Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
I need help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Anad1915

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello, ladies!

I've been reading this forum for quite a while and I must say its overwhelming. I haven't quite developed a certain skin care routine because I've been experimenting with certain products. But now I'm done and want to stick to something.

I'm 22 years old and have combination skin - oily T zone but also dehydrated uper layer of the skin, normal and sometimes dry cheek area. A few months ago I stopped using my birth control pills and from then my skin is a mess. I also developed small bumps around chin area and pimples that really hurts and never come to surface. I couldn't helped myself and started to squeeze them and now I have a lot of blemishes as well. My skin has never been worse. So, what do u think about this routine?

AM
Bliss Steep Clean Mattifying Toner Pads
Cosmetic Skin Solutions C+E Ferulic
Avene Emulsion SPF 50+ or Bioderma Photoderm SPOT SPF 50+ Which one do you think is better?

PM
Dermalogica Precleanse
Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
Suki Concentrated Nourishing Toner
Cosmetic Skin Solutions C+E Ferulic
Clinque Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

Once a week I use Ren Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask (but I don't see any results) or Loccitane Ultra Comforting Masque is my skin needs more moisture. So, now I'm thinking to add Mario Badescu Acne Repair Kit and Mario Badescu Silver Powder.

I would appreciate any advice and sorry for my weird descriptions but English is not my first language.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I would stop using Bliss Steep Clean Mattifying Toner Pads. They are alcohol based and very likely causing your oily/dehydrated skin. Replace it with a simple gentle cleanser or toner.

Vitamin C serums only needs to be used 1x a day. And if you are breaking out stop using the C&E and use C only.

I'd start by making those 2 changes and see if your skin starts to normalize.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I would stop using Bliss Steep Clean Mattifying Toner Pads. They are alcohol based and very likely causing your oily/dehydrated skin. Replace it with a simple gentle cleanser or toner.

Vitamin C serums only needs to be used 1x a day. And if you are breaking out stop using the C&E and use C only.

I'd start by making those 2 changes and see if your skin starts to normalize.

I agree with GirlieGirl, Also when hormones are changed for many it takes time to regulate back to normal they can go wacky for a while! That's why it's recommended to wait at least 3 month (if I recall) before attempting to conceive.

DON'T SQUEEZE PLEASE! Smile

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
It's been four months already and it not getting any better. Thank you so much for the advise. I'll keep this in mind:)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Anad1915 wrote:
It's been four months already and it not getting any better. Thank you so much for the advise. I'll keep this in mind:)

It's very individual, depending also on how long you were on BC and the strength. I have friends who broke out like mad while pregnant some cleared up in a week or two others took six months or more. The pill does fake your body into a false state of pregnancy, you still ovulate but because of the changes from the hormones even a fertilized egg won't implant in the uterine wall (99% of the time).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anad
I wanted to mention this line to you ... Bellaboo. I have ordered it for my daughter to try. I'll post a review once we've received it and have had a chance to play with it.

What I like about what I've heard about the product line is that it is over 95% natural and it doesn't have all the anti-aging ingredients that many of the other quality lines have. It might be a line that you want to look into. Here is the link to the company: http://www.bellaboobabe.com/ It can be purchased in Canada from Abundance Naturals http://www.abundancehealth.com./ orwww.drugstore.com.

I hope to be able to review the line by the end of the week. What I have found frustrating in my search for products for my daughter is that they are meant for older women or they are full of drying chemicals. I spoke to the owner of Abundance Naturals. Her daughter is using the line and she uses it herself. It isn't only for teenagers. Anyone can use it.

Just a thought ... Keep an eye out for my review. I'll start a new thread when we do it.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Anad1915 wrote:

It's very individual, depending also on how long you were on BC and the strength. I have friends who broke out like mad while pregnant some cleared up in a week or two others took six months or more. The pill does fake your body into a false state of pregnancy, you still ovulate but because of the changes from the hormones even a fertilized egg won't implant in the uterine wall (99% of the time).

Hi DarkMoon - actually you should NOT ovulate while on the pill. That's supposed to be how it works - tho' nothing is foolproof! Smile

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
Anad1915

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I'll check your review, but I don't think I would be able to order anyway. I'm from Europe.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
bellableu wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Hi DarkMoon - actually you should NOT ovulate while on the pill. That's supposed to be how it works - tho' nothing is foolproof! Smile

OK Since it was only 10 months back in 1972 that I took the pill (hated the way I felt)! I will retract that part of my post! I do know that the older pills that I took were explained that way both by my OBGYN and the literature included with the pills. The pill has change drastically in all those years and thankfully I have no need to use them! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Anad1915 wrote:
I'll check your review, but I don't think I would be able to order anyway. I'm from Europe.

Hi Anad,
I haven't put in a review of Bellaboo yet. We should receive our order this week and I want to see how it works before I post a review. I wanted to post the Bellaboo sites in case you were interested in checking it out for yourself. If you are interested, I know thatwww.drugstore.com ships to 50 different countries. You would have to check the site to see how much the shipping would be. It is an Australian product.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |