Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Estriol Cream for the Face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:11 am      Reply with quote
SisterP- Do you use the Smokey Mountain estriol cream on your face as well?
I just ordered it and am looking forward to trying it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I am going to give these a try..

http://www.biovea.com/au/product_detail.aspx?NAME=PROGESTERONE-CREAM-2.14-oz-70g&PID=1673&OS=202

http://www.biovea.com/au/product_detail.aspx?NAME=ESTRIOL-CARE-with-Natural-Estriol-2-oz-60ml&PID=2438&OS=210

after alot of researching I realised you need both to balance the hormones. I am going to try starting with the lowest dose. Can i put a little of both on my face?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I wear an estrogen (estradiol) patch and over the past several months, I kept forgetting to change it - because my life became very hectic during a recent move.

I noticed chin and neck hair growing in thicker and faster (omg!).

I read somewhere that estriol cream is good for helping with this problem, so for the past several nights, I have been spreading the estriol cream down over my chin and neck and now.... no kidding, already! chin hairs softer, not sprouting, seem like they are wilting...

This after less than a week!

I will add my usual disclaimer that hormones are not to be messed with unless you have already educated yourself. They can cause other problems (potentially serious) if not used properly.

Thanks
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Wow, another night of Estriol cream on my face and neck and another morning of waking up to less chin/neck hair. Hallelujah.

bfg
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl-Now my hubby is growing hair on his ears, wonder if that would work, haha?
I am looking forward to trying the cream. My gyn gave me the okay so we will see!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
This really has me totally confused now, note the part about no systemic absorption concerns? From Antonia's blog.

One reason that facial skin "shrivels" as we age is that our normal hormone production markedly declines. To make matters worse, blood microcirculation to our skin is reduced as we grow older, thereby depriving our skin of the small amount of natural hormones our body still makes.* A large number of published scientific studies reveal that estrogen exerts potent anti-aging effects on the skin*. The topical application of natural estrogen can provide dramatic improvements to the skin without systemic absorption concerns.

I realize that this is an older post, but this describes what has recently been happening to my skin: it seems a little shriveled. And, this is a VERY recent occurrence -- within the last three weeks. I'm noticing wrinkling where I've never had any before: cheeks and lines above my lips.

I know that I'm perimenopausal, but something is changing and I suspect that it's related to hormone levels. I'm very tempted to try the estriol cream on my face!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Annie R,

Yes, I put a very very light amount on the areas that were thin/wrinkled or discolored. I've also started putting a little on the sun damage on my legs and it seems to be helping the skin to soften and the color improve. We'll see how it goes.

In Europe they use estriol (over the counter) for vaginal atrophy and menopausal bladder issues so it's definitely a skin plumper. It's used here for the same purposes by "Naturopaths" and some knowledgable MD's.

Just use very very little and see how it goes. I don't know if all creams are light enough to use on your face?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I've also purchased the estriol cream from Smoky Mountain. I'm definitely going to try it on my face (per Sister P's suggestions) on the areas that have so recently become more "wrinkly."

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Be sure to ALWAYS test for allergies before you put anything on your face. I use the inner arm test for 24 hours and then if no issues feel it's probably safe.

Also, use a VERY VERY SMALL amount to start and I do mean small .. maybe about as much as a large pinhead to see how it goes until your skin and body adjust to the change.

Go SLOWLY for best results in any skin program and change only ONE thing at a time so you'll know what caused your change.

Good luck!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
SisterP wrote:
Be sure to ALWAYS test for allergies before you put anything on your face. I use the inner arm test for 24 hours and then if no issues feel it's probably safe.

Also, use a VERY VERY SMALL amount to start and I do mean small .. maybe about as much as a large pinhead to see how it goes until your skin and body adjust to the change.

Go SLOWLY for best results in any skin program and change only ONE thing at a time so you'll know what caused your change.

Good luck!

Thanks, Sister P!! Smile

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Progesterone also diminishes as we get older and into Perimenopause.

Progesterone can help make your own estrogen more "effective" in your body and keep your skin looking plumper.

"Jerilyn C. Pryor, MD, an endocrinology professor at the University of British Columbia, found through testing that 50 per cent of the women in North America are severely deficient in progesterone by age 35 and that, during the menopausal years, progesterone levels decrease to almost 0% (that's ZERO %) while estrogen levels only decrease by 40 to 60 per cent." and if you're overweight your fat helps produce estrogen.

Lack of Progesterone can cause all kinds of problems, including FACIAL HAIR growth and premature skin aging.

Google it and see all the info. It's quite amazing and makes sense. Especially if you've always had menstrual issues.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Everyone, When, after you wash your face, do you apply estriol cream to your face? Do you do it every day? Thank you. Smile

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I started everyday for a week and now use every other day, after shower/washing my face. Usually a little before bed so it can be absorbed and dry, then "maybe" in the morning before make-up if I think I need it.

Everyone's skin is different. Just go slow and don't use too much, very very little goes a long way and be sure to check for allergies before you use on your face!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, SisterP. So, just so I'm clear, you don't have a fear of systemic absorption?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use Life Flo Estriol Cream and NOW Foods Progestrone cream both from iHerb! Nice products for a great price and really good customer service!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
I use Life Flo Estriol Cream and NOW Foods Progestrone cream both from iHerb! Nice products for a great price and really good customer service!

Starlight,
Are you using the estriol cream on your face? If so, what kind of results have you seen? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Starlight wrote:

Starlight,
Are you using the estriol cream on your face? If so, what kind of results have you seen? Thanks!

Kims: I like both the Estriol and the Progestrone creams. I do use it on my face but not alot. I squeeze 1 pump and put alittle on my face and mostly on stomach or inner arm etc. I have had very good results. Based on all my reading it is recommended that both be used instead one by it self.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
kims wrote:
Starlight wrote:

Starlight,

Kims: I like both the Estriol and the Progestrone creams. I do use it on my face but not alot. I squeeze 1 pump and put alittle on my face and mostly on stomach or inner arm etc. I have had very good results. Based on all my reading it is recommended that both be used instead one by it self.

I've read that as well. Already have progesterone cream. I'm "trialing" to see which works out better for me: 3 weeks on/1 week off or 2 on/2 off.

With the estriol cream, is there a recommended "off" period as well?

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I also have used the Life Flo Estriol from IHerb ---

I had been having increasing sagging and loss of elasticity this past year in my face, due to health issues. In just a few days, I am seeing my old self again. I've always had naturally clear, bright and plump skin which I took for granted before these health issues. What I'd been seeing in the mirror this past year has been really depressing. Even though I've been gluten-free, dairy free, sugar free, and completely organic...tons of pure water and spending TONS of money for this stuff, skin tone and coloring was just awful.

I was also religiously using all the magic tricks that worked miracles in the past...yogurt masks, aloe vera, vitamin E, Rosehip seed oil...all to no avail.

I wish I knew a long time ago that nothing was going to work for me if my hormones were out of whack!

By the way, it all began with an epidural steroid that I scream from the hilltops to AVOID at all costs ...don't let anyone inject anything into your spine...it almost killed me...very scary time. Okay....back to skin talk -

So, in addition to taking Natural Calm Magnesium and Calcium nightly, extra Vitamin C, betaine HCL with my meals to absorb all nutrients, and a food based vitamin (Rainbow Light) I added in Emerita Progesterone and Life Flo Estriol...I use it for hormonal balance and I use it twice a day on my face...in particular in places I want to see more elasticity.

I'm also looking into getting a collagen supplement to take along with hyaluronic acid.

If it were not for Iherb, I could not afford all this stuff. I have a coupon for anyone interested to get 5 bucks off...plus if you spend at least 40 dollars, it's free shipping I believe...or maybe it's 50, not sure.

coupon for Iherb is: PES680

I'm also going to try the Now Brand progesterone since it's lavender scented and has a lot of great reviews and it's only 15 bucks for 3 oz...cheaper than Emerita.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use prescription estriol cream (bio-identical and from an online pharmacy) on my face. I'm not menopausal. I'm in my 40's but no symptoms whatsoever of perimenopause, either. Estriol cream has improved my skin and has not in any way caused systemic issues (periods remain regular, etc.) I don't know if topical application allows it to enter my system, I'm just saying if it does, it hasn't caused problems. For those women with facial hair, MDs often prescribe estriol cream for facial hirsutism, so it's a proven treatment. And, studies show topical estriol will affect wrinkles and collagen production. It's often prescribed for vaginal use, for atrophy---so the same rebuilding mechanism applies in that situation. (Those with facial hair issues may want to avoid topical progesterone, which can increase and coarsen facial hair.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use otc Lifeflo BiEst cream. Eh. Helps a little......
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ethel,

Can you let me know where you got the info on the relationship between topical estriol and progesterone formulas and facial hair?

I would like to read up more on this issue.

Thanks, bfg
SisterP

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've used progesterone cream for almost a year now on my face and other areas since you need to spread it into the skin. No facial hair issues here? actually maybe a little less facial/arm/leg hair but actually thicker shinier stronger scalp hair? I liked the Smokey Mountain Naturals Estriol but no longer need to use the estriol after being on the progesterone for a year. I'm thinking of trying their progesterone because I liked their Estriol so much.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi Ethel,

Can you let me know where you got the info on the relationship between topical estriol and progesterone formulas and facial hair?

I would like to read up more on this issue.

Thanks, bfg

You could either google both topicals (estriol as a treatment for facial hirsutism in women, and progesterone's relationship to androgenic hair loss/AGA in women.) Progesterone converts to testosterone, which can convert to DHT. (Note that DHEA, another popular supplement, also does this.) ALSO, note that progesterone stores in adipose tissue very easily and can cause ongoing androgenic symptoms well after cessation of use., if topically applied to a "fat store" area (such as abdomen, etc.)
This info shouldn't be difficult to locate, as it's rather well established research.
SisterP

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
As with all things, More of a good thing is NOT necessarily better.

I stick to the 20-30 mg of Progesterone daily and apply only to thin skin areas. If you "go crazy" you will cause the excess and possible problems. Since I don't "go crazy" I'm experiencing the benefit of Progesterone and it's blocking of the Androgen effect.

Estriol should also be used properly and in moderation. If Estriol is used everyday, the skin can become saturated and a decrease in effect seen.

Read Dr. Lee's book on balancing. There are many on the market to help you. Also consult a physician who uses Bioidentical Hormone Replacement.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |