Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Estriol Cream for the Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:57 am      Reply with quote
A question to you all, do you use estriol/estradiol cream on the face, although the cream is made to be used on arms? Those creams are intended to deliver estriol to the blood stream, so is it OK to use them on face?
Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Nora, I use Estrogel on my arms since its an alcohol-based gel (1/2 pump daily alternating arms).

On my face I use Dr Dobry's 6 Ingredient Wrinkle Cream containing estradiol (pea sized amount). Its in a cosmetically elegant base and is moisturizing.
http://drdobryrx.com/2012/04/868/

If you prefer an estriol cream for face there is this but it also is Rx only:
http://www.goodpharma.com/face-creams/

There is this article from another HRT doctor re estriol v estradiol. Im on the fence as to which would be better topically for skin benefits, do you know?
http://www.antiaging.com/cyberhealth/CyberHealth_9.htm

I dont use any other HRT.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie, none of those creams is available to public?

fawnie wrote:
Nora, I use Estrogel on my arms since its an alcohol-based gel (1/2 pump daily alternating arms).

On my face I use Dr Dobry's 6 Ingredient Wrinkle Cream containing estradiol (pea sized amount). Its in a cosmetically elegant base and is moisturizing.

There is this article from another HRT doctor re estriol v estradiol. Im on the fence as to which would be better topically for skin benefits, do you know?

nsachs

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Im am an R.H.N Holistic Nutritional Consultant. Based on holistic philosophies, estrogen is PRO-GROWTH. If the the body is given doses of estrogen (i.e. estriol), without opposing progesterone it can accumulate in the body and create problems associated with excess estrogen: swollen breasts, irregular periods, PMS, fibroids, endometriosis, cysts, reduced energy. Is it worth the risk to your health for the sake of vanity??
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie, my understanding from reading various studies is that estradiol for face have shown slightly better results than estriol, so if i had the chance to buy estradiol i would.
On a contrary, when it comes to strogen replacement estriol seems to be with less side-effects so i i am taking estriol.
Nsachs, i fully agree with you, i am taking progesterone as well. I tested for the ration progesterone/estrogen as well as for the metabolites of estrogen before i started taking the hormones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Sunshine, these creams ARE available to the public, but since they contain medications they require a doctor's prescription, at least in USA. You may be able to find a compounding pharmacy where you live that can advise you what the prescription should be written for so that your own doctor can write for it.

Thank you for your concern, nsachs, we are well aware of the need for medical supervision with any medication and of any health benefits/risks.

Thank you Light for your input on estradiol v estriol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:49 am      Reply with quote
If you are using other hormone preparations you should of course check with your doctor, but this is what Joe the RPh says about using the GoodPharma estriol/tretinoin/glycolic cream that he compounds:

"To minimize the risk of systemic hormonal effects, application should be limited to a pea-size amount daily. When used in a published study, this amount did not increase the overall estrogen levels in the body." http://www.goodpharma.com/face-creams/

Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
It's been 2 weeks since I started taking the progesterone and Esrogel and I notice improvement in the neck area skin. Mind you I only applied half a pump on my neck twice during these two weeks.

I think I will be able to distribute it better if I have mixed with moisturizer and apply it to my face too. Did anyone try to use the gel over moisturizer?
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, everyone! I haven't been on the forum in a while, and I've missed you guys! This topic caught my eye and I have some input that might help someone. As some of you know, I'm a breast cancer survivor. My breast cancer was estrogen-receptor positive, which means that I have to avoid most estrogens like the plague. I run everything past my oncologist and get his approval before using anything with hormones in it.

For the past two years, I have been using bio-identical progesterone cream (Emerita Pro-Gest) twice a day and for the past 18 months, at my doctor's suggestion, I have been using Smoky Mountain Minerals Estriol Cream. I use the Estriol every other day since estrogen takes twice as long to leave the body as does progesterone. Estriol is the most benign estrogen that you can use. It is the only estrogen the doctor would allow me to use, and if it's okay for an estrogen-receptor positive breast cancer survivor to use, it's probably a safe and mild form of estrogen for most women. The results that I've obtained from using these two products is undeniable. I went from doing without either hormone for 12 years and suffering because of it to instant and continued relief from the very first time I applied the progesterone cream, and in combination with the estriol, I've fixed everything that needed fixing, and I do mean everything. Laughing There is a radical difference in my looks and my outlook. I feel like myself again in every way and I will never be without either product.

Now, about the facial skin and these hormones, here is my experience. The Smoky Mountain Naturals Estriol is a thick, heavy cream. My skin is normal, neither oily nor dry, although I use retin-a and moisturizers and religiously take care of my skin. The SMN estriol cream would probably be okay for a spot treatment or for someone with very dry skin, but it was too heavy for me to use on my entire face and neck. The Smoky Mountain Naturals Progesterone Cream, however, is another story entirely. It is a light, silky formula and sinks in beautifully. I use it at night, either on top of retin-a, or by itself. In the morning, my skin feels and looks amazing - plump, soft and moisturized. (I initially tried using the Emerita Pro-Gest on my face, but that formula didn't seem to sink in well; it's made to be put on areas containing fat cells, such as the top of the thighs, stomach, etc., and it is such a great product that I continue to use only that as my bioidentical progesterone for the body.)

I absolutely love the SMN Progesterone cream as a face cream. It spreads so well and you don't need much at all. I cannot imagine "overdoing it" (getting too much systemic progesterone) using this cream. As a matter of fact, I tried using it as my bioidentical progesterone product for the body, and it simply wasn't strong enough for me. But as a face cream, it rocks. It comes in a 2-ounce jar and I put about a week's worth in another container to lessen the exposure to air, etc. I am very happy with it, and a great plus is that it only costs around $20. I buy the paraben-free formula. I would recommend this cream to anyone who wants more youthful facial skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham - glad you're back! Thanks for this, I just had a discussion with my Dr last week about trying bioidenticals, so your posting is timely for me.
TheSweetLife
5% products discount

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks jj. I have used Emerita progesterone for a while and just bought SMN progesterone to try for face. In my experience, the Emerita has proven to be a more potent, effective form of progesterone. I have tried other brands and this one works. The Emerita brand was recommended by Dr. Lee who was a pioneer in bioidentical hormone therapies. Your experience as a breast cancer survivor and using estriol was most interesting to me and I hope other women are able to find physicians as savvy as yours. Again thanks for sharing.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I discovered, after inquiring with SMN, that their estriol cream is quite weak, and much weaker than the estriol cream used in the research studies which showed an improvement in skin. I use the estriol cream from InHousePharmacy, which is still weaker than the estriol used in the study, but much closer than SMN. I also think that using a small amount of estradiol gel (like Estrogel) on the face is effective, as long as the alcohol base doesn't cause a reaction to one's skin. Estriol is the weaker estrogen, however, and since it was found to be as effective as estradiol in the study, I think estriol may be the best choice for many women.
TheSweetLife
5% products discount

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
I discovered, after inquiring with SMN, that their estriol cream is quite weak, and much weaker than the estriol cream used in the research studies which showed an improvement in skin. I use the estriol cream from InHousePharmacy, which is still weaker than the estriol used in the study, but much closer than SMN. I also think that using a small amount of estradiol gel (like Estrogel) on the face is effective, as long as the alcohol base doesn't cause a reaction to one's skin. Estriol is the weaker estrogen, however, and since it was found to be as effective as estradiol in the study, I think estriol may be the best choice for many women.

Ethel - do you need a RX to order estriol from InHousePharmacy? Thanks.
TheSweetLife
5% products discount

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
When I read this my understanding was that RussianSunshine meant: Are they available over-the-counter. I"m sure she realized if you were able to get them Fawnie, they were available in some capacity - just a question of Rx vs OTC.

Fawnie - do you use this over your own DIY products?

RussianSunshine wrote:
fawnie, none of those creams is available to public?

fawnie wrote:

ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:

Hi EthelM, are you using the oestriol cream from InHouse? I know that they had a different estriol in the past, but it doesn't look like they offer it now. SMN states that it includes 3mg per 1/4 teas. How much is in the InHouse estriol? Thanks! Estriol/Progesterone supplementation is a subject I've been exploring lately.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:10 am      Reply with quote
The estriol cream from InHousePharmacy , called Ovestin, is 1mg/g, which is stronger than the SMN cream. It still isn't as strong as the estriol cream used in the wrinkle studies, which was .3%, but it is closer. By the way, the estradiol cream used in the study was .01%, and both the estriol and estradiol had similarly good results.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I just checked again, the Ovestin cream is 1% estriol. That is stronger than the estriol cream used in the study. Also, when using estriol, remember it remains in the skin for 48 hours, so use it every other day, not daily.
LatteQueen
5% products discount

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:

I am using SMN for my hotflashes, it reads results shown in 6 months...lord...
but question why is their "estriol" listed as 3 to last ingredient in their products..I so agree with you on it being very weak hence the listing place of estriol ingredient...
can anyone please recommend
1. order a hormone kit?
2. PURE ESTRIOL AND PROGESTERONE CREAM (EVEN if it is listed in the first 5 main ingredients would be alright)
thank you very much..I am seriously, severly suffering from these hotflashes..

5% products discount

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.peak-health-now.com/estriol-cream.html

will this be more efficient to use since the estriol is listed as first?

5% products discount

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
LatteQueen wrote:
http://www.peak-health-now.com/estriol-cream.html

will this be more efficient to use since the estriol is listed as first?

replying to my above posted question....
i emailed and it is not listed as a first ingredient...it is listed towards the end and she responded it has to be because of its strength..then SMN tells me of its low dosage..now wth? who is telling the the truth..

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
wow- havn't been hanging around here for AGES... felt someone familiar in Thesweetlife so went to her profile and checked out some of her postings... this one interested me - (SIS is that you?) anyway - what brought me back was to see if anyone was talking about bioidentical hormones - and look what I found. I love this thread and can't believe it goes back to 2010 and I had no idea. What I now know that I didn't 3 years ago - or even 2 - or 1.....is that without our female hormones -staying youthful is like stemming the tide......Anyway - I finally made the decision to go on bioidentical hormones-(very recently, have barely completed 1 month) and what a difference it has made in my "youthful" expression.... let me make it clear that I am in no way trying to be 20 again...but I noticed 1 year ago that my MC treatments were no longer giving me that "wow" plumped up look...I analyzed everything in my life and concluded that the machine was broken some how... or that my particular biochemistry was no longer compatable.... it wasn't till I missed my period for a few months that I made the connection...hormones!! it really is amazing what the body CANNOT DO without hormones...
this is getting long... but it's been so long...

... a natural thought, as I put the hormones on my\ arm(s) is .... will this help the creepy skin on my underarm? and if it does should I put it on my face.... I honestly cannot say if the arm where I put estrogen (organic estradiol - compounded - in organic coconut oil) is any better than the other...I thought it was, but then I thought, no... but I'm watching and I will report back - because if I'm applying this to un sundamaged skin daily - 2x daily - and there are no results - then, as a topical, it's
ineffective!!

okay, thanks for listening!
xo
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |