Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eye Color Lightening????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
is this meant to put in the eyes? I am sorry to say this but I dont think that diana yvonne in her right mind should make eye drops containing kojic acid!!!

sally565 wrote:

Theres a skin serum available over at diana yvonne and the ingredients are: Distilled water, Seaweed extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Wildberry Extract and Kojic Acid. Is this too risky for the eyes? I think its sterile, the only dangerous thing would be the Kojic acid, seen as though it is an acid.

I know this is so crazy but I've wondered about it for a couple of years, just thought i would put it out there seen as though its related. Wanted to know your guys opinions....
havana8

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Adrianna B. wrote:
I found out about this iris lightener from a google search and this forum, amongst several, came up. I was only looking for some actual reviews on here but didn't,until much later.I have been lurking around this forum for a little while and I have seen some very immature and unfair behavior going on so I decided not to join. The only reason I'm posting now is to give my review and that's it. I'm not going to further discuss the topic (so don't bother quoting my post) and I'm definitely NOT going to debate with people here.

I bought the kit and I have been using it for exactly 20 days and my eye color is lighter and my vision is fine. What I first noticed is my eyes were very relaxed and soothed the first day of use. I stare at a computer screen most of the day so I experience a lot of eye strain. I guess I can attribute this relief to the msm eye drops portion.

The level of lightness I can't determine, as in stating how many shades lighter. All I know is I couldn't see my pupil before, and now I can clearly see it. My eyecolor was so dark that my pupils and irises looked the same color. This progress has made me more confident in the product so I've ordered another kit along with their chamomile and honey eye drops. I don't have a goal I just want a nice light brown eye color that goes with my skin tone.

I also don't see what the big argument is about. Vitamin & herbal remedy stores sell chamomile tea eye washes and uva ursi tea (which has 20% arbutin) is used to treat wounds,infections,eye washes,and drank to treat urinary tract infections. This the only reason I even first considered trying any of these products. Now if they were talking about putting HQ or something harsh in the eye drops I would have ran in the other direction.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Adrianna. I'm personally not interested in the lightening aspects as my eye colour is already naturally very light but I am very interested in your comments on the MSM drops leaving your eyes soothed and relaxed. I have been undecided about ordering some from another brand but I'm definitely going to order some now. Good luck with your lightening efforts. I hope you come back and let us know how you make out with the chamomile and honey drops. Welcome to the forum. wave
havana8

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
sally565, is this the product you mean?

A Skin lightening with Wildberry Extract and Kojic Acid
http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/CSP84/Wildberry-Kojic-Acid-1-oz.html
Adrianna Bee

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:38 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience, Adrianna. I'm personally not interested in the lightening aspects as my eye colour is already naturally very light but I am very interested in your comments on the MSM drops leaving your eyes soothed and relaxed. I have been undecided about ordering some from another brand but I'm definitely going to order some now. Good luck with your lightening efforts. I hope you come back and let us know how you make out with the chamomile and honey drops. Welcome to the forum. wave

Hello.Sorry for the name change but it said i posted to many times today when in actually the post never went though because they said there was a url in my text. Well anyway, my progress is coming along fine I have even turned a few people on to iris lightening in general. I found several forums where people are using some sort of iris lightener. This is an amazing & intriguing subject! We are truly at the forefront of this new discovery.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
This is a little OT, sorry...I read years ago that you can brighten/lighten eyes with something called the Liver Cleanse. I did one way back in my 20s and had special drops (don't ask me what they were, can't remember) I took to soften gallbladder stones and drank apple juice for several days before flushing it all out with half a cup of olive oil. My eyes did look brighter afterwards, maybe a little more blue green than hazel.

http://curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1124705

There are various flushes all over the Internet.
Iceland121

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Post after post and still no evidence or any before and after pics whatsoever.

I think all these people posting here saying how great the results are a bunch of crooks who work for Isis or just people with no lives.

I'll definitely not buy anything until I see evidence for it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:05 am      Reply with quote
I totally against changing eye color by using eyedrop. They may be dangerous.

Please use color contact lens. they are much safer. I am using

http://www.acuvue.com/products-acuvue-2-colours.htm

they are in good quality
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I always thought light eyes were a bit spooky.

http://www.tvrage.com/person/id-25959/Meg+Foster
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
WOW....

I started this topic a couple a moths ago...There is a lot of time since i don't get into it.

there is a LOT of responses... some interesting.. some not so much Laughing
But well... anyone has right to expreses themselves.
I would like to talk about of my initial research of this topic... as you well know all the sience about how iris lightening work I will skip that.

I started 2 months ago with my iris lightening routine. I did not bought the ISIS cosmeceuticals KIT.. why?... they are too rough and disrecpefull about customer assisstance and Their products are waay too expensive and pretty dodgy.

For that Reason I prepared my self the products, (dont worry I'm scientist and I got access to pure high quality raw compounds and I realize all the sterile condition preparation procedures)

I'm using a 10% alpha-arbutin and MSM eye drops prepared at 500mg in 15ml distilled water.

I personally recomend prepare yourself the MSM drops since de ISIS MSM drop are very low concentration, and MSM could really speed up the process.

I use the same concentration of Alpha arbutin since over 10% would not have significant improvement.

About results.....

I can say that... I can notice the change of color... but it still almost unnoticeable.. (2 moths)

My routine is:

Apply MSM 2 drops each eye.. wait 5 minutes to absorption, and then apply Arbutin 2 drops each eye. All this 3 times a day: morning, afternoon, before bed.

I would like to update pics but as someone said, privacy is privacy.. if anyone want to see it... PM is needed.

You can order from this website (not add intended):

MSM: purebulk dot com $6.75 250g
Alpha-arbutin: makingcosmetics dot com $19.50 10g

The MSM 250g is waaay too much that what you need.. so one package would last forever.. about 500 bottles prepared of MSM drops!!!..

And arbutin 10g would last for about 4-5 bottles.

BTW, these products complies with the purity needed for an sterile eye preparation.

Do you still wanna buy ISIS iris lightening kit?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi portland,

could you give us a bit more detail about how you prepare this solution? I actually have an unopened bottle of MSM eyedrops, could the alpha arbutin be added to them?

Also, the MSM you mention, is this the same kind you would take as a supplement?

thanks

Jackie xx
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi portland,

could you give us a bit more detail about how you prepare this solution? I actually have an unopened bottle of MSM eyedrops, could the alpha arbutin be added to them?

Also, the MSM you mention, is this the same kind you would take as a supplement?

thanks

Jackie xx

Hi jackie!
The solution is prepared this way:

1.5g of Alpha-arbutin 99.6% powder diluted on 15ml.. that is a solution of 10% alpha-arbutin, that ussually last about 20 days, using it 3 times a day. But even if you don't spent all the bottle on 20 days.. I recomend you to drop it anyway, for preventing any eye infection. For most careufully the preparation was, you are always manipulating the bottle and it gets one way or another contaminated.

MSM drops (the ISIS MSM drops are 125mg on 15ml)I prepare 500mg on 15ml, for improve tissue penetration. You can use the MSM drops that you have, and when its empty you can prepare a new one.

Yes, the same MSM for eye drops also can be used on dietary suplement. There is no chemical difference since it's a natural compound in biologic organisms.
But Be carefull THERE ARE SOME MSM dietary SUPLEMENT THAT HAVE ANOTHER COMPOUNDS.
So Beware that you just need only Pure MSM powder. Purebulk has pure MSM powder for any biologic purposes. In fact, I use it in the lab for cell cultures.

The cleaning protocol:

Asuming that you will prepare this in your own home (not lab). You MUST work with sterile gloves and on a ethanol cleaned surface. The bottle and all the material for preparation (stirring stick, glasses, storage bottle, etc) MUST be incubated on boiling water for at least 15 minutes), and then incubated for 10 min on ethyl alcohol 95%.
Then put it on a cleaned surface, let it dry alone. Don't use a towel or anything, this could lead particles on the solution.

Then just prepare at room temperature.

By the way YOU CANNOT MIX MSM AND ALPHA-ARBUTIN. You could affect storage and stability of alpha arbutin. you must prepare it separated.

I read in other forums that some people prepare it using saline solutions, that is for protecting the eye in terms of pH, but.. using distilled water you should not have any problems, even more, due to is an hipotonic solution, absorption will be improved.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
many thanks for this portland,

Jackie xx
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:00 am      Reply with quote
arbutin turn into hydroquinone in the body so possibly cause cancer.

Licorice is a safer better and stronger action than arbutin.

I am going to use honey instead cause read that quite afew people who have used it have had their eyes lightened.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi superdogg,

how would licorice be used in an eye drop, - just in the powder form?

Jackie xx
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Well they have licorice drop but i don't know if that would work or be safe. One thing you must remember this isn't your skin, these are your eyes. And you only have two eyes for the rest of your life.

I would start off using honey
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:48 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Well they have licorice drop but i don't know if that would work or be safe. One thing you must remember this isn't your skin, these are your eyes. And you only have two eyes for the rest of your life.

I would start off using honey

Licorice has alpha-arbutin and beta arbutin.. so so you can see it is the same, the only difference is the concentration...

But well.. it is your desition.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Licorice doesn't contain arbutin. Licorice main active ingredient for skin lightening is Glycyrrhiza glabra (Glabridin). You have to read information carefully online.

Arbutin comes from a different plant.

Here the chemical make up of Licorice

CHEMICAL CONSTITUENTS OF LICORICE

The major active component of Licorice is saponin known as glycyrrhizin, also known as glycyrrhizic acid, which is an extremely sweet, foaming triterpene glycoside. It has a similar structure and activity as the adrenal steroids. Glycrrhizin, the potassium and calcium salt of glycyrrhizinic acid, is 50 times sweeter than sucrose and encourages the production of hormones such as hydrocortisone. Diabetic patients can safely take this type of sugar. Glycyrrhiza consists mainly of 20% starch, up to 6.5% glucose, 2 - 4% asparagines, 8% fat, resins, mannitol, gum protein, a trace of tannin, .03% volatile oils, bitter principles and other constituents

Licorice Glabridin

Japanese scientist found that the plant licorice contained a certain compound which has strong hyperpigmentation fading properties. The skin lightening agent is called Glbridin a which comes from an extract of Licorice. The plant is native from the Mediterranean, China and Europe parts of the world. The parts used for skincare and herbal remedies are the stems and dried roots of the licorice plant.

Licorice skin whitening/lightening

Glabridin works by inhibiting the tyosinase activity of melanocoytes. So producing a skin whitening lightening affect when used on the skin

Arbutin

Arbutin also known as Uva Ursi and bearberry extract is both an ether and a glycoside; a glycosylated hydroquinone extracted from bearberry plant in the genus Arctostaphylos. It inhibits tyrosinase and thus prevents the formation of melanin. Arbutin is therefore used as a skin-lightening agent. Arbutin is found in wheat, and is concentrated in pear skins. It is also found in Bergenia crassifolia[1].

Arbutin is glucosylated hydroquinone,[3] and may carry similar cancer risks,[4] although there are also claims that arbutin reduces cancer risk.[5] The German Institute of Food Research in Potsdam found that intestinal bacteria can transform arbutin into hydroquinone, which creates an environment favourable for intestinal cancer. It is known that the body excretes 64-75% of arbutin in urine, and arbutin converted to hydroquinone has an antibacterial effect in the urinary tract, hence the use of bearberry in herbal medicine, but it is not known why this substance plays a role in cancer development. it also has an antiglycation activity[b]
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Portland I looked at the iris company I can see why you stopped using their products. Looks expensive and dodgy.

There is a thread with people who have been using honey. Who had good results from dark brown to hazel at most green. I am glad, I found your thread cause it has got me started on this journey and I wear green color contacts.... But seriously try buy the licorice extract drops, most have 20% alcohol so would be best to dilute it down to 10% with distilled water.

But first i am starting off with honey as it is cheaper.

Some people say urine works quicker, but how I don't know why it works....If i did do that, I would *cough* boil it first to kill germs lol....

But i haven't ruled out using arbutin, just very cautious about it. Let me know ur results portland.

I will keep you updated on the honey.

Here is a thread that started afew years ago, long read but has a lot of information on honey lightening the iris

http://www.maybenow.com/Does-honey-really-lighten-the-color-of-your-eyes-without-wearing-colored-contacts-q6653494
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

i've seen some other eye drops that contain DMSO instead of MSM. Apparently it works in a similar way to MSM. I suffer from severe water retention with MSM, and this includes the eye drops (as bizarre as that sounds), - so it would be great to find an alternative,

Jackie xx
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
been 3 days using honey + chamomile.... eyes are litgher in the sense my iris and pupil were hard to tell apart now it just looks dark brown with pupil showing.
l0rrie
5% products discount

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Any more updates? Anyone?
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Well my eyes were almost black but everyday now they seem lighter. I can't believe something simple as honey would work. To me when i look at my eyes now even tho it has been 4 days, it looks like i am wearing contacts. They don't look like my eyes!!! What makes me happy is, the colour seems to have olive brown color to it! I think I have green pigments underneath whether i get to light brown/ hazel or green. I will be happy Smile
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi superdogg,

are you only using honey and chamomile? what ratio do you use?

many many thanks

Jackie xx
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:32 am      Reply with quote
1:4 honey/water ....From hair lightening forums i hear its best to leave it for an hour before the hydrogen peroxide is released.

You could bould buy your own arbutin + msm, works for some people. But I want to use Licorice before I use arbutin.

I get the feeling honey will lighten my eyes only up to a certain point and then will need to use something else.
l0rrie
5% products discount

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Gee, superdog that's amazing congrats and Im happy for you.. How dark were your eyes.. Im thinking of giving it a try just for fun haha.. Mines are almost black lol..

Keep us posted please and good luck!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |