Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Estriol Cream for the Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everyone, When, after you wash your face, do you apply estriol cream to your face? Do you do it every day? Thank you. Smile

I do my retinA then my estriol as per derm/ Pl surgeon. Been doing this for yrs., I stopped the estriol for a couple months to see if it really made a difference...OMG, puffy under eyes, upper lip lines to name a few...began use again, gone in about a week! I get my estriol from inhouse
Pharm. also retinA.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of what I've read about hormones has been contradictory - hence when someone makes a statement, I like to see exactly where that info comes from.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

RS
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 5:05 am      Reply with quote
The most quoted one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7877517

And this one http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8876303
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 7:17 am      Reply with quote
That one was helpful, although they don't seem to differentiate between estriol and estradiol.

Sure wish we had a full copy of this recent one from 2007:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17653955

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 8:18 am      Reply with quote
The Bioidentical Hormone Debate:
Are Bioidentical Hormones (Estradiol, Estriol, and Progesterone) Safer or More Efficacious than Commonly Used Synthetic Versions in Hormone Replacement Therapy?

Kent Holtorf, MD

Holtorf Medical Group, Inc.
Torrance, CA

http://www.iacprx.org/site/DocServer/HoltorfStudy_Jan09_PostgraduateMedicine.pdf?docID=5841

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I know I read it most definitely can penetrate to the blood stream, does it really penetrate to a high level?

I'd love to try this, what are everyone's results that have been using for the time of this thread? Can anyone give an update, please and TIA!

I have a very hard time reading through all the data (sorry ADD kicks in and I get lost).
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Please don't sidetrack this thread by dragging the whole hormone replacement debate into this skincare discussion.

On that topic, anything that anybody needs to know can be found through their own MD or the North American Menopause Society.

Please, can we stay with skin aging and the effect of estrogens and phytoestrogens?

Now, I think DrJ has presented some helpful links and raised good questions, since both phytoestrogens and estrogen supplements have been shown to have positive effects on aging skin.

BFG
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Please don't sidetrack this thread by dragging the whole hormone replacement debate into this skincare discussion.

On that topic, anything that anybody needs to know can be found through their own MD or the North American Menopause Society.

Please, can we stay with skin aging and the effect of estrogens and phytoestrogens?

Now, I think DrJ has presented some helpful links and raised good questions, since both phytoestrogens and estrogen supplements have been shown to have positive effects on aging skin.

BFG

I hope you were not referring to my post, I just want to know what anti-aging results have been obtained.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I know I read it most definitely can penetrate to the blood stream, does it really penetrate to a high level?

I'd love to try this, what are everyone's results that have been using for the time of this thread? Can anyone give an update, please and TIA!

I have a very hard time reading through all the data (sorry ADD kicks in and I get lost).

In my experience, estriol cream doesn't have a systemic effect. I am not periomenopausal nor menopausal, so it is reasonable that I might experience changes in my cycle if the topical estriol was in fact strongly systemic. However, I do use the .1% USB estriol, and not the .3% estriol as was used in the studies, simply because I can't find the .3% estriol premade. (I use Ovestin cream). In terms of skin results, my fine lines are gone, skin is firmer, better moisture, pores seem refined/smaller. NO breakouts, which is great, even though the cream is quite dense. No irritation or redness from the cream, either. I chose not to use the estradiol because I do think estradiol might have a systemic effect, being a stronger estrogen than estriol. I must say, I love the results I've had from the estriol. It's a worthwhile addition to my skincare plan, certainly!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

I hope you were not referring to my post, I just want to know what anti-aging results have been obtained.

No Tiny I am sure that was aimed at my post which by the way I have no desire to debate, but it does compare the various forms of hormones including estriol and estradiol. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everyone, When, after you wash your face, do you apply estriol cream to your face? Do you do it every day? Thank you. Smile

I do my retinA then my estriol as per derm/ Pl surgeon. Been doing this for yrs., I stopped the estriol for a couple months to see if it really made a difference...OMG, puffy under eyes, upper lip lines to name a few...began use again, gone in about a week! I get my estriol from inhouse
Pharm. also retinA.

I'm 62 now and still use it and love it. Personally I don't worry about side effects of the estriol, it is such a low percentage and I'm sure I haven't got a freaken hormone of my own left anymore so the good that it does my skin really shows. Perhaps if I were younger I would feel differently. Now I do get regular check ups,blood work at least4x a yr. and yearly skin cancer screening, so I an not an idiot about my health!
My Derm/pls does not recommend this for women who are not over 50.
As with everything we need to use good judgement, and do what we feel is best for ourselves.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I did want to update on the using the cream. I had been using it in smaller doses mixed with my other face creams. In that dose it did not do much I have now learned thru my bloodwork.
When I went in this Feb. for my major ob/gyn check, I had to do a complete blood work, plus cardiologist appts.,heart scans etc. due to some minor chest pain, heart racing etc. The entire months of feb. and March were doctor/derm visits it seems!
Turns out, I was in complete menopause due to my hysterectomy in 2005 (which I had strongly suspected) so all of these were symptoms of it.
With the cardiologists okay, my gyn put me on a low dose of ESTRADIOL 0.5MG TABLETS since my heart scans were all great. First day I took it, even at that low dose, it was like night and day! Felt like I came out of a fog! No more, heart issues, night sweats, etc.
Now, my cholesterol was also high since the estrogen helps control that as well and it had been slowly creeping up along with the weight.
So, because I am taking the pills, I stopped using the cream. I have to go back in 6 months to both docs and have my blood work done again and hormone levels re-checked to see where/if any adjustments need to be made.
I have already taken off half of the offending 15 pounds I needed to loose and am getting my cholesterol back in check, which I have found/ learned also shows up in your skin!
The skin hasn't made any major reversals as far as lines but thats okay, it is at least not as dry and is getting clearer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 am      Reply with quote
No I am starting to read that estrogen is pro inflammatory and causes wrinkles while *progesterone* has the reverse effect:

Listen to this:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/eastwesthealing/2011/03/15/ray-peat-estrogen-vs-progesterone

Progesterone Summaries
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/progesterone-summaries.shtml

Progesterone is always more effective when the diet contains adequate protein, and when thee isn't an excessive amount of unsaturated fat in the diet..

For the topical treatment of sun damaged skin, or acne, wrinkles, etc. the oil can be applied directly to the affected area.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
gretchen,

Is Ray Peat your primary source of health related information or you do you have other sources you use as well? If so, I am curious.

Thanks, BFG
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
No I am starting to read that estrogen is pro inflammatory and causes wrinkles while *progesterone* has the reverse effect:

Listen to this:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/eastwesthealing/2011/03/15/ray-peat-estrogen-vs-progesterone

Progesterone Summaries
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/progesterone-summaries.shtml

Progesterone is always more effective when the diet contains adequate protein, and when thee isn't an excessive amount of unsaturated fat in the diet..

For the topical treatment of sun damaged skin, or acne, wrinkles, etc. the oil can be applied directly to the affected area.

In large studies with HRT, if given orally there is a rise in C-reactive protein, but not other inflammatory markers. If given transdermally, no elevation.

Estrogen treatment increases the amount of dermal HA and versican V2 via paracrine release of EGF which may be implicated in the pro-proliferative and anti-inflammatory effects of estrogen during photoaging. http://www.jbc.org/content/early/2012/04/09/jbc.M112.353151.long

Topical isoflavanoids which stimulate estrogen receptors are potent anti-inflammatories, useful even for psoriasis. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20212509

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I thought that Estriol was a stretch mark product?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
I thought that Estriol was a stretch mark product?

Simple definition. Smile

Definition of ESTRIOL

a relatively weak natural estrogenic hormone that is a glycol C18H24O3 found in the body chiefly as a metabolite of estradiol, is the main estrogen secreted by the placenta during pregnancy, and is the estrogen typically found in the urine of pregnant women.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/estriol

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I can also say that having used 2 tubs of the Smokey Mountain, it did nothing for my skin. And while I was using the estriol on my face, I did not absorb enough to even register when I had my blood/hormone tests done and I didn't notice any great changes either, but I did seem to be having hormonal breakouts. So it seemed that the amounts from using it just on the face were extremely nominal for me. Maybe you have to use it more prevalent than I was.
Now that I am using the low dose Estradiol, it still isn't getting me back to normal levels, so they may increase my dose and I am hating the breakouts. Ugh, at 50!
All I can say is I did not have any wrinkles or loss of plumpness/elasticity BEFORE my hysterectomy, only after.
I may reorder the estriol and give it another try along WITH my Estradiol, have my hormones checked and see where we are at.
If the claims are that it can tighten up an atrophied Vjajay, then let's see what it can do for my now developing crows feet! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I can also say that having used 2 tubs of the Smokey Mountain, it did nothing for my skin. And while I was using the estriol on my face, I did not absorb enough to even register when I had my blood/hormone tests done and I didn't notice any great changes either, but I did seem to be having hormonal breakouts. So it seemed that the amounts from using it just on the face were extremely nominal for me. Maybe you have to use it more prevalent than I was.
Now that I am using the low dose Estradiol, it still isn't getting me back to normal levels, so they may increase my dose and I am hating the breakouts. Ugh, at 50!
All I can say is I did not have any wrinkles or loss of plumpness/elasticity BEFORE my hysterectomy, only after.
I may reorder the estriol and give it another try along WITH my Estradiol, have my hormones checked and see where we are at.
If the claims are that it can tighten up an atrophied Vjajay, then let's see what it can do for my now developing crows feet! Laughing

rofl omg this is good!! Ok please report back, I would love to hear your results, and very sorry on the break outs!! Hope the other parts stay normal LMAO
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have just read through this entire thread. I'd like to know if anyone has been using estriol cream with copper peptides. I've been using skinbiology.com's LacSal in the evening and Skin Signals in the morning. Where would the estriol cream fit in? My guess would be to wait about fifteen minutes after applying CPs, then use the cream which would also act as a moisturizer under makeup. But then I need to put sunscreen on top -- I generally use Clinique City Block Sheer, which is slightly tinted. What say you?

The skin on my face is pretty good, so I may concentrate more on neck, back of hands and inner part of elbows where skin is loosening up.

I will be getting the estriol cream from a compounding pharmacy for $60/60 grams. I looked at amazon.com and it was the same price or more expensive. Haven't checked inhouse pharmacy yet.
Angelina Ballerina
5% products discount

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I was prescribed Ovestin cream when I was breastfeeding. By several doctors. They all told me the effect was local, not systemic (ie localised to my poor dry lady garden), hence why using ovestin cream does not interfere with milk supply.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Got my cream and have been using it on face, neck, in crook of left elbow and back of left hand. The skin inside the elbow gets crepey and loose first supposedly, so I will compare the left hand/arm to the right after about a month.

On the back of my right hand, I've been using testosterone cream but it expired a year ago so I don't know if it's still potent. Never really used it so it may wind up being a moisturizer. Hated to toss it out. Testosterone thickens the skin so I thought I'd experiment on myself. My doc tested my hormone levels and I'm waiting to get results. I'm sure I'm low in testosterone so I might ask her to order bioidentical cream again but be more diligent using it. Good for sex drive and energy level in general. Easy to tell if you are using too much -- you get acne, facial hair and become irritable.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
My neck looks a little red but not sure if it's the estriol cream or I just didn't wear enough sunscreen. Have to be more diligent with the sunscreen to know for sure.

Has anyone noticed that the sun seems to be much stronger? Even with sunscreen I've noticed my arms are tan, which astounds me since I spend little time outside other than after 4pm on weekends and after 6 on weekdays.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Should this be used daily or every other day? I have red conflicting things, but some doctors online are recommending every other day. I'm going to try estriol and a progesterone cream and see what happens..

If it's every other days I'll alternate with Retin A
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Less red so I think perhaps I didn't apply enough sunscreen that day. I've been using it everyday, after waiting about 20 min. after applying SkinSignals CP serum and then Clinique City Block Sheer on top if I go outside.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |