Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Chemo patients-cap prevents hair loss
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I've never been through chemotherapy but have friends and family who have - and I know how devastating the associated hair loss is.

This is a special cap that is placed on the head during treatment to prevent hair loss. Read about it here:

http://www.newbeauty.com/dailybeauty/entry.aspx?id=3874

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
That article brought tears to my eyes. I would donate to a local "rental fund" in a heartbeat.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
That article brought tears to my eyes. I would donate to a local "rental fund" in a heartbeat.

I feel the same Frodo! I had hair just past mid thigh and when I decided to have it cut to shoulder length I donated it to an organization that made wigs for cancer sufferers.

This cap is such an awesome breakthrough, it's heartwarming!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Haven't posted in years, but I do a quick browse of the board every few months or so. This post caught my interest. I knew that when I had chemo, if this device had been worthwhile, I surely would have known about it. So, I asked my best friend about it; she is an oncology nurse. Here is what she said:

It was tried years ago (Gilda Radner tried it as I recall) and a look back at those women who used it had a higher relapse/mortality rate than those that didn't. Also, it didn't work that great and was uncomfortable.

The thought was that by not letting the chemo get to those areas that perhaps cancer cells were sheltered there.

I have had a few women ask about this when I was in infusion and when I present it like that, no one wants to do it. It might help the hair but it might also help the cancer.

So, just want everyone to use caution. Better to lose every hair and nail, which do grow back, than shelter those cancer cells. Best regards, everyone!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Good point Cedar.

A good friend of mine was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily her oncologist has recommended a lumpectomy and radiation. He assured her that this is not going to kill her; there is no need for chemo and she will not lose her hair.

When she first found out that she had cancer, her first reaction was, "I don't want to lose my hair." After finding out (after an MRI) that she had it in both breasts, not just the one like the mammogram showed, she went from not wanting to lose her hair to ... "Cut these things off of me. I want to live and don't care about my hair." I know that it is a different feeling once the hair starts to fall out, but I don't think anyone would risk the success of their treatment for hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
Haven't posted in years, but I do a quick browse of the board every few months or so. This post caught my interest. I knew that when I had chemo, if this device had been worthwhile, I surely would have known about it. So, I asked my best friend about it; she is an oncology nurse. Here is what she said:

It was tried years ago (Gilda Radner tried it as I recall) and a look back at those women who used it had a higher relapse/mortality rate than those that didn't. Also, it didn't work that great and was uncomfortable.

The thought was that by not letting the chemo get to those areas that perhaps cancer cells were sheltered there.

I have had a few women ask about this when I was in infusion and when I present it like that, no one wants to do it. It might help the hair but it might also help the cancer.

So, just want everyone to use caution. Better to lose every hair and nail, which do grow back, than shelter those cancer cells. Best regards, everyone!

Thanks for the heads up. I have no experience with the cancer issue other than what I read.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I have no experience with the cancer issue other than what I read.

Good for you, Frodo. Your balanced diet is very very important info! I will keep that in mind....and hand. Very Happy

Also, Time2BMe, you summed it up beautifully. We open up to possibilities and things come into perspective.

Best to everyone. Take care.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |