Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
FIVE STEPS TO THE PERFECT SMOKEY EYE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think lots of us like to know how to do the smokey eye but don't know how to do it easily like in my case as well.

I saw this article and the steps seem simple enough to follow so I want to share.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/fallbeauty/5-steps-to-the-perfect-smoky-eye-2404219/#photoViewer=1

Quote:
Follow These Simple Tips
1. Use a medium-size round brush to apply charcoal gray powder in an arch shape just above the crease of the lid. Then blend down to the lash line.
2. Trace the upper lash line with a soft black pencil, then gently smudge with your fingertip.
3. With a smaller, firm-bristle brush, press a gunmetal shade into the lower lash line.
4. Apply a pale silver powder to the inner corners of the eyes to lighten the overall effect.
5. Pile on mascara.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, i like smokey eyes, but now i am useing obagi ,even on the upper lid, so i can not make up now.
Katrosier
5% products discount

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Those are good tips.

If you have trouble blending the crease color (the charcoal grey in this case)using a dome shaped fluffy brush take an eyeshadow that's slighltly darker than your skin tone and add it above the crease.

If you have deep hooded eyes or mature skin skip the dark color in the crease and just go with the skin tone shade shadow.

If your eyes are wide set, skip the inner corner highlight.

If your skin undertone is golden/yellow a black grey smokey eye looks harsh for day time, brown and purple smokey eye is a more flattering alternative. Smile
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
gunmetal shade - is that like dark grayish?

I wish they could given examples on colors more visual. Smile

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:
gunmetal shade - is that like dark grayish?

I wish they could given examples on colors more visual. Smile

Yes Vanilj, it's a very deep grey color. Smile Many are a shimmery color but some are matte.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Let's see if this works, it's google images. Smile

http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&q=picture%20of%20gunmetal%20grey%20eyeshadow

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thank you! You are very knowledgeable. Are you a makeup artist?

Katrosier wrote:
Those are good tips.

If you have trouble blending the crease color (the charcoal grey in this case)using a dome shaped fluffy brush take an eyeshadow that's slighltly darker than your skin tone and add it above the crease.

If you have deep hooded eyes or mature skin skip the dark color in the crease and just go with the skin tone shade shadow.

If your eyes are wide set, skip the inner corner highlight.

If your skin undertone is golden/yellow a black grey smokey eye looks harsh for day time, brown and purple smokey eye is a more flattering alternative. Smile
Katrosier
5% products discount

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

You're very welcome Natalyn.Yes I am a makeup artist. Please feel free to ask if you need help with makeup Smile
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Katrosier wrote:
Natalyn wrote:

You're very welcome Natalyn.Yes I am a makeup artist. Please feel free to ask if you need help with makeup Smile

Ohh...good to know. Smile
I have quite small eyes, almond shaped. Like Tia Carerres eyes, but smaller. If I try to do a full make-up for my eyes, I have a hard time not to make my eyes appear smaller than what they are. For a daytime make-up, and I don't want to look maked, just a easy (if there are an easy trick) to just give that extra to the eyes, make them Huge. Very Happy Wink

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
Katrosier
5% products discount

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj: One of the easiest ways to make your eyes look bigger is lightening your eyebrows. Having lighter eyebrows makes your lid space look bigger, and also allows you to have darker colors in the outer corner without the makeup looking harsh on your delicate features.
I would avoid using color on the inner lid, go with highlight colors that aren't too shimmery or light eg. Ivory or beige. I would also leave the inner 2/3rds of the crease bare. Concentrate your makeup on the outer corner and around your lash line. Don't be afraid of extending your eyeliner past your natural lash line. You don't have to do a wing, just prentend the lash line is 2 or 3 mm longer. When you apply makeup blend the colors up and out. You can also line your bottom lashline and smudge it out. Here's a good example of color placement:

If you want to use color, try pastels Smile You can also go the japanese route and use circle lenses if you're comfortable wearing contacts.

Hope that helps!
Katrosier
5% products discount

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to say: You can also use skintone liner on your lower waterline. Makeup forever make a nice aqua liner in a shade called champagne.

For the contacts, you can get ones that are more subtle from brazilian brand solotica. I like solotica, they're cheap, good quality and look more realistic. I can post pics if you're interested.

Offtopic: Anyone know why the reply window keeps scrolling up by itself when I get to the bottom of it? It's hard to type when you can't see what you're typing!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Katrosier wrote:
I forgot to say: You can also use skintone liner on your lower waterline. Makeup forever make a nice aqua liner in a shade called champagne.

For the contacts, you can get ones that are more subtle from brazilian brand solotica. I like solotica, they're cheap, good quality and look more realistic. I can post pics if you're interested.

Offtopic: Anyone know why the reply window keeps scrolling up by itself when I get to the bottom of it? It's hard to type when you can't see what you're typing!

If you are using IE, you need to go to Tools and then select "compatibility view." The jumping will stop.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Katrosier wrote:
Thanks!

You are welcome, it has happened to many! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
One thing i learned recently and have been using both when I do a smoky eye, or any look where I want the eye shadow to stay on a long time is to use MAC paint or MAC paint pots to put a primer layer down. It makes your look last MUCH longer!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 am      Reply with quote
OMG thanks for the tip on how to stop the screen from jumping, DM. It's so annoying. Katrosier, thanks for asking! I never thought to ask.
Katrosier
5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:48 am      Reply with quote
butterflyrainbow wrote:
One thing i learned recently and have been using both when I do a smoky eye, or any look where I want the eye shadow to stay on a long time is to use MAC paint or MAC paint pots to put a primer layer down. It makes your look last MUCH longer!

Primer helps with blending too. You can blend without losing all the color. I don't know how old you are, but for people who have lines and creases on their eyelids,the putty type primers work well at helping smooth the lids out.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |