Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Crow's feet – when is it normal?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vor
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
When is it normal to start seeing crow's feet in the corner of your eyes while smiling?
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I had some clients who were in their late 30's early 40's and you could see them. I'm 60 and I don't really have them. I had other issues, sagging to be addressed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I have had smile lines (that would only show when I'm smiling) for quite a while now (maybe 10 years), but the big difference that I'm starting to notice is that when I'm not smiling, the lines are becoming visible - my skin used to smooth right back out. I just turned 40 last week. My sister, who is 37 but has drier skin than mine, has the same type of lines as I do. They aren't what I would consider severe, or even a major concern yet, so I'm just hoping that a good skin care regimen can prevent them from getting much worse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I dont think there is any normal age as lifestyle and how you care for skin can make a big difference.
krystile
5% products discount

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Agreed! the skin around your eyes are thinner and more delicate. Therefore it is essential to always keep the skin around the area well hydrated and protected from the sun as these are factors that will contribute to the crow's feet being more obvious at an early age. Using a good quality eye cream will help to smooth it out, but i think it is inevitable for them to form. It's all a matter of how one takes care of them!

Anyway, i think that some lines around your face adds to the character... afterall, one would not want to have a face that is totally expressionless!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
From what I have both read and seen the fairer and dryer your skin the earlier you see lines in general. It's very important if that's your skin type to keep your skin hydrated (from inside and out) and moisturised. Also Sunscreen!

At 56 I can make lines when I smile but the snap back 99.999%. I don't sunbathe at all, but did in my youth and never burned just tanned extremely easily.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
From what I have both read and seen the fairer and dryer your skin the earlier you see lines in general. It's very important if that's your skin type to keep your skin hydrated (from inside and out) and moisturised. Also Sunscreen!

I've read similar things as well Dark Moon.

I think that the better you take care of your skin and avoid sun, the better your skin will be as you age. I also think that healthier bodies = healthier skin.

Stress also plays a huge part in the way my skin looks. If I'm really stressed out, I can easily look 10yrs older than I am. It seems to show in my eyes first; they get tired and drawn looking. During those times, it doesn't seem to matter what products I use on my skin - I still look like a strung out old lady.

Having said that, you can't ignore genetics ... There are some people who seem to look great no matter what they do, while others seem to do everything right and still have saggy or wrinkled skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I agree especially about genetics! I know a few women in their mid 70's that have barely a wrinkle.
Stress is horrible for us in every way health wise and it does show on our faces.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Are avocado, castor and jojoba oil enough for daily moisturising?
I have heard that castor rather dries than moisturises.
I do have very pale and dry skin. It feels dry and tight and it looks dry and tight. Sometimes I have a snow-like layer on my skin or analogous patches.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Vor wrote:
Are avocado, castor and jojoba oil enough for daily moisturising?
I have heard that castor rather dries than moisturises.

Hi Vor Smile

Keliu posted the following on another thread. It's best to apply oils on a damp face to seal moisture in!

Here's an interesting find:

Castor Oil is a type of vegetable oil that is manufactured from castor seeds. It is rich in fatty acids and is known to act as a humectant by drawing moisture to itself.
http://www.babyboomercaretaker.com/fashion/Erase-Wrinkles-With-Castor-Oil.html

I just Googled "does Castor Oil moisturise" and allot of info came up, so have a look.

I was also of the belief that oils moisturise by themselves but just lately I've been spritzing my face with Rose Water before and after applying an oil - a tip I learned from RileyGirl. But oils are always best applied to a damp skin.

BTW, I use Castor Oil as a cleanser along with Olive Oil and it DOES sting my eyes. Have not had that trouble with Rosehip Oil.

I would give the Castor Oil a try though - it's one of those old fashioned things that has allot of followers.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
But dermatologists say that tap water dries the skin so it's best to rinse it off right away.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Vor wrote:
But dermatologists say that tap water dries the skin so it's best to rinse it off right away.

If you can get distilled water you can make your own hydrosol or use it straight, also you can buy one. When you seal the water in with oils it can't evaporate which is what causes the drying. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
when you smile if you are over 40 you will have them.If you dont, you are in flattering light or you do botox.Botox can wipe them out temporarily.If you are over 40 and think you dont have them , smile wide in the mirror you will have them. Demi's crows on the side are softened by botox but you notice she has deep wrinkles under her eyes, those are harder to control with botox.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
when you smile if you are over 40 you will have them.If you dont, you are in flattering light or you do botox.Botox can wipe them out temporarily.If you are over 40 and think you dont have them , smile wide in the mirror you will have them. Demi's crows on the side are softened by botox but you notice she has deep wrinkles under her eyes, those are harder to control with botox.

Well at 56 with clear bright bathroom lights and Florida's sunshine, plus a 10X mirror I can see very well and I don't have these lines! I have never had any inject-ables, fillers or plastic surgery and know other woman over 40 that don't either. I don't believe you can generalize about this at all. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
you would be the first then that i have seen.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Vor wrote:
When is it normal to start seeing crow's feet in the corner of your eyes while smiling?

My son's girlfriend is 19; she has lines around her eyes when she laughs or genuinely smiles. I guess you could call them crow's feet. But they totally disappear when she is not making those facial expressions. I don't think there is a "normal age" but rather it varies greatly from one individual to another. I also agree with LucyLuc ... we all get them eventually.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yes and in my original post I said I have them (slight) when smiling however they disappear when I am not.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, I still prefer the look of a few character lines to the plastic look that some celebrities have adopted. Some of them don't look like they have skin - just puffed up plastic that is expressionless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
To be honest, I still prefer the look of a few character lines to the plastic look that some celebrities have adopted. Some of them don't look like they have skin - just puffed up plastic that is expressionless.

LOL Yep except for my puffy above lids! I am jealous you got yours done! Smile Or should I say droopy?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have them at 47 even when I am not smiling. My son, 20, has them when he smiles. I haven't seen anyone in my "real" life that doesn't have "crows feet" when they smile. I think genetics is the biggest player in when people get wrinkles, followed by sun and lifestyle choices.

I agree, Time2Bme, I would prefer the wrinkles to the plastic look some celebrities have. However, most celebrities have wrinkles that are just covered up with make-up and tricks.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Have you Jane Fonda lately? She had plastic surgery; she looks beautiful. You can tell she has had it, but she still looks like she has expressions. She is such a gorgeous lady to begin with - and her figure - OMG ... over 70 and looks amazing.

I've seen other younger actresses and I find their lack of expression distracting. It is bizarre looking.

ITA about makeup tricks ... and I also think that lighting is really important. I remember seeing someone interviewed that said if you want to really look great - make sure you're lighting is good and a fan is blowing on you !!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
in person a lot of celebrities are not that beautiful, there is no airbrush available when you see them in person. Jane Fonda may have had plastic surgery but she has a LOT of wrinkles.Her skin looks very old in person. I think that asians and blacks tend to look the youngest....if they stay out of the sun.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Gena Davis is very beautiful in person...and very sweet too. She is in her 50's I think but has beautiful flawless skin in person,very pale ivory ....she stays out of the sun thats the secret.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Most of the stars have had some form of plastic surgery.Noticeable plastic surgery is just bad plastic surgery.Good plastic surgery you would never notice it looks so natural,it just makes the person look very refreshed and younger but not "done".
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
The answer is when you don't have botox. It means you need to go back for more. Cool
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |