Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fave lip gloss
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sunnylee
5% products discount

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Mine right now is Pink Seashell, Leslie Tyler
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Bare Escentuals Lip Gloss, "nude" - and it's my favorite right now. Got Shea butter and jojoba oil, shine, but not to much. I don't like it when the lips get that "wet" look, I want it as natural as it can be. This lip gloss give me just that little extra focus to my lips.

Has anyone tried the PTR, "Lips to die for Pink Bombshell" Lip Balm?

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:
I'm using Bare Escentuals Lip Gloss, "nude" - and it's my favorite right now. Got Shea butter and jojoba oil, shine, but not to much. I don't like it when the lips get that "wet" look, I want it as natural as it can be. This lip gloss give me just that little extra focus to my lips.

Hi Vanilj,

It's not all that natural, not sure you would like the ingredients? Smile

PETROLATUM, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, LANOLIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, FLAVOR, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, MENTHONE GLYCERIN ACETAL, ALLANTOIN, MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:19 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Vanilj wrote:

Hi Vanilj,

It's not all that natural, not sure you would like the ingredients? Smile

PETROLATUM, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, LANOLIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, FLAVOR, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, MENTHONE GLYCERIN ACETAL, ALLANTOIN, MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Ohh..sorry, my bad translation - I meant that it looks natural on my lips - not so much colour, not that it is natural.. Laughing

I'm not so familiar with ingredients, sorry to say..are there anything in this list that are a big no-no?

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:26 am      Reply with quote
No don't be sorry I thought you would not care for the first ingredient, PETROLATUM. It's not on the natural/organic list for many. Think clarified and refined thick car oil! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:33 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
No don't be sorry I thought you would not care for the first ingredient, PETROLATUM. It's not on the natural/organic list for many. Think clarified and refined thick car oil! Smile

Noooo! Sad
I HAVE to be more observant and get more knowledge in what should look out for. I have to take this one out of my wish list then..
Dare I look at my Bare E. lip gloss ingredient list...or my fav eye cream from PTR..

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I haven't checked the eye cream, but you are quite safe with the BE lip gloss! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:45 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I haven't checked the eye cream, but you are quite safe with the BE lip gloss! Smile

Glad to hear that DM! I will continue with the BE gloss and forget the PTR. Smile
Thank you for checking that out.

Bugs me a lot, do I need a lexicon with me every time I need to purchase a new brand..food or cosmetics, cremes.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Glad to hear that DM! I will continue with the BE gloss and forget the PTR. Smile
Thank you for checking that out.

Bugs me a lot, do I need a lexicon with me every time I need to purchase a new brand..food or cosmetics, cremes.

No problem Vanilj, I just know you like things pure and natural! Smile It's sad as the other ingredients in the PTR lip gloss look quite nice!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I find myself applying a little bit of one of my face oils, or lip balm before I apply any of my glosses or lipsticks - or sometimes even one of my questionable lip balms! Just as a layer of protection. Mac's lipglasses have staying power, but I don't even want to check what's in them!

Last summer, just as it became dramatically hotter, I burned the inside of my lip and couldn't figure out how it happened. It just looked black and felt raw, and I was worried what it could be. I finally figured out that because the heat took me by surprise, I hadn't upped my water intake to compensate yet (& live in a top floor suite of a heritage house - HOT). While dehydrated, I ate a yummy hot pepper out of a jar. I've got a lot of pigment in my lips, but yeah black. Quite shocking. I had to wear a lot of lipstick to cover for over a month.
Since then I've babied them and been wondering what I can do do make them tougher and more resilient.

I bought a dr pepper lipsmacker a while ago because I'm amazed that my favorite from when we were 8 is still around & rated so highly by so many today! I guess I still like it, though I feel a bit silly pulling it out so hardly ever do.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Nirasha
5% products discount

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
anyone try just bitten lip stain and balm from revlon? Embarassed
Skinisin1
5% products discount

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I love all of Victoria's Secret lip glosses. They moisturize, smell good, and look good on the lips.
capi0034

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique, it is not to sticky and comes in great colors. They are also spf 15 Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |