Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Magnesium gel makes my hair very shiny and oh so soft
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I tried putting magnesium gel in my hair after I washed it. NOTE: I wanted to use it with shampoo but forgot to add the magnesium gel to my shampoo. I also tried blowing my hair to use it as a styler, but it made my hair greasy and wouldn't dry. After 15 minutes of blowdrying, I decided to wash it off. Then I blowdried. Wow, my hair looks so shiny, and it's very soft.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
great tip..where does one buy magnesium gel? I've also heard that rosemary makes dark hair shiny. I tried to boil some in water and rinse my hair..but it didn't work all that great. I saw a bottle of
rosemary oil at target and was wondering if that would work.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
the cheapest i could find is health and wisdom web site. I just googled magnesium gel. This one has seaweed extract added. I don't know if that helps or not.
Skinisin1
5% products discount

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I don't know why magnesium sounds dangerous to me LOL. What do you think about its use on ethnic hair?
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
hi skinisin1, what is ethnic hair? I have asian hair. Does that count as ethnic hair? It works great for me.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
hi skinisin1, what is ethnic hair? I have asian hair. Does that count as ethnic hair? It works great for me.

As a trained (non-practicing) stylist this always amazes me, many Caucasians I have known have very kinky hair, and many African Americans have rather smooth and silky hair! We also have so many mixed ethnicity's in the world these days how do you define hair as ethnic? I was trained on a mannequin head with real human hair that happened to be Oriental if you know how to work with hair you would be amazed what you can do. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry maybe I should have said kinky, curly hair that is not straight.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this Natalyn,

i know women who use mag. oil on their hair and love it...i was just wondering this morning if i should try it..i use it on my body and sometimes go thru periods of using it on my face(and then periods of 'resting' from it)...

i have the Ancient Minerals mag oil (i know it's a bit dif in texture than the mag gel..but the same base substance) which is from a dif source than the mag products from the Health and Wisdom site (which come from the Dead Sea)..and mine is more intense...and saltier..so i'd prob need to dilute it.

did you dilute the mag gel you used...

i think i'm going to email the Ancient Mineral site tomorrow and ask them how they suggest applying their product to hair.

now that my skin is the way i want it to look..i'm really going to be putting much more focus on my hair.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jasminerosey, I use the mag gel straight off the bottle. The direction is to put one part of mag gel and 1 part of shampoo when shampooing, but i forgot to do this, so i tried to use it straight as a styling product, but i couldn't get it to dry after 15 mins of trying, so I just washed it off, dried my hair, and it made my hair very soft and shiny.

jasminerosey wrote:
Thanks for posting this Natalyn,

i know women who use mag. oil on their hair and love it...i was just wondering this morning if i should try it..i use it on my body and sometimes go thru periods of using it on my face(and then periods of 'resting' from it)...

i have the Ancient Minerals mag oil (i know it's a bit dif in texture than the mag gel..but the same base substance) which is from a dif source than the mag products from the Health and Wisdom site (which come from the Dead Sea)..and mine is more intense...and saltier..so i'd prob need to dilute it.

did you dilute the mag gel you used...

i think i'm going to email the Ancient Mineral site tomorrow and ask them how they suggest applying their product to hair.

now that my skin is the way i want it to look..i'm really going to be putting much more focus on my hair.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Skinisin1 wrote:
I am sorry maybe I should have said kinky, curly hair that is not straight.

No intent to offend! I doubt it will give you straight hair, but it is highly conditioning and would aid with control and frizz! Smile

5% products discount

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Dark you didn't offend me at all. I may give this a try. Anything for stronger, healthier hair!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:18 am      Reply with quote
OK..so i experimented w/the Ancient Minerals mag oil on my dry hair this morning...on the right side i mixed it half and hald w/water and lightly 'fluffed' it into my hair..on the left side i used it undiluted.

the right side was great..my hair seems more 'styled' and a bit more shiny (i am wearing it long and lightly waved today)..on the left side, the undiluted side, it is def too heavy and sticky and kind of 'wettish'..

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Jasminerosey, do you use mag oil undiluted on your face?

I tried mag gel undiluted on my face, and my skin felt slightly burned and reddened up. The next day, it started to peel. Powerful stuff! It's stronger than retin-a which doesn't peel my skin.

Still loving mag gel in my hair. My hair is so manageable now. I haven't had a bad hair day since I put the magnesium gel in it each time I shampoo. It is my secret weapon now. LOL
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I def use it diluted on my face.

Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
I def use it diluted on my face.

Ahh...that's where I went wrong. I'll add a few drops of water next time I try again.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:48 am      Reply with quote
depending on the source of the mag oil (this is the oil not the gel as i've never tried the gel) i use at least 1/2 water....but the Ancient Minerals mag oil that i like to use on my hair and for healing wound and exceptinal absorption of magnesium thru the skin of my body(diluted in 1/2)... i don't even use on my face at all cause i haven't found a dilution that doesn't ittitate it..

.but the mag oil from health and wisdom is from the dead sea i believe ..and although i've never specifically used that product i use another mag oil from the dead sea and am usually fine w a 1/2 dilution.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:55 am      Reply with quote
i never had such an extreme reaction on my face w/even using the ancient mIneals mag oil w/o any water though as you did (although my face was def irritated....i had no peeling)

i'm thinking maybe yu should dilute it more than 1/2 at first...like maybe all water and just a few drops of the mag oil..and very very gredually increase to the amount that works the best for your face.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |