Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Estriol Cream for the Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I am a longtime reader Very Happy .
Wanded to thank you all for this topic....I have also order from inhouse the purple tube 1%.
I always order my retin A 0,05 there .

Realy have fait in it.
Thanks all for your contribution to this topic about estriol Bad Grin

Diana from the Netherlands
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:14 am      Reply with quote
For now ,I'am realy happy with the oestrial ,put it on after retin A every night .I feeling thigther, and get compliments ?? I am looking so much better . Hm like that Smile ...Now I wonder do I need some progesteron creme.If yes where to order....And how offen. My fav is inhouse pharmecy
But there is no progesteron creme.

Thanks Ladys
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:44 am      Reply with quote
diaan46 wrote:
For now ,I'am realy happy with the oestrial ,put it on after retin A every night .I feeling thigther, and get compliments ?? I am looking so much better . Hm like that Smile ...Now I wonder do I need some progesteron creme.If yes where to order....And how offen. My fav is inhouse pharmecy
But there is no progesteron creme.

Thanks Ladys

Hi Diaan
To order:
iherb.com or vitacost.com

Look for Life flo products. They have a progesterone cream I use as well as an estriol/estradiol blend. I also use DHEA from them - it's great. The directions are on the pack
Progesterone is 3 weeks on - one week off.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank's Sister sweets Smile
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using .3% estriol cream from a compounding pharmacy for a few months. Cost $45 for 30ml jar. I had no idea you could buy it online overseas for far less. I buy my Careprost from inhousepharmacy so I'll have to remember to check for the estriol cream as well. I use it in the morning after I apply my copper peptide serum, SkinSignals from skinbiology.com. Texture of skin is fine but it does nothing for small brown spots.

My gyn uses it on her own face and said it is such a small amount of etriol that it doesn't impact overall hormones at all. I use an estriol patch for my BHRT which is far stronger, as well as ProGest cream or similar two weeks out of the month as part of my BHRT regimen.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:28 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

My gyn uses it on her own face and said it is such a small amount of etriol that it doesn't impact overall hormones at all.

Does it imply that women who are not perimenopausal can use the cream?
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, women who are not perimenopausal OR menopausal may use estriol cream as well. I am neither and I use estriol cream on my face, and have never had it affect my cycles whatsoever.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Yes, women who are not perimenopausal OR menopausal may use estriol cream as well. I am neither and I use estriol cream on my face, and have never had it affect my cycles whatsoever.

EsthelM, which one are you using? Thanks!
Michi30
5% products discount

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies. I just want to ask whether anyone has tried estriol/estradiol cream following dermarolling? I have been researching this heavily. At first I felt that estrogen cream would be the perfect topical due to the increased wound healing and collagen deposition. However I read several studies that indicated that although this is true, estrogen also increases scar formation in the new collagen, presumably through an increase in TGF Beta-1. Contrary to this though, there was a study in 1995 where estriol infusion improved acne scars (which is part of what I'm battling). Just wondering what your experiences are on, if any. I will try the dermarolling thread as well.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine, I purchase mine from In House Pharmacy, it is estriol 1% cream.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Michi30, would you please link to those studies? (Not the 1995 study, which I've read.) Thanks!
Michi30
5% products discount

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm not able to post links yet, but if you Google s-- hormones and wound healing (apparently can't post that word either) it will come up as an article on medscape which has links to studies within it. The whole thing is informative but the part I'm referring to is under estrogen and TFG beta 1 and estrogen and wound healing. So now I'm wondering if this is only an issue with estradiol and not estriol, but can't find an answer to that. Let me know what you think.
havana8

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I think this might be the article you mean:

Sex Hormones and Wound Healing
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/524313_3

Smile
Michi30
5% products discount

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Yes it is! Thank you!
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! Having done that google search, I found a number of studies with the opposite conclusion. To me, it makes sense that estrogen would improve wound healing. That said, I don't apply estriol after a roll, and I'm still seeing positive results in my skin...so perhaps a solution to your concerns would be to use estriol, the weaker estrogen, on the days you don't roll? Estriol should only be applied every other day. It won't hurt to apply it daily, but it isn't necessary as estriol remains active in the skin for about 48 hours.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use estriol cream every morning on my face as a moisturizer over my copper peptides and under sunscreen and makeup.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Does one need progesterone creme as well while using the estriol one?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 am      Reply with quote
No. You only need to worry about using estrogens with progesterone to balance out your "female" system, not for skincare, and those are larger doses generally.
Michi30
5% products discount

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so this is interesting:

Estriol is a metabolic waste product of estradiol metabolism that can still have some effects in a limited number of estrogen receptors. It is formed in the liver and is 8% as potent as estradiol and 14% as potent as estrone. Once estriol is bound to an estrogen receptor, it blocks the stronger estradiol from acting there. Thus it is considered to have both estrogenic and antiestrogenic actions.

So if we are using estriol cream, and it is blocking any action of estradiol, are we doing more harm than good if estradiol is the stronger estrogen? Also, doesn't this render it pointless to use a cream with both estriol and estradiol?
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Michi,
A number of points:
First, the female body produces estrogens in ratios, including estradiol, estriol and estrone. In menopause, estrone is most dominant. In childbearing years, estradiol is most dominant, and in pregnancy there is a rise in estriol...but all three are present in varying ratios during a woman's lifetime. Therefore, estriol naturally attaches to some estrogen receptors. The bigger concern is when women use phytoestrogens, like soy creams, which are much, much weaker estrogenic compounds and which can (and do) occupy estrogen receptors to the woman's detriment. Estriol USP, while plant based and bioidentical by nature, is not a phytoestrogen. That can be confusing to some women.

Estriol is the weakest estrogen, but it is also most prevalent in skin. A 1% estriol cream applied topically is not thought to be systemic, and so it wouldn't affect estrogen receptors outside of the skin, where estriol is the primary estrogen anyway.

However, topical estradiol was also found to be effective on the skin in recent studies, and so you can use estradiol instead if you wish. The only downside was that estradiol caused some skin irritation at onset of use, but nothing more than minor redness and I think it subsided as the study (and usage) progressed.

So, you have an option. Estrone, however should not be used as it won't have the same beneficial effect on skin.
Michi30
5% products discount

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ethel! I guess the premise of my question is really which estrogen is better for skin? If it's estradiol, and I'm blocking the effects of estradiol, then I wouldn't want to do that. I have read the study that suggested women have better skin effects from estriol, however we know that estradiol is necessary to prevent skin again as the reduction in collagen after menopause coincides with the drop in estradiol. I might be overthinking it, I just don't want to screw anything up!
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Michi,
Keep in mind that BOTH estriol and estradiol drop at perimenopause and menopause (and estrone rises), and both estriol and estradiol are involved in maintenance of collagen and elastin levels in the skin. I think both estrogens will work well topically, given the studies I've read. I prefer the weaker estrogen because I am not menopausal. Perhaps a menopausal woman might opt for estradiol if estriol isn't producing sufficient improvement. That said, my understanding is that estriol is the dominant estrogen in the skin.
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I have used OVESTIN from inhouse pharmacy. 3 tubes and I have noticed ...Not so match to face ,use there retino o.o5 .Butt i have so match energy back .and the only reason Ican figure out is the Ovestin? ...How are you all doing ? And progressions you have see/feel.

Thanks

Diaan123
rachaeltowne

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the smoky mountain estriol cream on my face.

I'm 41 and not yet menopausal. However, I had a baby 2 years ago as well as a baby 5 years ago. Up until a week ago I had been continually breastfeeding for 5 years straight!

Breastfeeding puts one into a low estrogen state. A year ago I went a full 9 months without a period. My skin got dry, I developed crow's feet and a bunch of my hair fell out. I've had very little libido for the past few years until recently, which is unusual for me.

My period finally came back a few months ago. I had some hormonal testing when it stopped and it was determined that I'm not even peri-menopausal yet. I simply had no periods because of the breastfeeding.

Anyway, I finally weaned my youngest and it's such a relief.

I started the estriol cream only 2 days ago and my face already looks better! It's plumper and has more of a glow to it. The pores on my nose are already smaller. My lips look a bit fuller. The 2 lines running across my forehead are already not visible unless I scrunch my forehead up. Even my crow's feet, which are still there of course, look a bit better.

I will say that 2 days in, my breasts feel a bit fuller. This is just fine with me, but it makes me think that the estriol is indeed going systemic.
havana8

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I hope you keep us posted on how it's going with the estriol cream, rachaeltowne. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |