Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eye Color Lightening????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. I really consider the avaliable information on EDS website about this topic to open a new one.

There is some unformal information on the web that you can lighen your eye color (IRIS) just like you now can ligheting your skin color.

There's an eye drops from a website called
ISIS cosmeceuticals
That sells thi product of alfa-arbutin (used for skin lightening), for eye color lightening.

http://www.isis-cosmeceuticals.com/

What do you think about this? is it biologically possible? does eye color formed from melamin too?

There are some post of people who says that works but in 6 months.

NOTE: Please do not waste your time with IRO http://www.iroeyes.com/ EYEs adds, on youtube and in the web.. is FAKE.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know anything about this product but when it refers to 'ligtening' of the iris, it doesn't mean you can make your eyes go from brown to blue. It means that (if it does indeed work) your eyes may, for example, go from a dark brown to a lighter brown.

Per Wikipedia:

It is a common misconception that the iris color is entirely due to its melanin pigment; this varies only from brown to black.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
I don't know anything about this product but when it refers to 'ligtening' of the iris, it doesn't mean you can make your eyes go from brown to blue. It means that (if it does indeed work) your eyes may, for example, go from a dark brown to a lighter brown.

Per Wikipedia:

It is a common misconception that the iris color is entirely due to its melanin pigment; this varies only from brown to black.

Well even if it turned my brown eyes blue (yes I realize it can't) no way no how would I risk it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Personally, I would be terrified of using anything in my eyes that could actually change the colour of them.

My eyes get red easily at the best of times - flourescent lights make them a lovely road map of red lines ... there is no way I would ever chance putting drops to actually change the colour.

If you really wanted to change the colour of your eyes, I'd use coloured contacts - at least they can be taken out !!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Personally, I would be terrified of using anything in my eyes that could actually change the colour of them.

My eyes get red easily at the best of times - flourescent lights make them a lovely road map of red lines ... there is no way I would ever chance putting drops to actually change the colour.

If you really wanted to change the colour of your eyes, I'd use coloured contacts - at least they can be taken out !!

OMG Do we share some genetics here? Everything irritates my eyes, even most eye creams and face cream with fragrance!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Me too !

My eyes are a blue/green colour. When they get irritated, they get really light coloured - normally green. As pretty as the light colour is, it is ALWAYS accompanied by red lines.

I'm really making a conscious effort to be more gentle with them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Me too !

My eyes are a blue/green colour. When they get irritated, they get really light coloured - normally green. As pretty as the light colour is, it is ALWAYS accompanied by red lines.

I'm really making a conscious effort to be more gentle with them.

I love green eyes! Mine are almost black so I get a gorgeous black, white and red! Remind you of the kids joke? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like an intersting idea.
But what if you get bored of the colour and want your eye original colour back?

Also would not want to mess with something like that in your eyes.
what if it makes your vision worse?

There has always been a way or changing your eye colour...it's called contact lenses,lol Smile

You can get almost any colour-even non prescription and you can even order them online,even prescription ones without a actual doctor paper thesedays.
(I do that,but already have a recent prescription for a real doctor I see every year or 2).

This way I can change my eye colour every day if i want to. I do need actual presciption lenses, so sometimes I just get colored ones.
Don't really need them, but the price online is better than the optician.

The mall optician I go to for glasses- they charge $80 a box for freshlook.
Online I pay $28 per box of 6 lenses.

-non-prescription ones are much cheaper, my sister used to get those.
My regular contact lenses in clear/no colour I pay around $18 a box online (at the mall optician it is $40+).

So far I've tried Freshlook in every colour (over the years that is) in blue,purple, green,bright green,light brown, Freshlook radiance.

I just ordered the Grey freshlook-hopefully those are not too weird.
Only problem with the bright shades is I've had some people who see me around walk up to me and say "that is not your real eye colour", you look like you have "cat eyes",lol.

If I didnot need vision correction I'm sure I would not be bothering with colored conacts very often-even though they are fun and useful.

I get them from Clearlycontacts and they have all these different designs for non-prescription lenses..like haloween,special effects.
I do not wantto try those,but they look neat.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I love green eyes! Mine are almost black so I get a gorgeous black, white and red! Remind you of the kids joke? Laughing

DM, you're very hot right now - vampires are the in thing !!! Laughing

Ottawa Shopper, I used to wear coloured contacts in high school. They were fun. I like the colours they have out right now much better though. They are much more natural looking. I look back at pictures (20+yrs ago) and my oh my ... my eyes were acqua coloured - nothing natural looking about those babies !!! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
The colored contacts look really odd on my dark eyes!
If only they looked hot! Bad Grin

5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I agree! its like when you see asian people with baby blue or green eyes! (i'm asian.. and i've seen my fair share of friends experimenting!) still do a double take everytime i see that Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
krystile wrote:
I agree! its like when you see asian people with baby blue or green eyes! (i'm asian.. and i've seen my fair share of friends experimenting!) still do a double take everytime i see that Laughing

I have seen that where I live and I don't want to be rude, yet I do a double take on that too! Embarassed Laughing

I also know with my coloring it would have people staring at me, plus they don't truly look the correct color as my eyes are so super dark!

5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I know! But i just can't help it Laughing

I'm with you on that. I have dark hair and eyes and would look quite strange with any other coloured eyes but mine (which is a very dark brown)
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
krystile wrote:
I know! But i just can't help it Laughing

I'm with you on that. I have dark hair and eyes and would look quite strange with any other coloured eyes but mine (which is a very dark brown)

I'm in the same boat... i have dark hair and eyes. So i simply i cannot use conctact lenses, not blue, or green (i would look ridiculous), and i hate them because it looks so damn fake. you can see the pixels printed in the fake iris of a contact lenses.

So, i think that if i would change my color, it would be light brown.and considering that melanin is the pigment responsible for brown color in the iris, i think this alpha-arbutin eye drops it work.. and for obvious reasons you cannot use Hydroquinone or mequinol at any %.

disagree?

5% products discount

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Theoretically on paper, it would appear to work however I would still be very very cautious about putting substances into my eyes though! it doesnt appear that there is much testing around the side effects of alpha arbutin when used in eyes although I am aware that it is not an uncommon ingredient used in skin lightening products.

If you were to go ahead with it, I would suggest doing thorough research first as you only have one set of eyes to last you a life time! melanin does determine the colour of your iris to a large extent but it is not the only determinant... factors such as light absorption, and distribution and density of the iris fibers also contribute to determining eye colour

here's a few threads which I found on the web on discussion by ppl who "appears" to have tried out the products... i say "appears" to as there were accusations around how they were actually the manufacturers who were posting these ... depends on how cycnical you want to be about the posts....

aclens.com/forums/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=1&tid=23251&page=6
aclens.com/contact_lens_forums/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=1&tid=10465&page=40
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about the reviews, but I agree I only have one set of eyes and am very cautious about what goes in them and this would concern me way too much!
I have after all these years learned to just love the color nature gave me and happily live with my almost black eyes! Laughing
The only thing I would change is the sensitivity level of them, it's ridiculous!!! Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I agree Darkmoon.... i thought it was a bit unconvincing too.....i think there's a lot of talk generated by ppl trying to sell the product, but no real evidence that it does any good or whether it is harmful or not!

you could go round wearing sunglasses that way it is well protected! Laughing and you could look cool too... you know.. the sunglasses indoor/no sun look.... Wink
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
thought i would share...
asian with blue eyes. i love his hat... need one of those!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Leave it to you little Asian Baby Doll! Laughing

No offense was intended just sometimes the contacts look so fake and just off llina. I can't wear even those specially made for dark eyes, they just don't look right! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Leave it to you little Asian Baby Doll! Laughing

No offense was intended just sometimes the contacts look so fake and just off llina. I can't wear even those specially made for dark eyes, they just don't look right! Rolling Eyes

yah yah...just wanted to post his pic... he's a cutie... and i love his hat.

me too, i can't wear coloured contacts neither. they don't sit right and i end up blind and bumping into walls.

besides, its not the colour of the eye...but what resonates in them.

sorry... to stay on topic... has anyone used the isis eye product?

kisses everyone!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
You crack me up, bumping into walls!

He is attractive and his blue eyes look real!

I don't think anyone on EDS has tried it yet, and I won't be the lab rat! Bad Grin Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
While I haven't tried this product, in my research efforts I did find alot of anectodal information regarding peoples' eye color changing as a result of cleansing diets. You may want to check that out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I SO would not do that even if they paid me!!

Seriously, the 2nd thing that I thought about was...how the hell do they know this works? Did they test on some poor lab rats? How many times until it "worked" for them!?! Ugh. Animal cruelty.

Agreed...contacts is the way to go...who's to say that you're not going to regret your crazy colour choice when your 60/70/80 years old??
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
I SO would not do that even if they paid me!!

Seriously, the 2nd thing that I thought about was...how the hell do they know this works? Did they test on some poor lab rats? How many times until it "worked" for them!?! Ugh. Animal cruelty.

Agreed...contacts is the way to go...who's to say that you're not going to regret your crazy colour choice when your 60/70/80 years old??

I think it's totally insane and if contacts don't cut it just enjoy your natural color and your vision! I really find it hard to believe it's a safe thing to use!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
He is attractive and his blue eyes look real!

I agree. Could have fooled me that they were real. I have seen asian wearing colored contacts that were blue and they came out like ghost color whitish, very yucky. His eye color looks real. Good job.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |