Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osmosis Pur Products & Philosophy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Rosi wrote:
Dont think JoElle ships to New Zealand.

Are you sure? She ships to Australia so don't know why she wouldn't ship to NZ - plus you can checkout with Paypal so you should be fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Rosi wrote:
Dont think JoElle ships to New Zealand.

Are you sure? She ships to Australia so don't know why she wouldn't ship to NZ - plus you can checkout with Paypal so you should be fine.

In JoElla's latest newsletter she states that Osmosis is not allowing any new clients from Australia and New Zealand, but that existing clients are ok. Why on earth would they do this? Now that the world is shrinking and we are used to using the internet to purchase from anywhere in the world, it seems ridiculous to exempt certain countries - very bad business in my opinion.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
that's really sad as the only place to buy Osmosis here is in Beuaty Clinics and its very expensive. I wanted to try some other products but too dear at the moment. For now I will just use the Stem Cell serum and Clear - at least until my favourite feline has had all his vet stuff successfully completed lol.
Its also sad as the NZ dollar is so strong atm that getting Osmosis from JoElle's website would probably be very cost effective. You are right - bad business
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Did you send an email to JoElla to explain why this is happening? Sometimes it is due to a licencing agreement with the company, but it seems odd that all of a sudden they would stop sending products there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love this skincare line. It is the first line that I've tried (and I've tried many) that really made a difference in my skin. I no longer get any tingling. I have added in the Polish mask once a week as well as either the Berries or the Wine & Berries. I prefer the Berries, but both are nice.

Rosi wrote:
well, I have just applied Mend again. I used Clear, then about half a pump of Mend and gently patted it on rather than rubbing. Much less redness. Surprisingly the Quench/Immerse mix bought out more redness, but not as bad as the other day. no itchiness yet. Will let you know what i look like in the am!
Time, you obviously really like this product, judging by your list! i will have to wait a while before i buy any more as i have a sick cat to sort out first Sad Nearly out of stem factor small bottle tho! Dont think JoElle ships to New Zealand.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Time, i love your postings, every time you mention a product, i immediately look it up!
Like you i have also tried many different brands.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Rosi wrote:
Time, i love your postings, every time you mention a product, i immediately look it up!
Like you i have also tried many different brands.

Thanks Rosi!!!
I wouldn't buy the Polish or either of the other masks I mentioned if I were you though. I think Repair would be a good buy, or the Calming Bkend powder. I use it at least once a month. My skin gets a little red before my period; it helps calm it. I think the masks might be too strong until your skin decides whether it likes it. I hope you end up being able to use the line. It is frustrating to keep spending money & not get the results you want. I was thrilled when Osmosis worked so well for me. I haven't been tempted to try anything else since!!

5% products discount

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just used my new stem factor serum (38ml) for the first time. The colour is brown, completely different to the sample bottle colour which was white/clear. Any reasons for this? I think it smells slightly different too.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Rosi wrote:
I just used my new stem factor serum (38ml) for the first time. The colour is brown, completely different to the sample bottle colour which was white/clear. Any reasons for this? I think it smells slightly different too.

That's strange. I'm on my 3rd bottle & they have all been a cocoa colour of brown. The Replenish is clear & smells orangey. I wonder if you got a sample that was labelled wrong.
Did you like it?

5% products discount

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Yes i did the original sample bottle was a pearly white and it was fantastic. that is what i thought i was getting when i bought the larger Stem factor. I wonder if they did have the label wrong. Whatever it was was great!!!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
That is frustrating. I know that the colour of some of their products has changed, but I have had 3 bottles of Stem Factor and none of them have been white.
Replenish is a great product as well. It is their anti-oxidant serum. On JoElla's site, it is advertised as one of her best seller's. I use it am and pm. They recommend using it before you apply either Calm or Mend. While I have never had any problems with it, JoElla told me that some people who suffer from breakouts, find that it encourages a breakout. I have never had that experience with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
From the latest JoElla Millan newsletter:

Quote:
Osmosis will not allow International purchases in the USA. My existing clients are OK to purchase, since you have been with me for a long time. No need to worry. No new clients will be allowed on any websites that sell Osmosis in the US. I will be monitoring my new registrations. Osmosis is also monitoring all websites and will enforce this . It all has to do with the Distributors in each country. We are not allowed to explain on the website, so I am explaining it with my newsletter. Let me know if you have any questions.

As I've said before, I think this is bad business practice. Surely all manufacturers have distributors in other countries and don't find it necessary to take this kind of action.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I can see it from both sides. It certainly has nothing to do with JoElla & I am thrilled that she is allowed to continue to sell to her established clients. The prices for the products in Canada is much higher. I don't think it is the company's fault. The government taxes don't allow this companies to sell for the same price as they can in the US. How can these companies compete if something like that isn't enforced. Other companies do the same thing. You will see on EDS that there are some lines they can't ship out of Canada. We should blame government not the companies who are trying to remain competitive.
Just my thoughts!!

5% products discount

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Osmosis has distributors in other countries. Example Australia, New Zealand etc. The distributors purchase the right to sell in these countries. It has come to the point where each customer needs to purchase in the country where they live. Osmosis is actively enforcing this rule, protecting their distributors. The websites selling the Osmosis products have to abide by this rule, or not sell the products. Existing clients are OK, no new International Osmosis clients will be allowed to register as per Osmosis Skin Care.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I fully realise that this issue is not the fault of the websites who are selling the product - and I'm very grateful that existing customers are being looked after.

However, I still think it is bad business for the companies involved. Like it or not, the internet has become "the" place to shop. I realise that this has had a negative effect on many high street businesses who can't compete. Look at what i-tunes has done to the CD market. But you can't stop progress. Shopping on the web is a way of life for all of us now - it brings the global marketplace into our homes. If distributors can't compete, then so be it. "Cutting off" certain countries from accessing the products on the web is not the way to handle the situation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you Keliu. Ultimately, I think that governments need to recognize that they are making it very difficult for small businesses to be successful when they are taxed so heavily on the products they are trying to sell. Having said that, however, I also think that companies like Osmosis should recognize that if they are going to sell their product in that country, they have to adjust their prices accordingly as well. It is one thing to be a dollar or two difference, but some of the products are $30 higher. When the Canadian and US dollar are pretty much at par, there should not be such a big difference in the cost between the two countries.

At the end of the day, Osmosis will be the ones to lose if they price themselves out of the market. Consumers will just look for another product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
In Australia Catalyst is $50.00 dearer. However, there are two other distributors who market Osmosis products under their own brand names. There is one clinic near me that sells one of them. So I thought, "Great, very convenient". But when I emailed them for the prices I nearly fainted. They were exorbitant - (sorry, I can't remember the exact prices but they were significantly dearer than the Osmosis prices). As a savvy consumer, of course I'm going to purchase from the net.

There's been quite allot of press here lately about internet shopping because retailers are really doing it tough. But what companies have to realise is that this way of shopping is here to stay and they have to implement strategies to deal with it. As you say, if they make it too difficult to purchase, consumers will go elsewhere.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:24 am      Reply with quote
In New Zealand you can only buy Osmosis at beauty clinics and Stem Cell is $240.00. Catalyst is slightly more i think. I certainly cant afford to buy more than one or two products at that price, especially when the product seems completely different to the sample bottle that i originally purchased!!
Rosi
5% products discount

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
That is frustrating. I know that the colour of some of their products has changed, but I have had 3 bottles of Stem Factor and none of them have been white.

I phoned the clinic and she informed me that Stem Cell used to be White!!!! and that they had changed it because men didnt like the smell- I did mention that i had read that it had been brown for a while, but what can you do lol!!!
I did contact Osmosis NZ, but havent heard back from them as yet. Will let you know when i do. Smile
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Rosi wrote:
I phoned the clinic and she informed me that Stem Cell used to be White!!!! and that they had changed it because men didnt like the smell- I did mention that i had read that it had been brown for a while, but what can you do lol!!!
I did contact Osmosis NZ, but havent heard back from them as yet. Will let you know when i do. Smile

Do you like the version that you received? I find that response to be a little odd, who knows? I know that there had been complaints that some of the products had too much colour. I remember seeing it in the description of an item that "Osmosis had listened" and had lightened the colour of the product while still maintaining the quality. It wasn't a product I used so I can't remember which one.

5% products discount

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I liked the sample bottle better, the creamy colour was preferable. I had no contact redness at all, and i seem to be getting it with the cocoa variety. That is why i wonder if it is even the same product. I'll keep using it for another week and if i still dont like it i will take it back i think. I am disappointed as i really loved the small bottle, but they seem different, which is unsatisfactory for over $200.00 a bottle.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:31 am      Reply with quote
There does seem to be an issue with the variability in the colour and consistency of some of the Osmosis serums. Not sure what to make of it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 am      Reply with quote
My Replenish is a different color too, at first I thought it was a different product with the wrong label. Mine is whitish when it was a bit on the yellow side. Smells the same though.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I had heard that the price was higher in Australia, but had no idea it was that high. No wonder people are upset they can't order from the US. They are higher in Canada as well, but nothing like that.

When I was researching the line, I saw a number of complaints about the colour of the products. At one point the company was posting that "they had listened". They were able to lighten them without compromising the quality. They also fixed the pumps - Thank God. The old pumps would give you 3 times the amount of product that you actually needed.

It is concerning when the colour changes that significantly. I think it can be a common complaint with more naturally based products. I have run into the same thing with hair products from natural lines. It is a question worth posing to the manufacturer. There is nothing more annoying when you purchase something & it isn't the same as the previous bottle or sample. Consistency in the line is very important.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Rosi wrote:

Hi Rosi
I just opened my newest bottle & it is now a creamy colour - similar colour to Replenish. It is definitely not Replenish; it smells noticeably different. I sent an email to JoElla to ask if the formulation had changed. I'm wondering if you were given old product? This is the first Stem Factor I've used in the new packaging so it definitely isn't old product. It could be a labeling error, but I suspect the formulation has been lightened. There is little to no fragrance to this one.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |