not that supportive of each other. What I like about forums like this is that it allows us to recommend products (or not) and to learn from each other without being at the mercy of a sales person. It has also introduced me to skincare lines that I would never have heard of otherwise. My wallet does tend to take a hit, but my skin is looking fabulous, so what the heck !!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |