Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
I've been Minxed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sue09
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Well, two weeks ago I was working away and had some free time. I had read about Minx nails and found a salon that did them. I went for a 60's floral design for both my toes and hands and they are amazing!

Both my hands and toes still look great and there are 100's of designs to choose from.
Everyone notices them and the great thing is that you can buy sets of the transfers online. You just heat them with a hairdryer, fix them to nail and trim with small nail scissors if need be. The ends are then filed with a glass nail file......job done!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Are these just the nail tatoo things?

or is this a thing where you have to put your nails under a light to make the base coat first?

I never get my nails did thesedays-but have heard of Minx brand.

sounds like fun, how do you remove these after!
sue09
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:35 am      Reply with quote
These come on a sheet of transfers/stickers. I have used the stick on ones befor and they peel off after a few days, but these have been on over two weeks.
If you have a look on ebay, they are selling them and they do sell the lamps to heat them. I found, when I did my daughters, that a hairdryer works just as well.

To remove them, you heat again and slide a nail under them at the side and then peel gently. If I can work out how, I'll put on a photo for you.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
sue09 wrote:
These come on a sheet of transfers/stickers. I have used the stick on ones befor and they peel off after a few days, but these have been on over two weeks.
If you have a look on ebay, they are selling them and they do sell the lamps to heat them. I found, when I did my daughters, that a hairdryer works just as well.

To remove them, you heat again and slide a nail under them at the side and then peel gently. If I can work out how, I'll put on a photo for you.

Are the stickers thin?
I have very uneven nails, got lines and they aren't so straight in the growth..
Do I have to file the surface of my own nail, as smooth a possible - or it can cause bubbles underneath and so?

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
sue09
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
You can take time to make sure there are no air bubbles. When I had this done in the salon, they buffed my nails first, but when I did my daughters, I just cleaned them and let them thoroughly dry and they are still on.
krystile
5% products discount

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
have had my nails done in the past and ended up with massive air bubbles after. Found that there are two things that will minimise the formation of air bubbles:

1. clean the nails well... traces of oil on the nail surface causes air bubble to form as the adhesive of the nail paint/stickers will not be able to grab on

2. make sure that there are no traces of any cuticle oil/ nail cleaner etc as they affect the adhesion as well, creating air bubbles when present!
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:23 am      Reply with quote
sue09 wrote:
You can take time to make sure there are no air bubbles. When I had this done in the salon, they buffed my nails first, but when I did my daughters, I just cleaned them and let them thoroughly dry and they are still on.

I'm not so fond of the buffing part. I have so thin nails anyway, and even if they look so much better buffed, I don't like the idea of damage the nails surface so much, the nail "suffers" enough with polishes and things like this.

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |