Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eye Color Lightening????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks for this superdogg,

I was also thinking of trying licorice, but wasn't sure how to formulate it, as some say it's hard to dissolve. Could you perhaps open a capsule (from the supplement form) and dissolve it?

thanks again

Jackie xx
l0rrie
5% products discount

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Hmm capsules probably have too much other stuff as fillers.. Perhaps you can try to make it on your own with licorice.. You can get it at any asian supermarkt.. I see a lot at indian stores..

Good luck!
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Well they sell licorice extract here liquid for skin lightening cheap http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Skin-Lightening-Agents-c36/
Lovelessd

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have been visiting a few forums. Have not heard any bad news from anyone that has tried either method. I do feel that there is a dire need for more testimonials on this matter. I will began using the arbutin drops and post weekly.
Lovelessd

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I got my iris lightening kit today. It was well packaged everything was super sealed air tight, which I was glad to see. The directions say to prep the eyes with MSM only for the first 24 hrs. I am doing so now. These MSM drops...omg...let me tell u. They initially sting like a mofo! Then the stinging is followed by a nice soothing feeling. After putting the drops in my right eye I noticed the pupil and iris were larger than that of the left eye and it felt so OPEN. Then after applying MSM to the left eye both eyes immediately appeared larger and more sparkly. Interesting experience for day one. WIll keep you posted.
paulspnao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:57 am      Reply with quote
This way I can change my eye color every day if i want to. I do need actual prescription lenses, so sometimes I just get colored ones. Don't really need them, but the price online is better than the optician. If you were to go ahead with it, I would suggest doing thorough research first as you only have one set of eyes to last you a life time! Melanin does determine the color of your iris to a large extent but it is not the only determinant... factors such as light absorption, and distribution and density of the iris fibers also contribute to determining eye color. Thanks for sharing. Rolling Eyes
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
This has to be one of the most bizarre topics I have ever seen here on EDS.

I think another factor in eye color is deposits of fat that make the blue look greener.

My eyes have outward-going streaks of blue and yellow -- like a sun with a black/brown center and a dark-slate-blue ring around the whole thing. If anybody here knows tricks for making eyes clearer and less cloudy (and I mean the iris, not the whites), I will be very interested.

One big blessing with very dark irises is that you can use eyelash serums so much more freely without wondering what might happen to your eyecolor!
minze
5% products discount

Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates? This is fascinating.
Island Girl

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I'm glad to be here.

I've been reading through your posts on eye lightening and I find it facinating. I would like to try this myself. My eyes are medium brown and I would like to lighten them. I wonder if anyone can be specific on the measurements and mixtures of these ingredients. Regarding the honey - what brand should I purchase? Can I use raw honey or not? Should I boil the Chamomile tea in distilled water or regular tap water? How much honey (tsp., oz, tblsp) should I mix with what amount of water (oz., tsp, tblsp)? How many drops should I put in my eyes per day?

I am interested in the honey solution as someone mentioned in their post about the soothing effect of the honey solution in the eyes. I am on the computer 5 to 8 hrs. a day and by the time I sign off my eyes are stinging, red, tired and hurting. I wake up the next morning with my eyes still red and burning....and get back on the computer for another 8 hrs. So it's a vicious cycle. Would appreciate any help you can give. What I really need are the exact measurements so I can do this correctly.

I'd also like to know if I can buy MSM in the liquid form as opposed to DIY. Can I use the MSM drops at the same time I am using the honey solution? I am not interested in using Arbutin. I might also like to try the licorice solution. Thank you in advance. Will keep checking back for any replies.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:26 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Time2Bme wrote:
Me too !

My eyes are a blue/green colour. When they get irritated, they get really light coloured - normally green. As pretty as the light colour is, it is ALWAYS accompanied by red lines.

I'm really making a conscious effort to be more gentle with them.

I love green eyes! Mine are almost black so I get a gorgeous black, white and red! Remind you of the kids joke? Laughing

green eyes are very good looking !`
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I love green and blue eyes, but I got brown eyes. Colour lense can change the colour what I want.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ishmira, I would like to see your transformation from beginning to end. I'm interested in lightening my iris.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:00 am      Reply with quote
First time to hear about this lightening of the iris and I am intrigued too. But I would be very cautious with this.

I have dark brown eyes and if I want to lighten my iris, I will just buy blue contact lenses or a different shade to suit my personality just for fun. There are a lot to choose from, and the contact lenses look "natural" too.

For those people who had experience with this, would you please post before and after pictures?
lolitafrancepower

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:59 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Adrianna B. wrote:
I found out about this iris lightener from a google search and this forum, amongst several, came up. I was only looking for some actual reviews on here but didn't,until much later.I have been lurking around this forum for a little while and I have seen some very immature and unfair behavior going on so I decided not to join. The only reason I'm posting now is to give my review and that's it. I'm not going to further discuss the topic (so don't bother quoting my post) and I'm definitely NOT going to debate with people here.

I bought the kit and I have been using it for exactly 20 days and my eye color is lighter and my vision is fine. What I first noticed is my eyes were very relaxed and soothed the first day of use. I stare at a computer screen most of the day so I experience a lot of eye strain. I guess I can attribute this relief to the msm eye drops portion.

The level of lightness I can't determine, as in stating how many shades lighter. All I know is I couldn't see my pupil before, and now I can clearly see it. My eyecolor was so dark that my pupils and irises looked the same color. This progress has made me more confident in the product so I've ordered another kit along with their chamomile and honey eye drops. I don't have a goal I just want a nice light brown eye color that goes with my skin tone.

I also don't see what the big argument is about. Vitamin & herbal remedy stores sell chamomile tea eye washes and uva ursi tea (which has 20% arbutin) is used to treat wounds,infections,eye washes,and drank to treat urinary tract infections. This the only reason I even first considered trying any of these products. Now if they were talking about putting HQ or something harsh in the eye drops I would have ran in the other direction.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Adrianna. I'm personally not interested in the lightening aspects as my eye colour is already naturally very light but I am very interested in your comments on the MSM drops leaving your eyes soothed and relaxed. I have been undecided about ordering some from another brand but I'm definitely going to order some now. Good luck with your lightening efforts. I hope you come back and let us know how you make out with the chamomile and honey drops. Welcome to the forum. wave
hello adriana thank you for sharing your expirience now i am interested in buying it , the eye drop that lightened your eyes and made your pupil show can you tell me what eye drop it is and if it is the msm can you tell me what type is it ? and if it is suitable for 16 year old ? thank you ,, im sad since i have dark brown eye i want it hazelish

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I am also using this type coloring in my college life but my skin affected,
I think these product is good one for coloring. ok i will try
glowflower

Thu May 07, 2015 11:25 am      Reply with quote
so... so far we have: msm, alpha arbutin (uva ursi leaves), licorice, honey, lemon juice, lime juice, and chamomile. all of these things can be used to lighten your eyes. However, only people with medium to light eyes will see big results (as far as I have heard so far). Msm is said to make the eye more capable of absorbing nutrients, it softens the clear lens over the eye ( I wish I could site my sources but frankly I'm lazy... an this is not a professional paper or anything like that). So I can imagine that to get the fastest results you would need to use msm drops first and then one of the other drops (I would put 10 min in-between the two). IDK how safe any of this is! but I would assume the safest method to try ( in my opinion)would be msm and then honey. Sterilize everything and Use distilled water! The cleaner and simpler the components of the water the more likely you will get the chemical reaction your looking for.

right now I am using eyebright drops that contain msm ( I'm a little scared the the vitamin c in the other ingredients 'grapefruit see extract and apple cider vinegar' might oxidize and make my eyes darker but we will see) and uva ursi tea made into a bearable drop.

My eyes are a light brown color. I want to make them lighter brown or hazel if possible. I'm going to try to take pictures with a color strip that is close to my original eyecolor next to my eye(so regardless of lighting you can see if they have gotten lighter).

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |