Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
MD Formulations - Any Good?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
can anyone advise me on products from MD Formulations for my oily spotty skin? I feel like I've tried everything and nothing works. I'm 24 years old and fed up of pimples! Particularly bad around sides of chin and cheeks. Thanks!
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi I'm 24 years old too and have the same skin type as you (combo/acne). I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my MD Forte Cleanser - It has really helped out with my acne so much!! I wish I could put before/after pictures on here Smile

Anyways, you have to keep your skin really moisturized while using this, and the only problem I'm having right now is that it's winter time (think -20 degrees) and my skin is really dry. But, I don't want to use a thick moisturizer that will clog my pores, so I came here for advice Smile Also, I don't want to use the MD Forte moisturizer at the same time because that would probably be too harsh on my skin. I think I will try using a B5 serum to up the moisture level for these dry winter months, and stick with my Cellex-C sea silk moisturizer (which i love as well).

I'm also going to try the Yonka Juvenil & Creme 15 to get rid of the few pesky zits I still have left.

Hope this helps some Smile they also have some pretty good/honest product reviews onwww.skinstore.com that can be helpful.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your quick reply. Is the MD quite harsh? I am one of those people who like to use matching cleanser and moisturiser (!) but would that dry my skin out too much? I am in the UK so although it's cold and wintery here at the moment, it's nowhere near-20!
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I know, w/out my scarf & mitts i'd be a goner Laughing

Anyways, I never had any bad reactions to MDForte, which is rare because my skin is so difficult, and it's really hard for me to find a good product! I tried Murad, Peter Thomas Roth, and Neutrogena, and nono of those worked like MD Forte. I think my skin was flaky/tight for a few days but then was fine, no big deal. It does tingle a bit, and you have to put it on dry (like a lotion), massage it in, and then wash it off (otherwise the glycolic acid doesn't do anything). I started at level one and was fine. I saw results a couple days later and my skin kept getting better I loved it Smile

I don't think I'd use the lotion at the same time though, because * i think * that would be too much glycolic acid. It might dry out your skin. Also, if you use too much glycolic acid, your skin can get used to it & the ingredients stop working as well (my esthetician told me this). So, it's good to mix it up. I usually use the face wash twice a day (sometimes switch with a gentle exfoliation scrub or mild cleanser), a gentle toner (I use fresh complexion mist by cellex-c), and then an oil-free moisturizer. But if you want to stick with the same line, then I know that the MD Forte Hydrating Complex got really good reviews onwww.skinstore.com.

Also, what I've been doing these past couple days is actually leaving the Forte on my problem area (my chin) for a few extra minutes before washing off, and right now I have only 1 tiny pimple left!!

Okay that's enough, I'm afraid I'm starting to sound like an infomercial Embarassed Plus I need to get back to my boring job.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
If you are tempted to try MD Formulations for oily skin, I would recommend the glycolic cleanser as well as the VITAPLUS Illuminating masque. I actually got these two item in a kit (not sure if they still have this configuration). I like the masque quite a lot, it has a mild but soothing lavender scent!

Depends on the actual condition of your skin, you may need to adjust the frequency of usage, I have combo skin, it's too strong to use it too frequenctly although they claim it's gental enough for everyday use, anyway, I only use them (both the cleanser and masque) about twice a month or more when I suffer from pimples/acnes, etc., I usually use the cleanser more than the mask, they help clear my skin and even out my skintone!

I believe the MD Forte is a derivative of MD formulation, it's more advanced or more concentrated in terms of the ingredients, so, if you never have tired any of those gycolic acid thing, you may want to start with MD Formulation, MD Forte receive good reviews too!
Mabsy

Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:10 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1374 Smile

I'd recommend the glycolic cleanser, clearing complex, clearing complex masque and perhaps the facial lotion.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking about trying one of the kits to see how my skin reacts to the products, would you recommend the problem skin kit, the oily kit or the combination kit? My skin can be sensitive to products so I'm wary of products that may be too harsh. Thanks for the advice!
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Am also now wondering about the Peter Thomas Roth brand. How does this compare to MD Formulations? Any opinions gratefully received!
Mabsy

Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Rachael - PTR and MDF both have some good products. It's a bit hard to compare the two just in general I guess.

I'm not really sure which kit you should go with, it really depends on how oily your skin is and how it reacts to AHA products. The only difference between the problem prone and the oily kits is that the moisturiser in the oily kit is a gel one and a cream in the problem prone (so this is a tad more moisturising). HTH
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone, there are so may products out there that it gets quite confusing! I guess trial and error is the only way to find what works, so look out for my reviews in the future! Thanks again.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |