Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Halloween hair detanglers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sunnylee
5% products discount

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
So with Halloween around the corner I know alot of hairspray and product is going to be in use, at least for me. I am going to a party as a Bavarian Beer Girl. Wondering what is the best way to clean up after a harsh night. I usually just take out any accessories and wash my hair 3-4 times but I am always pulling chunks of hair out Sad

Trying the Protect Detangling product but curious if you girls have any rituals that will help along with a detangler to get my hair back healthy after one of those nights.

Also..what are you dressing up as this year?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Wet... then add MEGA amounts of hair conditioner... I think it's a big no no, but I then work a Large tooth comb through. Starting at the ends.

Just NO yanking... Then rinse, then wash, and condition as normal.

This has worked for major gelled bun head, and ratted out to a very halloween scary head of hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Wet... then add MEGA amounts of hair conditioner... I think it's a big no no, but I then work a Large tooth comb through. Starting at the ends.

This has worked for major gelled bun head, and ratted out to a very halloween scary head of hair.

Claudia,

You have it right it's comb=wet brush=dry! Always working from the ends up. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
You could try doing a pre-wash conditioning as well. When you first wet your hair, put some conditioner in and gently rub it around. I wouldn't try to comb it through your hair. After you shampoo your hair, use a conditioner with a lot of 'slip'. If a conditioner has a lot of slip it will slide through your knots, etc much easier. If you pick a 'grabby' type conditioner you'll probably lose more hair.

If you use a protein-rich conditioner it will also help strengthen your hair after the abuse !! I really like Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. It is quite reasonably priced and is amazing for going through knots. Terra Neema Crema is also a great conditioner, but is much more expensive.

Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner can be purchased from Curlmart. It is actually on sale for 20% off until midnight tonight (21Oct10). The code is ELU20
http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html if you live in the U.S. Curlmart also ships to Canada, but the shipping will obviously be higher.

You can buy it in Canada from this site:
http://www.attitudeline.ca/Elucence/Conditioners.aspx. I've never purchased from here, so I can't speak to their customer service. I can speak to Curlmart; their customer service is really good.

I'd also make sure you put a good leave-in conditioner after you rinse out your products.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
lots and lots and lots of conditioner. probably would be good to leave it in for a while with saran wrap around his and a blow dryer to heat up (kinda like a hair treatment). I third the wide tooth comb brushing from ends up. Go up by couple inch sections and hold it tight so you don't pull your hair.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I like Paul Mitchell "The Detangler" and his leave in "The Conditioner".

And of course use a wide tooth comb and always start fromthe bottom up to remove tangles.
Infusium from the drugstore is pretty good too..
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Claudia,

You have it right it's comb=wet brush=dry! Always working from the ends up. Smile

A product I learned that I find much more gentle than a wide tooth comb is a Denman brush. http://www.honeyfig.com/en/products/shop_brand/Denman/p17573285.html
A number of people were using the Denman brush, rather than a wide tooth comb to distribute their conditioners and styling products. I was skeptical at first, but have since fallen in love with it. My daughter's hair was down to her waist for years. She is very athletic and doesn't hesitate to get hot and sweaty. Getting any conditioner through her knots was a tear filled event. Switching to a Denman brush made all the difference. It is really gentle and feels wonderful on your scalp. There is a lot written about Denman brushes onwww.naturallycurly.com if anyone is interested in reading up on them.

I've never had a problem with it breaking my hair. In fact I 'shed' less when I use a Denman brush to 'comb' through my conditioner than before when I was using a wide tooth comb.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |