Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Overdone Retin-A 0.01..A Tad Red And Flaky, CO2 Laser Soon
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm at a clinic to get CO2 laser, rhinoplasty and chin augmentation in the morning.

The last few months were very stressful, so I recently broke out on my cheeks; my skin was the worst it's been for years! I read that laser isn't a good idea with active acne so I used Retin-A the week before to help it clear.

Unfortunately I went a bit overboard with Retin-A 0.1%..I was red and flaky and my neck is a little itchy. Today it's calming, but I'm still dry and pink.

I managed to find Nivea Baby Nutri-Sensitive SOS Cream, with Zinc Oxide, Shea Butter and Omega 6, which I've been slathering on all day.

Do you think it's best for me to postpone the CO2 for a week?

Edit: I was blase last time but I'm very nervous as my throat gets irritated by the anaesthetic tubes (obviously nose-breathing isn't an option). I woke up after a lower bleph (last year) with bandages over my eyes and unable to breathe, so went a little crazy!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Lou,

I haven't had cosmetic procedures done Shock, but I am sticking my neck out a little here. I think you need to be as relaxed as possible when undergoing any medical procedure (elective of course). My gut instinct is to say follow your gut instincts and if this has you a nervous wreck and petrified maybe postponing until you feel more comfortable is your best option. Best of luck whatever you decide! Keep us posted please?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ljk

"Dry and pink" really doesn't sound good for an intensive procedure like CO2. IMO use of retin a should be stopped 1-2 weeks before any laser treatment.

Perhaps you can get your doc to assess your skin first?

Good luck! Smile
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've spoken to a doctor and she's given me Stillnox, so, sweet dreams tonight I hope!

No way do I want to risk worse skin..we'll see what the surgeon says at silly o'clock. As I'm in a foreign place (Prague) on my own I'm probably obsessing about my breathing problems post-op.

Thanks for the fast (and kind) replies! It was worse when I didn't have my netbook here last year. I clung onto my mobile phone the whole time Laughing

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to ask if there is a different anesthetic they can give you. Some of them cause more paranoia when you wake up than others. I had a bad experience with one type and the next surgery I had they gave me something different and it was better.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, LJK. Keep us posted how you do!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Dream Sweet! Best of luck with everything! My oldest daughter has a friend who went to med school in Prague and they are excellent there so talk with your docs!
Keep us posted once you can. HUGS Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Hello Lou,

Just want you to know we are thinking of you and hope to here from you soon. Feel good and if you went for the procedures heal fast and well! Smile

5% products discount

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
good to know
sue09
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I hope that if you have the procedures, they all go well. I'm sure your doctor will know what to do for the best. Think
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you again! I got back this morning; in this clinic you spend a night in intensive care post-op, then back to your room. I could breathe ok, my eyes are slits, but that's OK.

Just as I was nodding off, they wheeled in the noisiest man in the world. Who proceeded to cough, groan, watch TV, then snore all night.

The CO2 didn't happen as the surgeon said the surgical strips for my chin and nose would get in the way..so hoping to do it before I leave in 7 days. I'll be all irradiated on the plane Confused I'm just glad it's over with!

This is my second bout of surgery, think that's me for a lifetime. It can be pretty rough for an insomniac! Even the doctor looking after me said he wanted rhinoplasty but wasn't keen on having one airway blocked (just as well he told me after the op!),

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I was told to stop my retinal products 2 weeks before my CO2 laser, along with a list of vitamins and asperins.
It is pretty harsh and my recovery was rough enough with the oozing and crusting without my skin having been irritated beforehand.
I had locals for pain, about 5 or more. I can't remember as I was already loopy from the ones with the upper and lower bleph at the same time.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |