Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Eye Color Lightening????

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 1237
Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
those are his REAL eyes!

just as these other individuals. their eyes are REAL.


Image

Image

Image

Image

i especially like the little boy with green eyes. he's adorable! he and i share the same eyebrows and lashes, naturally. thank god for revitalash! Laughing

_________________
to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Ishmira
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
I SO would not do that even if they paid me!!

Seriously, the 2nd thing that I thought about was...how the hell do they know this works? Did they test on some poor lab rats? How many times until it "worked" for them!?! Ugh. Animal cruelty.

Agreed...contacts is the way to go...who's to say that you're not going to regret your crazy colour choice when your 60/70/80 years old??


I have used this iris lightening kit for 4 and a half weeks & I have had no side effects at all. I have had great results so far & my vision seems even better than it was before especially at night. I get off work at night & have a long drive home so I have definitely noticed a difference. The lightening kit comes with the arbutin drops & a few bottles of MSM drops. Iíll also be trying their chamomile & honey drops whenever they start selling it. Now I donít expect to get Aishwaryaís color but Iím sure going to try to get as light as hers.

It's real easy for you people to say what works & what doesn't when you haven't experienced or even researched it for yourself. Even easier for you all to judge and tell people to "Be happy with your real eye color and wear contact lenses". Itís not about being happy or unhappy with our natural eye color, at least not for everyone. Itís my choice and itís what I want to do.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 1237
Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Ishmira wrote:
puglove wrote:
I SO would not do that even if they paid me!!

Seriously, the 2nd thing that I thought about was...how the hell do they know this works? Did they test on some poor lab rats? How many times until it "worked" for them!?! Ugh. Animal cruelty.

Agreed...contacts is the way to go...who's to say that you're not going to regret your crazy colour choice when your 60/70/80 years old??


I have used this iris lightening kit for 4 and a half weeks & I have had no side effects at all. I have had great results so far & my vision seems even better than it was before especially at night. I get off work at night & have a long drive home so I have definitely noticed a difference. The lightening kit comes with the arbutin drops & a few bottles of MSM drops. Iíll also be trying their chamomile & honey drops whenever they start selling it. Now I donít expect to get Aishwaryaís color but Iím sure going to try to get as light as hers.

It's real easy for you people to say what works & what doesn't when you haven't experienced or even researched it for yourself. Even easier for you all to judge and tell people to "Be happy with your real eye color and wear contact lenses". Itís not about being happy or unhappy with our natural eye color, at least not for everyone. Itís my choice and itís what I want to do.


hi Ishmira!
thanks for the update. i didn't know anyone was trying it yet. this is soooo exciting! please keep us all updated... i'm dying to try it now!!! in all honesty, i would jump at the chance to try the isis...but i'm using a bunch of stuff now (lash enhancement).. so it will have to wait awhile. do let me know your progress though. if you're uncomfortable posting it on this thread, then just pm me. Wink i'm sure there are many silent 'lurkers' that are very interested in this thread.

try not get too upset about any negative comments. try to ignore them. i know how you feel. Rolling Eyes that's why i don't come to the forum often.
take care!
lina

_________________
to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
portland
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 67
Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Ishmira wrote:
puglove wrote:
I SO would not do that even if they paid me!!

Seriously, the 2nd thing that I thought about was...how the hell do they know this works? Did they test on some poor lab rats? How many times until it "worked" for them!?! Ugh. Animal cruelty.

Agreed...contacts is the way to go...who's to say that you're not going to regret your crazy colour choice when your 60/70/80 years old??


I have used this iris lightening kit for 4 and a half weeks & I have had no side effects at all. I have had great results so far & my vision seems even better than it was before especially at night. I get off work at night & have a long drive home so I have definitely noticed a difference. The lightening kit comes with the arbutin drops & a few bottles of MSM drops. Iíll also be trying their chamomile & honey drops whenever they start selling it. Now I donít expect to get Aishwaryaís color but Iím sure going to try to get as light as hers.

It's real easy for you people to say what works & what doesn't when you haven't experienced or even researched it for yourself. Even easier for you all to judge and tell people to "Be happy with your real eye color and wear contact lenses". Itís not about being happy or unhappy with our natural eye color, at least not for everyone. Itís my choice and itís what I want to do.



hhoo at last someone who really tried the product is posting. I thought that this post has already been fordwarded to irrelevant topics.

Im actually thinking in buying it, as i said i do not want my change color (brown), i only want to make it lighter, for that reason i think that alfa arbutin as act only in the melanim pigment, could work. But if someone has a green or blue color, think it might not work but then we are work talking about melanin pigment.

_________________
4290144
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Portland,

Ishmira never mentioned her natural eye color? She did say there was no animal testing??? That he/she investigated this company and product thoroughly?

I still have to wonder about the safety and what color you end up with depending on your natural color? I am curious although I don't want to change my super dark eye color.

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
portland
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 67
Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Portland,

Ishmira never mentioned her natural eye color? She did say there was no animal testing??? That he/she investigated this company and product thoroughly?

I still have to wonder about the safety and what color you end up with depending on your natural color? I am curious although I don't want to change my super dark eye color.


i'm still questioning the safety of this product only because i've never heard about any other product selling this kind of iris depigment agent.

_________________
4290144
zephyr
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Really intriguing! I've also read about the mixtures containing honey that lighten the eye iris. And I've always wished my eyes were a teensy bit lighter... When my life is less hectic after the holidays I might try this honey mixture.

_________________
51; dark blonde-light brown (with a lot of help!), blue-green eyes; very light skin, oily t-zone... Loving Ageless facial exercises!
Ishmira
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:51 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
Ishmira wrote:
puglove wrote:
I SO would not do that even if they paid me!!

Seriously, the 2nd thing that I thought about was...how the hell do they know this works? Did they test on some poor lab rats? How many times until it "worked" for them!?! Ugh. Animal cruelty.

Agreed...contacts is the way to go...who's to say that you're not going to regret your crazy colour choice when your 60/70/80 years old??


I have used this iris lightening kit for 4 and a half weeks & I have had no side effects at all. I have had great results so far & my vision seems even better than it was before especially at night. I get off work at night & have a long drive home so I have definitely noticed a difference. The lightening kit comes with the arbutin drops & a few bottles of MSM drops. Iíll also be trying their chamomile & honey drops whenever they start selling it. Now I donít expect to get Aishwaryaís color but Iím sure going to try to get as light as hers.

It's real easy for you people to say what works & what doesn't when you haven't experienced or even researched it for yourself. Even easier for you all to judge and tell people to "Be happy with your real eye color and wear contact lenses". Itís not about being happy or unhappy with our natural eye color, at least not for everyone. Itís my choice and itís what I want to do.


hi Ishmira!
thanks for the update. i didn't know anyone was trying it yet. this is soooo exciting! please keep us all updated... i'm dying to try it now!!! in all honesty, i would jump at the chance to try the isis...but i'm using a bunch of stuff now (lash enhancement).. so it will have to wait awhile. do let me know your progress though. if you're uncomfortable posting it on this thread, then just pm me. Wink i'm sure there are many silent 'lurkers' that are very interested in this thread.

try not get too upset about any negative comments. try to ignore them. i know how you feel. Rolling Eyes that's why i don't come to the forum often.
take care!
lina


Anyway...I found the company on youtube. There was a video about the iris lightening drops which I was very intrigued by. I researched the company and I also did my homework to find out more about the ingredients rather than just the product itself. I was satisfied with what I found and went ahead and bought a kit.

Iíve only been using the drops for about 5 weeks and I love the results I have gotten so far. At 8 weeks I know my eye color will have lightened even more, so Iím really excited. They also have the chamomile & honey eye drops coming out soon. I canít wait to try those. I read on a few forums about how people have lightened their eye color with just honey. I searched online and there are actually a lot of other vendors that sell chamomile eye drops but with no honey in them. Or Honey eye drops but no chamomile.

I can understand why some might not want to ask questions out in the open. It's a lot of judgmental close-minded people here. So Llina you, and whoever else, are welcome to IM me. Like I said before, they need to look up the term "GROUP THINK"
Ishmira
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:37 am      Reply with quote
portland wrote:
Ishmira wrote:
puglove wrote:
I SO would not do that even if they paid me!!

Seriously, the 2nd thing that I thought about was...how the hell do they know this works? Did they test on some poor lab rats? How many times until it "worked" for them!?! Ugh. Animal cruelty.

Agreed...contacts is the way to go...who's to say that you're not going to regret your crazy colour choice when your 60/70/80 years old??


I have used this iris lightening kit for 4 and a half weeks & I have had no side effects at all. I have had great results so far & my vision seems even better than it was before especially at night. I get off work at night & have a long drive home so I have definitely noticed a difference. The lightening kit comes with the arbutin drops & a few bottles of MSM drops. Iíll also be trying their chamomile & honey drops whenever they start selling it. Now I donít expect to get Aishwaryaís color but Iím sure going to try to get as light as hers.

It's real easy for you people to say what works & what doesn't when you haven't experienced or even researched it for yourself. Even easier for you all to judge and tell people to "Be happy with your real eye color and wear contact lenses". Itís not about being happy or unhappy with our natural eye color, at least not for everyone. Itís my choice and itís what I want to do.



hhoo at last someone who really tried the product is posting. I thought that this post has already been fordwarded to irrelevant topics.

Im actually thinking in buying it, as i said i do not want my change color (brown), i only want to make it lighter, for that reason i think that alfa arbutin as act only in the melanim pigment, could work. But if someone has a green or blue color, think it might not work but then we are work talking about melanin pigment.




*hmm* That's definitely something to ponder, but no matter what (green, brown,hazel) it's all pigment. Just different hues/amounts of it. Pigment just means "color". Some people were saying the absence of color in the iris leaves blue. Well to answer that question, I say look at people with albinism. Some have dark eyes, some have light green, gray or slate-blue but some lack pigment at all. The ones that have NO pigment have a strange iris color, reddish or pinkish looking. This comes from the blood vessels in the actual eye & the lack of pigment make the red color of the blood vessels visible. They say it looks more red or pink in photos because of the flash from the camera. There's No pigment to block the light therefore you're looking at the back of the eye from the inside.

So, I would assume the eye color lightening scale would be something like this:
Brown -> all shades from darkest to lightest then ->
Hazel ->all shades from darkest to lightest then ->
Green ->all shades from darkest to lightest then ->
Gray ->all shades from darkest to lightest then ->
Slate Blue -> all shades from darkest to lightest then ->
Pink/Red

So anyone using a lightener of any sort can choose when to discontinue use. I'm going to go until I get to light-green BUT that will be a while from now. I'm not stupid or careless or impatient at all. I plan on getting an eye exam this month & every 4-6 weeks to make sure everything is all good. I have a decent health plan from my job ($20 co-pay YAY!Very Happy) where I can get eye exams, so it's not a problem.

Another thing, if there is anyone else using this iris lightener... What excuses are you telling people!? Laughing Honestly I don't care what people have to say about me but when my eyes do get realllyyyyy light people are going to turn into the paparazzi with the questions, and I really don't feel obligated to tell my business. Even if it's someone that wants to do it themselves. Rolling Eyes Yeah I know call me stingy/selfish, but someone has got to know where I'm coming from.
zephyr
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh, I never thought about that, what to tell people. Some people won't notice, or will assume you're wearing contacts. The change may be gradual enough that some won't notice at all! But those who know and love you, especially over years and years, will notice. Some of that group you can just tell outright - if they ask or comment - tell what you've been doing and what's causing your eyes to lighten. Maybe you'll get remarks like "I liked your eyes the way they were", "you don't look like yourself anymore", "I like the eyes you were born with" (my mother would say that), etc. But if you're pleased with the results, then I bet most will like them too and be happy for you. They may even want to try it themselves. The others might not be happy with you, think that you're endangering your eyes. To them I'd say that you've done your research and are getting your eyes checked on a regular basis. Which you're planning on doing already. People have cosmetic surgery, completely redo their teeth, all the time. This is similiar in that respect. But different, too, eyes being "windows of the soul" and all that. You might get some strong reactions.

I'm not sure how I'd handle the people who notice but you don't want to know your business. Say something vague about a reaction, and then don't go into it because it's personal. Most people would know not to press for details at that point.

Please keep up posted with your progress and the reactions you get!

_________________
51; dark blonde-light brown (with a lot of help!), blue-green eyes; very light skin, oily t-zone... Loving Ageless facial exercises!
Ishmira
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
Gosh, I never thought about that, what to tell people. Some people won't notice, or will assume you're wearing contacts. The change may be gradual enough that some won't notice at all! But those who know and love you, especially over years and years, will notice. Some of that group you can just tell outright - if they ask or comment - tell what you've been doing and what's causing your eyes to lighten. Maybe you'll get remarks like "I liked your eyes the way they were", "you don't look like yourself anymore", "I like the eyes you were born with" (my mother would say that), etc. But if you're pleased with the results, then I bet most will like them too and be happy for you. They may even want to try it themselves. The others might not be happy with you, think that you're endangering your eyes. To them I'd say that you've done your research and are getting your eyes checked on a regular basis. Which you're planning on doing already. People have cosmetic surgery, completely redo their teeth, all the time. This is similiar in that respect. But different, too, eyes being "windows of the soul" and all that. You might get some strong reactions.

I'm not sure how I'd handle the people who notice but you don't want to know your business. Say something vague about a reaction, and then don't go into it because it's personal. Most people would know not to press for details at that point.

Please keep up posted with your progress and the reactions you get!



Your words are very true and DEAD on....BUT HA!@"Most people would know not to press for details at that point" Boy you sure don't know my fam/friends Laughing But I see what you're talking about, it's just like if you had cosmetic surgery. People are either gonna support you or criticize you. Oh well, I made my choice & I'm enjoying it so far. Thanks for the feed back! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
portland wrote:
Ok. I really consider the avaliable information on EDS website about this topic to open a new one.

There is some unformal information on the web that you can lighen your eye color (IRIS) just like you now can ligheting your skin color.


There's an eye drops from a website called
ISIS cosmeceuticals
That sells thi product of alfa-arbutin (used for skin lightening), for eye color lightening.

http://www.isis-cosmeceuticals.com/

NOTE: Please do not waste your time with IRO http://www.iroeyes.com/ EYEs adds, on youtube and in the web.. is FAKE.


I keep hearing how safe this is and lovely things like honey and chamomile yet as the OP posted there is alfa-arbutin mentioned as a key ingredient and the safety of that in the eyes is still concerning to me! hmm

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!

I just read on another forum where many are DIY this but read down to the email sent to Isis and the response from Isis to a potential customer!!!

http://www.maybenow.com/Does-honey-really-lighten-the-color-of-your-eyes-without-wearing-colored-contacts-q6653494

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
purpleheart
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Would anyone using this product mind sharing before/after pictures of their progress (either here, or in a private email)? I'm curious to try it but I'd like to see others' results as well.
zephyr
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, DM, I agree - the Isis response was downright testy!

There seem to be different ways of lightening eye irises. The Isis formula does contain alfa-arbutin, and that's the one I think Ishmira is using. The others I quickly scanned through involve various mixtures of honey and chamomile, or just honey alone. I've had zero time to go carefully through it all! It looks as though Isis will be offering their own bottled version of a honey and chamomile mixture in the not-too-distant future.

I'd be very, very careful with any of it, things going in my eyes, contamination, etc.

_________________
51; dark blonde-light brown (with a lot of help!), blue-green eyes; very light skin, oily t-zone... Loving Ageless facial exercises!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
zephyr,

I didn't care for the "tone" of that email at all!

I agree with you I am very cautious with anything that goes near my eyes much less inside of them!!!

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
zephyr
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
But that's not to say I'm not interested in trying this, or in others' results. These are our eyes, and we need to be very cautious.

_________________
51; dark blonde-light brown (with a lot of help!), blue-green eyes; very light skin, oily t-zone... Loving Ageless facial exercises!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
But that's not to say I'm not interested in trying this, or in others' results. These are our eyes, and we need to be very cautious.


As I recall on the link I posted people had DIY recipes that they were getting results with? Good luck if you go for it! Me I am happy with my super dark brown eyes. Laughing

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
zephyr
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, they did, and if the cost of the Isis formulations are high, I would try a DIY honey/chamomile version. When I read that people use honey drops for eye health, that piqued my curiosity, too. Besides the "vanity" aspect of possibly lightening my eye color, I wondered if the honey would brighten the whites of my eyes as well. Or if my eyes felt better, they'd look better - and younger - too.

My eye color is medium blue-green, with one eye slightly darker than the other - not that noticeable, but it is to me. Doesn't bother me, though. But it'd be interesting to see, if I do this, how much they'd lighten, and whether they'd turn a lighter version of themselves, or go more blue or green.

_________________
51; dark blonde-light brown (with a lot of help!), blue-green eyes; very light skin, oily t-zone... Loving Ageless facial exercises!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 633
Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 am      Reply with quote
i'd love my eye color to be light brown instead of dark brown. But like most, I'm worried about putting something in my eyes since they are sensitive. I can't even use the eyelash meds without getting my eyes all red and dry. I wonder whether there's been any long term study on the active ingredient used in Isis, whether it's safe to use on eyeballs?
purpleheart
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Here is why I do not think this product works, and so I am not surprised that nobody has provided before/after pics in this forum, or elsewhere.

Arbutin does not break down melanin. It simply inhibits the tyrosinase process (as described on Isis's own website). Tyrosinase is the process by which melanocyte cells produce melanin (pigment). The problem here is that adult irises do not produce melanin, so there is no tyrosinase process to inhibit. All the pigment your eyes have is produced in the first year or so of your life (so this product could theoretically work on an infant only). The only kind of agent that really could, in theory, work to depigment your iris would be a substance or device that actually breaks down the melanin already present in your eyes. Arbutin does not do this. This is why people who use arbutin to lighten their skin will not see results immediately: skin (if pigmented), unlike eyes, is constantly producing pigment, so inhibiting the production process will be effective.

Unless there is some quality of alpha or beta arbutin of which I am unaware, I have difficulty accepting this Isis cosmeceuticals product as legitimate, and the lack of pictures by people who have supposedly had success with it only reinforces my opinion.

Please, prove me wrong.
Ishmira
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 7
Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
purpleheart wrote:
Here is why I do not think this product works, and so I am not surprised that nobody has provided before/after pics in this forum, or elsewhere.

Arbutin does not break down melanin. It simply inhibits the tyrosinase process (as described on Isis's own website). Tyrosinase is the process by which melanocyte cells produce melanin (pigment). The problem here is that adult irises do not produce melanin, so there is no tyrosinase process to inhibit. All the pigment your eyes have is produced in the first year or so of your life (so this product could theoretically work on an infant only). The only kind of agent that really could, in theory, work to depigment your iris would be a substance or device that actually breaks down the melanin already present in your eyes. Arbutin does not do this. This is why people who use arbutin to lighten their skin will not see results immediately: skin (if pigmented), unlike eyes, is constantly producing pigment, so inhibiting the production process will be effective.

Unless there is some quality of alpha or beta arbutin of which I am unaware, I have difficulty accepting this Isis cosmeceuticals product as legitimate, and the lack of pictures by people who have supposedly had success with it only reinforces my opinion.

Please, prove me wrong.



Please, prove yourself right. HA! No disrespect, but did you google that all by yourself? Laughing FYI: If melanocytes completely stop producing melanin, pigment would cease to exist. If they are damaged or destroyed, pigment ceases to exist. Ever heard of albinism or vitiligo? Scars that are devoid of color?

Um, melanocytes ~aLWaYs~ and continuously produce melanin. They never stop producing melanin and existing melanin can always be diminished or increased {chemically, hormonally, sickness, diet, etcÖ} See, you got it all wrong Dear. Permanent eye color canít really be determined in young European/Caucasian children with light colored eyes because they havenít developed melanocytes just yet, or have very few, and slowly develop melanocytes [which starts producing melanin] as they get older, usually by age 3. Eyes contain melanocytes, melanocytes produce melanin CONSTANTLY. Therefore anything can cause change in eye color [or skin], darken or lighten. How ignorant to think our skin tone or eye color is a permanent hue due to only a certain amount of melanin developed ONCE. So do we all just get a *teaspoon* worth of melanin in each eye at birth? rofl Is it like a permanent concrete wall that canít be moved or changed? and if we lose that itís all over eh? Laughing Are you serious? I do have a college degree, but my gosh this is stuff I learned in junior high!

Now, the process of melanin production is yet another topic. Which does involves, pheomelanin, and eulamin,etc. Which are all types of melanin. If you interrupt any of these processes {*arbutin,hydroquinone,kojic acid} it will result in decreased or halted production of melanin. Hence lighter skin or lighter eye color. Understand this,melanin is a by-product of tyrosine. Melanin is just oxidized tyrosine pushed to the surface of the skin. Just like when you peel an apple & it turns brown. Citris fruit donít do this because of the citric acid content. Vitamin C turns brown too if exposed to air (oxidized), but citric acid prevents this. People, please. pick up a book and do your own research and stop letting people give you misinformation. This is not rocket science, and you donít need a Harvard education to learn or know this stuff.

Oh and FYI again, not everyone wants their pictures out there on the internet for negative people like you and DarkMoon to tear apart and judge. Embarassed Also, because people prefer their privacy and care not to prove anything to cynical nay sayers. When I hit my 12 week mark I have no problem with posting my pictures to those that request them privately [as many have asked since Iíve started posting here]

Speaking of before and after pics. They do have a few on the website but I found out that Isis gives away some of these kits to people if they provide before and after pics. Unfortunately I donít qualify because I already started using it [maybe if a change my name & delivery address I can get some? Laughing JK!] but seriously I would definitely check on that for those that wanna test it out for free.

Again, can we here from more people besides myself that have used the lightener kit and had great results like me? Rolling Eyes All these *search engine scholars* are beginning to bug me! Laughing
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 1237
Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ishmira,
after the 12 week point, please send me a pic, privately. i will keep it private. promise! i would love to see. so excited!

i'm going to check out the isis website again now. its probably in the states? i'm in canada.... where are u? i just get soooooo worried if i have to order from the US. canada customs always gives me a nice added fat bill to puchases.

please keep us update! Very Happy

_________________
to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6557
Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ishmira - I find your tone very confrontational and aggressive. This is an open Forum and everyone is welcome to express their opinion. Please also keep in mind that we often have young people here - young people tend to want to change everything about themselves and sometimes some words of warning or restraint can be appropriate.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
purpleheart
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Ishmira wrote:
purpleheart wrote:
Here is why I do not think this product works, and so I am not surprised that nobody has provided before/after pics in this forum, or elsewhere.

Arbutin does not break down melanin. It simply inhibits the tyrosinase process (as described on Isis's own website). Tyrosinase is the process by which melanocyte cells produce melanin (pigment). The problem here is that adult irises do not produce melanin, so there is no tyrosinase process to inhibit. All the pigment your eyes have is produced in the first year or so of your life (so this product could theoretically work on an infant only). The only kind of agent that really could, in theory, work to depigment your iris would be a substance or device that actually breaks down the melanin already present in your eyes. Arbutin does not do this. This is why people who use arbutin to lighten their skin will not see results immediately: skin (if pigmented), unlike eyes, is constantly producing pigment, so inhibiting the production process will be effective.

Unless there is some quality of alpha or beta arbutin of which I am unaware, I have difficulty accepting this Isis cosmeceuticals product as legitimate, and the lack of pictures by people who have supposedly had success with it only reinforces my opinion.

Please, prove me wrong.



Please, prove yourself right. HA! No disrespect, but did you google that all by yourself? Laughing FYI: If melanocytes completely stop producing melanin, pigment would cease to exist. If they are damaged or destroyed, pigment ceases to exist. Ever heard of albinism or vitiligo? Scars that are devoid of color?

Um, melanocytes ~aLWaYs~ and continuously produce melanin. They never stop producing melanin and existing melanin can always be diminished or increased {chemically, hormonally, sickness, diet, etcÖ} See, you got it all wrong Dear. Permanent eye color canít really be determined in young European/Caucasian children with light colored eyes because they havenít developed melanocytes just yet, or have very few, and slowly develop melanocytes [which starts producing melanin] as they get older, usually by age 3. Eyes contain melanocytes, melanocytes produce melanin CONSTANTLY. Therefore anything can cause change in eye color [or skin], darken or lighten. How ignorant to think our skin tone or eye color is a permanent hue due to only a certain amount of melanin developed ONCE. So do we all just get a *teaspoon* worth of melanin in each eye at birth? rofl Is it like a permanent concrete wall that canít be moved or changed? and if we lose that itís all over eh? Laughing Are you serious? I do have a college degree, but my gosh this is stuff I learned in junior high!

Now, the process of melanin production is yet another topic. Which does involves, pheomelanin, and eulamin,etc. Which are all types of melanin. If you interrupt any of these processes {*arbutin,hydroquinone,kojic acid} it will result in decreased or halted production of melanin. Hence lighter skin or lighter eye color. Understand this,melanin is a by-product of tyrosine. Melanin is just oxidized tyrosine pushed to the surface of the skin. Just like when you peel an apple & it turns brown. Citris fruit donít do this because of the citric acid content. Vitamin C turns brown too if exposed to air (oxidized), but citric acid prevents this. People, please. pick up a book and do your own research and stop letting people give you misinformation. This is not rocket science, and you donít need a Harvard education to learn or know this stuff.

Oh and FYI again, not everyone wants their pictures out there on the internet for negative people like you & Dark Moon to tear apart and judge. Embarassed Also, because people prefer their privacy and care not to prove anything to cynical nay sayers. When I hit my 12 week mark I have no problem with posting my pictures to those that request them privately [as many have asked since Iíve started posting here]

Speaking of before and after pics. They do have a few on the website but I found out that Isis gives away some of these kits to people if they provide before and after pics. Unfortunately I donít qualify because I already started using it [maybe if a change my name & delivery address I can get some? Laughing JK!] but seriously I would definitely check on that for those that wanna test it out for free.

Again, can we here from more people besides myself that have used the lightener kit and had great results like me? Rolling Eyes All these *search engine scholars* are beginning to bug me! Laughing


Ishmara, I would love for this product to work. I don't think the pictures on Isis's website are too convincing, which is why I would prefer pictures from third parties who have had success before I try it.

That said, assuming what you said is true, I have a couple questions for you. Why is it that people who use Lumigan or Latisse have a permanent darkening of their irises? Is melanocyte activity increased in perpetuity even after use of the product is discontinued? This is what made me believe that melanocytes do not function in irises in a way that is identical to elsewhere in the body: the effects of lightening or darkening products on hair and skin end after use of the products is discontinued, because we are constantly making new skin and hair, but we don't constantly make new eyes. This is what led me to my presumption, not Google; you need not assume that my thoughts were retrieved online.

Also, you say that melanocytes are constantly producing pigment, regardless of where they are (hair, skin, eyes), and that halting production will cause a lightening effect. This is true. Why is it then, that after the cessation of arbutin use on skin, it will gradually re-darken, whereas after discontinuing use of the Isis arbutin drops on eyes, there is no re-darkening (it says on Isis's website that the change is permanent). There must be something biologically different about pigment production in skin and pigment production in eyes.

Please know that I mean no hostility in asking these questions, and if you could answer them for me in a way that is accurate and non-confrontational, I would be very grateful.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Thalgo Tone Up! (2 items) Carita Supreme Wrinkle Soulution Filler [PRO 3W] (10 ml / 0.33 floz) Thalgo Plasmalg Gel Bath Preparation (150 ml / 5.07 floz)