Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Osmosis Pur Products & Philosophy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rosi
5% products discount

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Time2Bme
I have been wondering that myself. It would make sense that the little sampler bottles would be newer than the big ones! It does smell different doesnt it! the creamy one is preferable i think. I certainly didnt get any breakouts and i have with the cocoa coloured one-big giant pimples! And redness.
I still havent heard from Osmosis New Zealand. I'd be really interested to hear what response you get Smile
Both my bottles have the green and white packaging though.
How long do your 30 ml bottles usually last?
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rosi
I received a reply from JoElla already - another reason I love getting products from her; the customer service is the best I've seen.
She said that I do have the right formulation. It was white before, then went cocoa & has returned to be white. She also said that because of the natural ingredients there would be variations in the appearance of the formulation.
I'm not surprised by that. I use a lot of natural hair products & while the way it works is consistent, their appearance is often quite different from one bottle to the next.

One bottle of Stem Factor probably lasts me a couple of months, but I haven really been paying close attention. I try & order items regularly to take advantage of sales, or simply to spread out the cost. I use the Stem Factor twice a day.

The Catalyst lasts longer, probably closer to 3 months. I use it twice a day. It can get darker with age, so I have started to keep it in the fridge. It doesn't seem to change in colour now. It is a bit inconvenient but i would rather that than have it get too dark.

I would speak to them though if you are finding that you are reacting to this batch. There is no point in spending that kind of money if you bare going to react to it half the time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:08 am      Reply with quote
This was a product line I was pretty keen to try. But as I am in Australia I was going to order on the net (joella) however I have left it to late it seems!!

Very bad business practice I would have thought, I will just spend my money elsewhere. There are so many different brands!

Internet shopping is the future, I know its hard for small business, but the markup's are ridiculous in some cases.

I went to a clinic the other day and saw a lady spend nearly $500 on 3 products that were all available on the internet for about $200!!! (these were not Osmosis products)

She was quite elderly and I just felt sorry for her. Money obviously wasn't an issue but I just thought '"rip off".

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
This was a product line I was pretty keen to try. But as I am in Australia I was going to order on the net (joella) however I have left it to late it seems!!

Very bad business practice I would have thought, I will just spend my money elsewhere. There are so many different brands!

My daughter was keen to purchase the Vitamin C Powder but now she's unable to purchase too - ridiculous.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Is this happening with other products as well - I was specifically thinking of products like Karin Herzog. Have distributors demanded exclusive rights from those companies?

I still believe that the company will lose in the long run. They are forcing people to turn to other companies as an alternative.

My skin is important to me, so I am willing to invest some money in it. HOWEVER ... I don't have an unlimited amount of money ... and there is nothing worse than feeling ripped off. When you know that you can get the identical product from the U.S. for $90 and you have to buy it locally for $240 ?? I couldn't wrap my head around that one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
The only other company that I'm aware of which puts restrictions on where it sells to is Valmont.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I really believe that if something isn't done to lower the prices, peope won't buy the product. My skin is sensitive. I was THRILLED when Osmosis worked as well as it has. I've really struggled to find something that my skin didn't react to, let alone improved it. Most people I know don't have the issues with their skin that I do. It will be those people who will drop the line. They are essentially pricing themselves out of the market.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to say that since they have changed the bottles, the new pumps are wonderful. The first bottle that I had with Osmosis was brutal. It came out in a big squirt. It was more product than was needed and you had to be careful to even get the product in your hand. The second set of packaging was significantly improved, but still not great. This latest packaging is great. The bottles are a little larger, but the pumps on them are great. There is no waste anymore. It only distributes a small amount - it is the perfect amount for an application.

To Rosi ... I am liking this formulation of Stem Factor better as well. I find it soaks in better and I prefer the scent of it. I wonder what my next bottle will be though !

5% products discount

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
hi Time2Beme
The more i read yoiur posts, the more i think i have been given older stock. Its frustrating when the small sample bottle is the revised version. It does come out very quickly.
I have had to take a break as my skin was quite agitated over the weekend.
Rosi
5% products discount

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:

To Rosi ... I am liking this formulation of Stem Factor better as well. I find it soaks in better and I prefer the scent of it. I wonder what my next bottle will be though !

To me this is a major continuity issue. Add to that the difficulty and cost here to get the products, and its enough to make me think twice about continuing purchaisng the products, especially with the current agitation.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I haven't seen much improvement in my skin since using these products. I realized Catalyst has C in it and for some reason, that always breaks me out (anything with C in it does). Anyway, I like the cleansers, the Polish mask, and Refresh PM but the rest probably won't repurchase.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rosi. I don't blame you. It doesn't sound to me like the place you are buying from really knows what they are saying. When they told you that the scent had been changed in Stem Factor because men didn't like the smell??? JoElla is the main reason I have stuck with the line. She told me what to use, how often & how to progress with the products. If I hadn't had her guidance I don't think I would have seen the same results. The prices you are paying are outrageous IMO - to be given inaccurate information & possibly old stock is unacceptable.
I use a lot of natural products, so I have come to accept that there may be slight variations in the product - usually the colour or texture & sometimes the scent, but it has never been such that my skin reacted differently. Despite the inconsistencies, I have always had more luck with natural lines than not. I really wish you could have ordered from JoElla - you may not have even been given good advice. I was using the line for awhile & with no reaction before I started using Stem Factor & Catalyst. I'm wondering if you progressed too quickly??
Rosi wrote:
hi Time2Beme
The more i read yoiur posts, the more i think i have been given older stock. Its frustrating when the small sample bottle is the revised version. It does come out very quickly.
I have had to take a break as my skin was quite agitated over the weekend.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I haven't seen much improvement in my skin since using these products. I realized Catalyst has C in it and for some reason, that always breaks me out (anything with C in it does). Anyway, I like the cleansers, the Polish mask, and Refresh PM but the rest probably won't repurchase.

Sorry you haven't seen any improvement with the products. My skin is so much better since I started using the line. Catalyst is the only product I have been able to use that has Vit C. Any other Vit C serums made my skin red. I have started keeping my Catalyst in the fridge. It seems to keep it from going darker.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am exactly the same! Catalyst is the only product with C in it that doesnt break me out! I love it! In fact if I do get a zit or 2 I just put a drop right on the zit and it's sorted very quickly.

I love Stemfactor - it is my HG product! I purchased it in about February after reading reviews on here even though not many people had tried it, nor had they yet noticed much difference.

I'm not sure if this is a true statement, but perhaps Stemfactor is the type of product where the more damage you have, the more effective it is and therefore you will notice more of a difference...!? just a thought... Wink
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
You may have a point there Glamcat! I find that with a lot of products. If your skin isn't especially sensitive or damaged than you may not notice dramatic changes from the products.

My skin was dull, inflamed, dry with scaly patches before I started using Osmosis. It used to be red all the time. I am very fair skinned & have always blushed easily, but it had gotten to the point that I looked flushed more often than not. Once I started using Osmosis, my skin calmed and became so much healthier. I can't change my fair skin, but Osmosis has calmed my skin so much that I will wear red again! I had stopped wearing it because I felt my face was red enough without wearing it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Glamcat and Time, you may be right about Stem Factor. My skin is pretty good and I only use it for anti-aging, so any progress is not so visible.
Hence, I'm not at all sure that it is doing anything. I guess I should be glad my skin is relatively smooth, only problem is wrinkles and hyperpigmentation,. I ascribe improvement in the wrinkles to ISCO. No improvement in pigmentation issues from either Stem Factor or ISCO. Should probably ask JoElla what Osmosis product would help with that.
Anyway, I'm glad you ladies are getting on well with Stem Factor.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:43 am      Reply with quote
hehehe... I'm glad you both agree on that statement - I thought I may be a bit off with that one! lol Laughing

As I've mentioned in another thread or 2 my skin got really damaged from laser genesis that was done on me at 2 week intervals - which way over-stimulated and upset it - I went from having previously flawless skin to breaking out entirely in acne, I got seriously burned as well, I was left with damaged, aged looking skin, big open pores, scarring, indentations - the clinic told me I needed laser for what they said was rosacea but just ended up being a terrible sensitivity to chlorine in the tap water... I wished I'd discovered this sensitivity/allergy to chlorine sooner because the whole laser thing tipped my life upside down, destroyed any shred of self-esteem I had left. My case is currently with lawyers.

Anyhoo, the Stemfactor in my opinion had a lot of work to do on my face! lol which is why I think it makes such a dramatic difference for me. But I must confess the first 2 weeks of using it I suffered from the skincare "uglies" for the first time ever! lol My skin was exceptionally dry and tight - now I wish I'd had Repair at that stage Wink and it was really difficult to apply foundation - but then I remembered that Dr Ben says that dryness is a sign that the dermis is moving too fast for the epidemeris - so I cut back on how much I was using and the frequency and my skin calmed down, then I went back to using it twice a day and then all of a sudden I got some Wow-factor going on - my skin was smooth, pores less noticeable and believe it or not it looked dewy again! something I had not seen since b4 my face was destroyed by laser!

I think that for the average person it's a good preventative or maintenance product - I have recommended it to a lot of other people who have suffered from detrimental laser outcomes.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my new bottle of StemFactor in the new Osmosis packaging! I'm excited! Laughing I'm a big fan of the new packaging! It's totally amazing! No squirting all over the place and the amount being dispensed is really controllable.

Well StemFactor has come along way since the first batch! The texture is totally different! I will describe it as best as I can as I've only just applied it so I dont want to pump any more out: the first batch was quite watery - this one is similar in colour and consistency to Immerse without the oiliness of Immerse and the smell is similar to Immerse but softer - I love the new smell, a very light citrus smell - I was not a smell of that vanilla-fudgey smell - I dont like that smell in fragrances either as it usually gives me a migraine. The new StemFactor formula just sunk into my skin AMAZINGLY, somewhat similar to how a good HA serum does - so far I'm loving it!

I will report back with results as to any changes/benefits I notice in my skin - I've had a couple of weeks without any StemFactor as I ran out and my order was held up in the mail - so I've had a good break from it - I am a StemFactor junkie, so 2 weeks without it felt like an eternity! Laughing

But if you havent used StemFactor since the first or first few batches, you will be really surprised with how far this formulation has come! Wink
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm very excited to say I have just ordered the Stem Factor and the Replenish!
I have been wanting to try this product for quite a while, I am in Australia, so it was hard to find

I am dying to try it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
I have been wanting to try this product for quite a while, I am in Australia, so it was hard to find

I am dying to try it!!

Where did you purchase from?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bermie Very Happy I hope the products you receive are in the new packaging - otherwise you may be disappointed - there has been a lot of comment on this forum and various others about the old packaging because the products squirt everywhere and are hard to capture unless you cup your palm under them.

Also with new packaging you are guaranteed to get the latest formulations and I must say that I'm totally impressed with this current batch of StemFactor! Wink

Bermie2 wrote:

I am dying to try it!!
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Bermie2 wrote:

I am dying to try it!!

I have been checking ebay for ages, and just recently a seller listed with all the new Osmosis products, well most of the products. I will try to find the link for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Bermie2 wrote:

I am dying to try it!!

I have been checking ebay for ages, and just recently a seller listed with all the new Osmosis products, well most of the products. I will try to find the link for you.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Osmosis-Mend-Calm-Skin-Care-Serum-12-5ml-30ml-/260749093311?pt=US_Skin_Care&var=&hash=item826416090a#ht_736wt_1092

he has 100% feedback and its the new packaging, lots sold.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Glamcat wrote:
Hi Bermie Very Happy I hope the products you receive are in the new packaging - otherwise you may be disappointed - there has been a lot of comment on this forum and various others about the old packaging because the products squirt everywhere and are hard to capture unless you cup your palm under them.

Also with new packaging you are guaranteed to get the latest formulations and I must say that I'm totally impressed with this current batch of StemFactor! Wink

Bermie2 wrote:

I am dying to try it!!

yes I have been following this thread closely! I'm pretty sure its the new batch?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Bermie2 wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Bermie2 wrote:

I am dying to try it!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Osmosis-Mend-Calm-Skin-Care-Serum-12-5ml-30ml-/260749093311?pt=US_Skin_Care&var=&hash=item826416090a#ht_736wt_1092

he has 100% feedback and its the new packaging, lots sold.

Thanks Bermie! Prices and postage are great - good find!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |