Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Estriol Cream for the Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl

which one did you get from inhouse pharmacy. and if used with retin a, is it mixed together or applied one after the other. I heard if you use a little bit mixed with a moisturised it shuldnt affect hormones, used three times a week. I am peri menoupausal....would that matter. thanks in advance
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:40 am      Reply with quote
BF posted it's from in house pharmacy.

Barefootgirl wrote:
yes, my understanding is that it is absorbed, that's how it works Smile

Anyway, I have fewer concerns with estriol than I do with other types of estrogen - but I would rather not go the reasons here because it is a complex topic and as I said, controversial, but that said - I would encourage anyone who is interested in this to look at the studies, read the literature and decide for herself Smile

I get mine from the UK - inhouse pharmacy.

BF

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dark moon,

yes i saw that, but I wanted to know which one as there are seveal estriol type creams/products they sell. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
Hi Dark moon,

yes i saw that, but I wanted to know which one as there are seveal estriol type creams/products they sell. Very Happy

Sorry zizi! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I purchased Ovestin, but really need to stress again that people should do their own personal research with respect to hormones and not just follow what others are doing - becuase this is complicated and highly individual.

BF
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
BF

What's your take on the following,

http://www.middle-ageless.com/2009/09/how-estriol-gets-rid-of-wrinkles.html

DarkMoon wrote:
This really has me totally confused now, note the part about no systemic absorption concerns? From Antonia's blog.

One reason that facial skin "shrivels" as we age is that our normal hormone production markedly declines. To make matters worse, blood microcirculation to our skin is reduced as we grow older, thereby depriving our skin of the small amount of natural hormones our body still makes.* A large number of published scientific studies reveal that estrogen exerts potent anti-aging effects on the skin*. The topical application of natural estrogen can provide dramatic improvements to the skin without systemic absorption concerns.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I read that article, it was one of the pieces I used in my own research.

BF
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
The Estriol cream my Dr. has me using reads .3% in versabase. It costs about 60$ for about 2oz. Anyone know where I can purchase this cheaper?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
sorry everyone should have read all the previous posts (duh) my question has already been answered!!! Anyway. The other question about using Retin A with it. Dr. has me using Retin A first, waiting a few mins, following with estriol, and when that has soaked in follow with moisturizer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
can anyone provide a link of what they think is the best estriol cream?Thanks
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Toby has a link on page one to Rejuvinate, I think I am going to try that. I have Amazon gift cards. The formulation looks to be about the same as mine 3% (after searching around the net for that info) I'm not sure what versabase is, but I think it may be a bunch of stuff without fragrance or parafin. Anyway, Rejuvinate sounds pretty close to mine. I suspect my Dr. office gets large quantities and re-packages it for resale. It is in a generic container.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
When applied to facial skin, does estrogen ointment have systemic effects?Kainz C, Gitsch G, Stani J, Breitenecker G, Binder M, Schmidt JB.

2nd Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Vienna, School of Medicine, Austria.

Abstract
We examined cytological vaginal smears of 17 women before and after three months of dermal estrogen (1 g of 0.01% estradiol ointment or 0.3% estriol ointment once daily), applied to the face for dermatological indications. The mean age was 57.1 +/- 7.6 years (range from 46 to 66). Seven women had estrogenic smears (more than 10% superficial cells) before therapy. Nine women were treated with 0.01% estradiol ointment and 8 were treated with 0.3% estriol ointment. Both groups had gynecological examinations including cervical and vaginal smears before and after treatment and also monthly measurements of serum follicle-stimulating hormone, prolactin and estradiol levels. Serum hormone levels and the appearance of vaginal smears showed no significant change during treatment.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8215610

Treatment of skin ageing symptoms in perimenopausal females with estrogen compounds. A pilot study.
Schmidt JB, Binder M, Macheiner W, Kainz C, Gitsch G, Bieglmayer C.

Department of Special and Environmental Dermatology, University of Vienna Medical School, Wien, Austria. A wide range of somatic symptoms of the perimenopausal female is due to the decrease of estrogen at that age. Minor attention has been paid hitherto to the involvement of estrogens in female skin ageing symptoms. In our study, the ageing skin of the face of perimenopausal females was treated with a 0.3% estriol cream (8 patients) or with a 0.01% estradiol cream (10 patients) for 6 months. Dermatologic follow-up was performed monthly. At each follow-up venous blood for radioimmuno assay determination of prolactin (PRL), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and estradiol (E2) was sampled. In addition, prior to and after 3 and 6 months of treatment, gynecological examinations for climacteric symptoms, mammary and colposcopic investigations and vaginal smears for cytology were performed. Both treatment groups showed improvement of the various skin ageing symptoms at the end of treatment. The effects of the group treated with topical estriol were slightly superior with regard to their extent and onset. No hormonal side effects were noted either clinically or by hormone monitoring. According to these preliminary results, local estrogen treatment appears to be a promising new approach for the treatment of skin ageing in perimenopausal females. However, for minimizing the risk of systemic hormonal side effects, concentrations and size of application field should be limited.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7877517

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
I'm not sure what versabase is, but I think it may be a bunch of stuff without fragrance or parafin.

This is what I could find on Versabase.

Versabase Cream is specially to ensure consistent and effective systemic absorption of the bio-identical progesterone from the cream base. This base represents a refinement of previous bases, improving one again, the cosmetic properties of the base. A non-greasy, readily absorbed cream base that effectively functions as a transdermal vehicle.

The Versabase is apparently only available through Professional Compounding Centers of America. http://www.pccarx.com/default.aspx
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that Keliu!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the link. Usually these studies provide more details on what they consider improvement - i.e. - measurement of wrinkle depth, collagen formation, etc.

There is quite a bit of data out there... Dr. Baumman's latest book has a similar study.

BF
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
It'possible to get the estriol in a pure oil base...nothing else added....it might not be so transdermally active that way (systemic) the way Toby's cream is scientifically designed to be..i'm not sure about that though... but just wondering.

it can come that way at compunding pharmaciesan alternative wayof taking it orally..and there's also a company called, i believe, natural radiance, or something like that ..that has it in natural oils primarily for vaginal dryness...but i don't see why it couldn't be used on the face..'ll post the link later in the day.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
thanks,
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
When applied to facial skin, does estrogen ointment have systemic effects?
Kainz C, Gitsch G, Stani J, Breitenecker G, Binder M, Schmidt JB.
2nd Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Vienna, School of Medicine, Austria.

Abstract
We examined cytological vaginal smears of 17 women before and after three months of dermal estrogen (1 g of 0.01% estradiol ointment or 0.3% estriol ointment once daily), applied to the face for dermatological indications. The mean age was 57.1 +/- 7.6 years (range from 46 to 66). Seven women had estrogenic smears (more than 10% superficial cells) before therapy. Nine women were treated with 0.01% estradiol ointment and 8 were treated with 0.3% estriol ointment. Both groups had gynecological examinations including cervical and vaginal smears before and after treatment and also monthly measurements of serum follicle-stimulating hormone, prolactin and estradiol levels. Serum hormone levels and the appearance of vaginal smears showed no significant change during treatment.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8215610

Treatment of skin ageing symptoms in perimenopausal females with estrogen compounds. A pilot study.
Schmidt JB, Binder M, Macheiner W, Kainz C, Gitsch G, Bieglmayer C.
Department of Special and Environmental Dermatology, University of Vienna Medical School, Wien, Austria.

Abstract
A wide range of somatic symptoms of the perimenopausal female is due to the decrease of estrogen at that age. Minor attention has been paid hitherto to the involvement of estrogens in female skin ageing symptoms. In our study, the ageing skin of the face of perimenopausal females was treated with a 0.3% estriol cream (8 patients) or with a 0.01% estradiol cream (10 patients) for 6 months. Dermatologic follow-up was performed monthly. At each follow-up venous blood for radioimmuno assay determination of prolactin (PRL), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and estradiol (E2) was sampled. In addition, prior to and after 3 and 6 months of treatment, gynecological examinations for climacteric symptoms, mammary and colposcopic investigations and vaginal smears for cytology were performed. Both treatment groups showed improvement of the various skin ageing symptoms at the end of treatment. The effects of the group treated with topical estriol were slightly superior with regard to their extent and onset. No hormonal side effects were noted either clinically or by hormone monitoring. According to these preliminary results, local estrogen treatment appears to be a promising new approach for the treatment of skin ageing in perimenopausal females. However, for minimizing the risk of systemic hormonal side effects, concentrations and size of application field should be limited.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7877517

Toby wrote:
The answer is yes without question....this is from the pharmacist. It would be absorbed on the thin skin of the face, very rapidly. Estroil is used vaginally as well as on other areas of the body for hormone replacement....but never on the breast.

Isn't this contradictory information?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Estriol, the Safest Estrogen

Estriol is a Safe and Effective Hormone for Menopausal Women with Hot Flashes and Vaginal Dryness

http://www.virginiahopkinstestkits.com/estriolhormone.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Isn't this contradictory information?

I think so Lacy.....hmmmmmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I looked up the ingredients for Natural Radiance and it contains sorbic acid and some oils (seem like essentisl oils) that seem a little unusual..so it's not what i was searching for....but i know that compounding pharmacies can make estriol in oils... like olive oil
i took tri-estrogen, presribed by the naturapathic doc that originally formulated the tri-estrogen concept, for about 6 months 9 years ago..and i took it orally in this form as it was the best for my particular body type at the time... it was in capsules...but the capsuls could be pricked open for facial skincare...and i'm sure ..somewhere on the net...i've seen estriol in pure olive oil not encapsulated..just don't remember where.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
i thought keliu was showing us some of the contradictory theories/research

Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
To have any level of effectiveness in improving the condition of the skin, any topical has to be able to at least penetrate the upper layers of skin.

I think the studies are showing whether the topical penetrates deep enough and extensive enough to raise levels in the blood.

This is similar to how we view Retin A and the recommendations to avoid retinoids during pregnancy - hence the reason to make an individual assessment.

BF
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting note - when I clicked on that link, I saw related study articles on the right hand side of the page and there's one study indicating that a certain progesterone cream was shown to increase skin elasticity.

We seem to have ways to increase collagen, but elasticity (or elastin?) is one that we around here have been hoping for.

BF
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
To have any level of effectiveness in improving the condition of the skin, any topical has to be able to at least penetrate the upper layers of skin.

I think the studies are showing whether the topical penetrates deep enough and extensive enough to raise levels in the blood.

This is similar to how we view Retin A and the recommendations to avoid retinoids during pregnancy - hence the reason to make an individual assessment.

BF

I do believe Toby is using estriol cream for systemic effects? After all, I doubt she is applying it to make changes to her fatty areas of the skin (meaning her thighs). I could be wrong though!

Toby wrote:

Since I am on bioidentical hormones now and without doubt am benefiting from the estroil....why let my thighs get the little dab of cream....lets move it to the face, where it is needed! Laughing Thanks to Barefootgirl's trial I tried it. Results...after first night nothing...after second night....a little wow!!!I can tell you that is where some of my estroil cream is going in the future! I realize that these hormone creams are suppose to be put on the fatty parts of the body for slow release reasons but a little on the face surely won't hurt!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |