Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help with retin A
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CatInAHat

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would really appreciate some advice regarding Retin A. I have read so many positive reviews about it and how it is an excellent preventative for wrinkles. I am 24 and have very sensitive skin but would like to try and incorporate Retin A into my skincare regime.

Can anyone recommend a particular brand or strength of Retin A for my age and skin type?
Thank you in advance Smile
CatInAHat

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any advice for me at all? There is just so much information on the internet regarding Retin A, I am finding it quite overwhelming trying to sort out what is best for my skin type and needs Think
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
What is your skin type? That will determine if you get the cream or gel.

Start with the lowest % which I think is .25%. Get generic it will tons cheaper. Start off using every 3rd night to help your skin adjust. If you skin very sensitive then you may not be able to use it. Just listen to you skin.

Be sure to use sunscreen daily.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
CatInAHat wrote:
I would really appreciate some advice regarding Retin A. I have read so many positive reviews about it and how it is an excellent preventative for wrinkles. I am 24 and have very sensitive skin but would like to try and incorporate Retin A into my skincare regime.

Can anyone recommend a particular brand or strength of Retin A for my age and skin type?

Have you thought about using an over the counter retinol product first and then moving up to Retin A? 0.025% is the lowest in the cream/gel formulas, and the Retin A Micro comes in a 0.04%. The Micro is supposed to be more gentle as it is time released. I agree with Girliegirl, start out slow and increase usage as your skin becomes accustomed to it.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Very sensitive skin, that's me. Start with a good retinol product. NCN has a nice inexpensive 1% and 2% formula, with 2% being the highest. And then move to a lowest Retin A.
CatInAHat

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much all for your informed replies, I will look into getting a retinol product first and then perhaps moving on. I didn't realise there was a difference between retinol and retin A!
So you don't think that using retin A at age 24 will do more harm than good? I'm concerned tha this may be the case as i don't have any visible wrinkles but definitely want to prevent them in the first place.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
can someone recommend me a brand for Retin A? because now i am using obagi Retin A, but it is too expensive, i want to have a instead.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Its not so much about doing more harm than good, but over challenging your skin which is never a good idea no matter what your age. Retin A is a prescription medicine for a reason, and the adverse effects it can produce can be quite upsetting to many people. Retinol though however though weaker than Retin A, can produce the same results but will take a little longer. One of my favourite Retinol products is Green Cream (and there are 3 level/strengths) so you might want to search out those!
CatInAHat wrote:
Thanks very much all for your informed replies, I will look into getting a retinol product first and then perhaps moving on. I didn't realise there was a difference between retinol and retin A!
So you don't think that using retin A at age 24 will do more harm than good? I'm concerned tha this may be the case as i don't have any visible wrinkles but definitely want to prevent them in the first place.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm always cautious about recommending brands on the net, because we don't know anything about your skin type or how its responded (or how long you have been using obagi system)?
zhoushuhappy wrote:
can someone recommend me a brand for Retin A? because now i am using obagi Retin A, but it is too expensive, i want to have a instead.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
CatInAHat wrote:

Have you thought about using an over the counter retinol product first and then moving up to Retin A? 0.025% is the lowest in the cream/gel formulas, and the Retin A Micro comes in a 0.04%. The Micro is supposed to be more gentle as it is time released. I agree with Girliegirl, start out slow and increase usage as your skin becomes accustomed to it.

Retin A Micro i think is best. Could you know some brand for Retin A Micro?
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I'm always cautious about recommending brands on the net, because we don't know anything about your skin type or how its responded (or how long you have been using obagi system)?
zhoushuhappy wrote:

yes, i am very coutious too, but i really don't know what is brand for retin a is better.
I am using obagi for about 3 weeks, and skin now peel and red which i can bear, and now i am using obagi Retin A 0.05%.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:53 am      Reply with quote
CatInAHat wrote:

IMO, start with an over the counter retinol. You are only 24, save the big guns for later in life. As long as you are using a retinol product (you can even check in to retinaldehyde, which is still gentle but a "step up" from the retinol) and sunscreen, you have a great head start on good skin care!
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I my country, i find a retin a product, only cost $10, what a big price difference!! I think both brand are the same.

can retin A be used on the upper lid?
Is it can prevent the lid sag?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:
I my country, i find a retin a product, only cost $10, what a big price difference!! I think both brand are the same.

can retin A be used on the upper lid?
Is it can prevent the lid sag?

WOW what country are you in? I like the price. In here, US, Retin A is expensive. Some are over $100. That is why we are looking for generic brand. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |