Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tweens & Pimples? Anyone heard of Bellaboo ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I have a 12yrs old daughter who is starting to get pimples. They are only small pimples and not cystic acne. I'm having a hard time finding products for her skin. I like to stick to the more natural products, but most of the lines of that nature are also geared towards anti-aging. These products are usually too rich for her skin.

While researching online, I came across the line Bellaboo. http://www.bellaboobabe.com/shop-usa

It sounds good, but doesn't appear to be sold locally. I live in Canada. while I can order it online fromwww.drugstore.com, I hate to order something in blindly.

Does anyone have any skincare lines worthy of looking into ... or has anyone heard anything about the Bellaboo line?

TIA Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Can you get Zia Naturals in Canada? I had my son use their line as a teen and it helped (meds + just unlucky one of 4 got horrid acne) a great deal.
I have heard of the Bellaboo a great marketing ploy INMHO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Dark Moon.

Thanks for your reply. I haven't been able to find Zia Natural on a Candian online site. When I checked the 'where to buy' section on their site, it was by zip code only ... I'm assuming by that that it is not sold in Canada.

I had the similar concerns about the Bellaboo being a marketing ploy, but liked the sound of it being natural. I don't want to use the really harsh cleansers on her skin. Her skin is beautiful, but she has the oilier t-zone. She is getting small pimples on her nose that bother her tremendously.

If there is a reasonably priced line from EDS, I'd be open to trying that as well. It is a little frustrating. I've been searching for days and not getting anywhere Sad

Vichy Normaderm cleanser and toner were recommended by a cosmetician at Shoppers Drug Mart. She said it was a popular line at the store. I came home with both products, but have since read some negative reviews on them.

I have a feeling that my research will continue Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Time2Bme,

Sorry it's hard for you all in Canada! The belaboo might just be worth a shot, and I think the geared to girls that age packaging might make her want to use it? I know if either of my daughters had breakouts I would have bought what they were willing to use! I also agree natural is best. Good luck! If any other lines pop to mind I will let you know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have much problem with acne anymore, but I always keep a tube of Dr Renaud anti-blemish gel. I have tried alot of acne creams/gels over the years but none have been as gentle or worked as well as this gel. It doesn't dry out my skin at all and if I put it on as soon as I see a red bump starting then I already see a difference the next morning. Not a miracle gel, but works really well. You can buy it here at EDS.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/laboratoire-dr-renaud-int-p_1601.htm
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Can you get Zia Naturals in Canada? I had my son use their line as a teen and it helped (meds + just unlucky one of 4 got horrid acne) a great deal.
I have heard of the Bellaboo a great marketing ploy INMHO.

I'm pretty sure I've used Zia products a few years ago..but the store I used to get it from they closed. the health food store near me sells some of the line.

I've tried Dermamed stuff, some health food stores sell that line and so does their website dermamed.com-they are in Canada.
only thing I hate is the blemish gel smells a lot like tea tree oil.

-Pevonia is supposed to be natural and they have a blemish line.
have not tried it but did try one of their face serums for anti aging or something.

if you want a site that has all natural skincare and a 60 day return policy for any reason try Skin Botanica.com
I buy stuff there all the time (like body lotions and soaps).
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Diana P: I really like the look of the Dr. Renaud product you suggested. I'm going to give it a try.

OttawaShopper: Thanks for mentioning the Health Food Stores. I'll keep an eye out there when I'm shopping. I tried the Dermamed and felt the same way about the product as you did. You may as well just put straight tea tree oil on the blemish. I've used a tube of Nelson's Acne Gel and it works okay for me, but doesn't do much for my daughter. The Nelson products have also been harder to find recently.

Thanks again to all of you for your suggestions. After spending another 2 hours on the computer last night, I've decided to give the PSF Oily/Combination products a try. I've tried other PSF products and liked them, so I thought it would be a safer option. I'm going to return the Vichy products I bought to Shoppers Drug Mart. One of the first ingredients on the cleanser is SLS. I don't even use SLS on my hair now, I'm not using it on her skin. Lesson learned - cute cosmetician or not ... read the ingredients !!!

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, i'm the founder and creator of Bellaboo and wanted to respond to the comments. Bellaboo is 99.5% natural ingredient-based - no marketing gimmicks just a passion to create the purest and most effective skin care for young skin. I'm a mom and my creating Bellaboo came about because I could not find anything natural for my own young daughter. As a mom I wanted to create skin care that would encourage girls to get into a routine from a young age and that would help deal with skin issues they have (namely pimples) but without taking a harsh approach and damaging skin the process. So, Bellaboo is all about bringing skin back to a healthy balance. We also created a safe haven for them at our website bellaboobabe, where they can hang out and catch up on all the stuff they love but with a lot of content that is about helping them navigate those tween/teen years and encourage them toward positive self esteem. you can find us in the US on drugstore and sears and in Canada you can go to abundancenaturally online to find stockists. I am passionate about my brand and hope you guys try it and report back!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
No offense intended Bella, The adorable packaging is smart marketing and that may have been a better way to express my post. I have 4 adult kids 2 and 2 and if either daughter hadn't inherited mom's insanely normal skin it might have been a great product line to introduce them into skin care. I don't know if you cater to normal or dry skin, but I believe your line came out after my girls were past the tween/young teen stage. Smile

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Seriously no offence taken! And I'm glad you asked the question about if it's good for normal or dry skin. The whole range is based on a unique ingredient sea buckthorn berry oil - which actually works as a hormonal balancer so whatever is going on with your skin (pimples, dryness, combination) it works to bring it back to balance. Oh, and yes, the packaging is def aimed at that young girl as that was the market we were going for given it was so under-catered but I'm 45 and use it and love it. Monique Coleman who is in her late 20s is another fan as are girls of all ages who have tried it and realise that it works! So, we say if you are beyond tweens/teens and can get past the young packaging it is worth trying....and love to hear what you think if you do check it out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bellaboo

Thanks very much for responding. I apologize for being suspicious of the line. Unfortunately there are so many products out there geared towards young girls that are only concerned about hip packaging and not about the actual product.

I've looked atwww.abundancehealth.com (Abundance Naturals) and found Bellaboo. I always get very excited when I find a Canadian based site to order products from !!

I looked at the starter's kit, but wanted some clarification on the other products.
EZ Blitz - is this a spot treatment for pimples?
Clear Skin Smoothie Face -
Berry Nice Face Fix -
Sweet Sin Chocolate Face Mask -

Can you explain what these products are for. I know my daughter needs a cleanser, exfoliator, moisturizer and spot treatment. I would like to buy her a mask as well, but wasn't sure which one to get. Some info for you to help make a recommendation ...

My daughter's skin is beautiful, but she is getting pimples around her nose. They aren't bad ones; most don't last for more than a day or two, but she is definitely getting oilier in her t-zone. Her skin is only oily in her t-zone; her cheeks are normal. She doesn't suffer from dry skin. I want to get her onto a good line before the hormones really take hold. She is almost 12yrs old. She hasn't had started menstruating yet, but I suspect it will be coming soon. The hormones are certainly active if her moods are any indication !!!

Thanks very much !!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme,

That was very nice of Bellaboo to come on and respond! Smile

I noticed on the drugstore.com site there are ingredient lists, more info, and instructions for use. That may help you decide what's best to buy at the Canadian site?

Hopefully she will pop back in and give you personal advice. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Dark Moon; I'll check out drugstore.com.

I know with new members your number of posts are really limited; she may have hit her limit!

I plan on ordering some products; I'll post back with a review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:

I know with new members your number of posts are really limited; she may have hit her limit!

The limits are a pia but people abuse posting just for the discount so they had to do something!

Good luck finding a good combo for your daughter. Smile Let us know how it all works out. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:52 am      Reply with quote
When I posted my questions for products, I also sent Bellaboo a PM. She confirmed that she had maxed out her posts and hoped to post again today. She did suggest using the Sweet Sin Chocolate Mask and that the EZ Blitz is a great spot treatment; I'll let her post, but wanted to let everyone know that she had responded. I must say I am impressed with what I've seen about the products so far and of Bellaboo's obvious passion and belief in her products.

Part of this skincare for my daughter journey has been teaching her to be responsible for her own skin and understanding the importance of being diligent with a routine. One of the things that I do like about this line is that it is geared towards tweens/teens, but not at the expense of the quality of the product. She is at an age where she really likes to have things that are just her own.

Many of the products that are geared towards this age group are so full of chemicals that I wouldn't use it to clean my house let alone allow her to use it on her skin. Money is obviously spent on the packaging and advertising than on the product itself. Okay .. rant over; I'll get off my soapbox now !!

I will be ordering the products that Bellaboo suggested and will post back with a review. I did find a review on You Tube and have also attached the company link.

Company site:
http://www.bellaboobabe.com/
Independent Review from You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCv8_5qBQ0s

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Time2Bme wrote:

The limits are a pia but people abuse posting just for the discount so they had to do something!

Good luck finding a good combo for your daughter. Smile Let us know how it all works out. Smile

Dark Moon ... I completely understand the need to limit the posts. EDS is quite unique in that they offer a discount to their posters. I really appreciate that benefit and appreciate their attempts to limit the junk posting. I wish other sites would follow their example.

Thanks again .... You've been very welcoming. I appreciate your responses Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme,

Thanks, You make me blush! You are a total sweetie! Smile

That was so nice of her to pm you and help out, excellent customer service! You can tell she has a passion for her line and, and her consumers. I really like that in a business person! Smile

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
in response to questions about Bellaboo. It is 3 Step Skin Care system designed for that girl starting her skin care journey, that teen going through puberty and all that brings in terms of skin issues and that girl entering her 20s who is after an effective skin care line but not yet ready for anti-aging products. We have girls as young as 8 and women as old as 45 using and loving BB. Reason is our key ingredient - sea buckthorn berry oil - which amongst, other things, acts as a hormone balancer so not matter what your skin is going through BB works to normalise and bring it back to healthy balance.The 3 Steps are All That Clean Skin Facial Wash, Buff Skin Facial Exfoliator & Gorgeous Skin Moisture Dew. For girls with pimples there's our anti-pimple serum - E Z blitz and then we have our 3 treatment masks. Sweet Sin Choc to purify and hydrate (combination skin), Berry Nice rich in antioxidants and great to revive tired or stressed skin, and Clear Skin Smoothie for oily and acne skin. hope that helps

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bellaboo for your response. I have ordered the Starter's Kit, EZ Blitz and the Sweet Sin Chocolate Mask. I ordered it fromwww.abundancehealth.com. They are a Canadian company based out of Mississauga, Ontario (near Toronto), so they should get here much quicker than they would fromwww.drugstore.com. While the service is great from drugstore.com, they are still shipping from the U.S. and that adds 'at least' an extra week before it arrives. The shipping from AbundanceHealth is also cheaper.

I'll review the products when they arrive.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Wow!! That's really great. I came across so many products in this post. I'm also the sufferer of acne on my forehead and cheeks and presently I'm using Himani Boroplus Anti-Acne cream which is an herbal product. It contains clove oil, camphor, Tea tree oil, nutmeg oil etc. which are very effective for acne. Any acne sufferer can also try this product.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I had to post about how impressed I am with Abundance Naturally. Here is the link to their site: http://www.abundancehealth.com.

I was a little concerned that I hadn't received my Bellaboo products, because I had paid to have them shipped Priority Post and still hadn't received them. Normally, I don't stress about such things, but I had never purchased anything from this company before and was hoping they were legit. I sent an email to the company to inquire. I received a response the very next morning. They apologized for the error; they had sent the package expedited post, rather than priority. Erin from Abundance Naturally, had already called Canada Post and learned that I should still receive the package today. She refunded the entire cost of the shipping and asked me to call and provide her my credit card number.

When I called, she asked how I had learned about the products. She couldn't say enough about the line. She has an 11yrs old daughter who is using the line and they will often use the masks together. She said the EZ Blitz (spot treatment) works amazingly well. Your skin is left bright and soft. If she puts it on her daughter's pimple, it is usually gone by the next morning. She also spoke very highly of Szezna (owner / creator of Bellaboo). Erin, said that they (Abundance Naturally) stand behind all their products and wouldn't sell it if they wouldn't use it themselves. She said that she has never found anything comparable with Bellaboo for that age group. She also raved about the owners of Bellaboo; she said she is a great lady who is very passionate about the line and stands behind her products 100%.

Once I receive the products, I'll start a new thread for a review.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I have posted a review ... Here is the link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40142

Bellaboo is a hit with our family. My daughter's skin looks fantastic - so much so that Daddy even noticed. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
I have posted a review ... Here is the link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40142

Bellaboo is a hit with our family. My daughter's skin looks fantastic - so much so that Daddy even noticed. Laughing

That's so great to hear Time2Beme, I know those years are hard enough on girls as is, finding a product that's working and she's using is fantastic!!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Exactly !! She was getting a little obsessive about it especially after some of the nastier kids at her school started pointing out every 'zit' on her face.

I wish there had been something like this when I was that age. We were left to use 'clearasil' and the stronger stuff that fried my skin, so that I had zits and burned, sore skin. Crying or Very sad

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there Very Happy
I am a teen and I have various signs of acne...
I kind of started getting it around the age of 10/11, but I don't have as much now as I did back then...

Because your daughter is young and probably has sensitive skin, I recommend not using harsh scrubs and cleaners, use the gentle ones...

When I started getting acne I used the Neutrogena Products. I still am using them today, and they work great!

Neutrogena products contain Salicylic Acid in it, which is great for treating acne, and various pimples.

If your daughter only has a few pimples, maybe buy Benzoyl Peroxide, and apply it daily on her spots. Benzoyl Peroxide bleached some of my pajamas though and my clothes,and not to forget my pillows! So what I did was get a white cloth and I put it over my pillow, so it doesn't bleach anymore, when I go to sleep with Benzoyl on =]

Benzoyl will also dry out your skin, and so might some cleansers so MOISTURIZE MOISTURIZE MOISTURIZE! Don't forget SPF Very Happy

At school I had this mean girl in my class who would as well point out all of my pimples. I just told her to stop, and that everyone will get some now and then. If your daughter wishes to conceal some of the pimples, Neutrogena offers Concealers with Salicylic Acid already in it!

Neutrogena is offered in Canada too =]

xxx Elisa

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |