Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recommendations for hypopigmentation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
krystile
5% products discount

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I am after some advice as to how to treat what I believe is hypopigmentation on my forehead!

There are about 4 white patches, about 1cm in diameter across my forehead and it has only recently appeared....not sure if it was products that I was using or sun damage. I'm currently using the PCA range, including the pHaze 13 Pigment Gel without hydroquinone (spot application only on freckles on my cheeks) in conjunction with pHaze 23 A&C Synergy Serum and the Skin Brightening Therapy with TrueTone. However, the spots only appeared after a snowboarding trip, which made think sun damage may be the cause instead!

I have had a look on the forum and online, however there does not appear to be anything that can help apart from letting it heal itself over time Sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
krystile wrote:
However, the spots only appeared after a snowboarding trip, which made think sun damage may be the cause instead!

I have had a look on the forum and online, however there does not appear to be anything that can help apart from letting it heal itself over time Sad

Not sure if this is what you have or not, but after hearing you developed them after being in the sun I remembered reading something about sun and white spots. Have a read. It may help you? Good luck!

http://www.dailyglow.com/personal-care-tips/do-you-have-this-common-skin-condition.html
krystile
5% products discount

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl!

had a look and most of the symptoms seem to match, apart from the itchiness and the location ... it seems that is is uncommon to have it on the face, however it is not impossible.

Will have a go using a topical cream to treat and see how it goes. hopefully it works!!!
jn1234
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of VivierSkin™ SEEQUIN™ IDS™ 4* from EDS. It works very well to lightening the hypopigmentation.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm confused and I hope someone can explain this to me.
I also have these small white patches on my face and my freckles, and I think they are brown spots.
At one point, I had brown or a tan look on my upper lip up to the bottom of my nose. I used Skinceuticals brand and it was a green serum that promised to help lighten your skin. It took a long time, but it did work.
When I read the work "hypopigmentation", I thought they are brown spots, am I right?
As for the white patches, I don't know what to make of it and is it also called hypopigmentation?

jn1234, I have no doubt that Vivier has excellent skin lightener.
Gold_Yellow
5% products discount

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
krystile,
If the hypopigmentation is tinea versicolor, It doesnt heal itself, more over if it is not treated, it will spread all over your body.

You can use Selsun Blue to treat it, but since we are not sure what your condition is, I think you should go to a dermatologist to get it checked.

It could be a vitamin deficiency too

Cheers
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
krystile wrote:
However, the spots only appeared after a snowboarding trip, which made think sun damage may be the cause instead!

Not sure if this is what you have or not, but after hearing you developed them after being in the sun I remembered reading something about sun and white spots. Have a read. It may help you? Good luck!

http://www.dailyglow.com/personal-care-tips/do-you-have-this-common-skin-condition.html

I just read the article and I don't think I have that. Mine does not flake off.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I also have these small white patches on my face and my freckles, and I think they are brown spots.
At one point, I had brown or a tan look on my upper lip up to the bottom of my nose. I used Skinceuticals brand and it was a green serum that promised to help lighten your skin. It took a long time, but it did work.
When I read the work "hypopigmentation", I thought they are brown spots, am I right?
As for the white patches, I don't know what to make of it and is it also called hypopigmentation?

The brown spots are hypERpigmentation (excess melanin). The opposite of that is hyOpigmentation.

I have used that green stuff you referred to. I can't remember what it was called but it had kojic acid in it which is a hydroquinone alternative. Hydroquinone is for hypERpigmentation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Skincare wrote:

The brown spots are hypERpigmentation (excess melanin). The opposite of that is hyOpigmentation.

I have used that green stuff you referred to. I can't remember what it was called but it had kojic acid in it which is a hydroquinone alternative. Hydroquinone is for hypERpigmentation.

Thank you for explaining the difference. I didn't understand that and was not sure I could help with krystile skin problem.
krystile
5% products discount

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Skincare: do you have both white and brown spots on your face? The brown spots are likely to be either freckles or hyperpigmentation. Freckles are much harder to get rid off as they are part of your skin's genetic makeup. you can treat it with skin lightening serums which will lighten it, but will generally not remove the spots altogether.

Hyperpigmentation however is caused by excessive melanin which can disappear if treated properly.
krystile
5% products discount

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Gold_Yellow wrote:
krystile,
If the hypopigmentation is tinea versicolor, It doesnt heal itself, more over if it is not treated, it will spread all over your body.

You can use Selsun Blue to treat it, but since we are not sure what your condition is, I think you should go to a dermatologist to get it checked.

It could be a vitamin deficiency too

Cheers

I'm not sure that it is tinea versicolor. However the pharmacist mentioned that it does look like some kind of mild infection and that using a topical antibacterial/fungal cream to see if it treats the patches would not hurt. It hasnt really spread (been about 3.5 mths), however the lightening of the skin was becoming more prominent at certain times, i.e. whenever the temperature heats up.

I am glad to say however, that the topical cream seems to be working. I'm not expecting miracles overnight however, I have noticed that the whiteness is no longer as prominent and the smallest of the 4 patches seems to have shrunk a little. Will persist with this for the next 1.5 weeks before decided to visit a dermatologist if no improvement occurs!

Fingers crossed!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
krystile, I plan to use Vivier next time to deal with freckles and any possibility of melanin. As for hyporpigmentation, I don't know what I should use and I guess I have to deal with each problem one at a time.

I've read that when using a serum or whatever skin care products, you have to give it three months to start noticing a difference.
krystile
5% products discount

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Would be interested to know the outcome of the vivier on the freckles. at the moment, i'm using a combination of PCA Skin Phaze 13 pigment gel and Skin Brightening Therapy to treat my freckles!

As for the hypopigmentation, it really depends on what caused it. For mine, the reason i believe that it may be some sort of skin irritation/infection is due to the fact that it only appeared after i had prolonged exposure at the snow, whilst wearing a beanie that prob got pretty damp and humid by the end of the day! ( Laughing gross... i know!) i'm currently using a topical anti-fungal cream which was not advised for prolonged usage ... i was told that it may take some time for the white patches to revert back to its original colour, but by treating the infection, it kills the fungus and reduces the obviousness of the patches!
krystile
5% products discount

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
thought I'd post a short update on the hypopigmentation situation.

Glad to report that the anti fungal cream seems to have treated the problem. Used it twice a day (morning and night) for approximately 4 weeks and the spots have now darkened considerably. The two smallest spots have also shrunk considerably Laughing

On the downside though, using the cream seems to have dried out my skin and blocked the pores as i was getting uneven bumps across the forehead. But having stopped using the cream for about 2 weeks now, the skin is getting back to normal, with the hypopigmentation also slowly fading away!

Hopefully it will be barely noticeable in 2 months time!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |