Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
cyst, zit, scar??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
When I had a mole to be removed, my DR said that she would never do anything on the face - always go to a plastic surgeon.

I agree and it's standard practice to biopsy tissue that's removed that's the only way they can test for sure just what the growth is.

5% products discount

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist is a dermatological surgeon. Does that make any difference? He is also an older man and the top of the department at the hospital where he works. I have been seeing him for months, and was hoping to have him do the growth removal for me. But to your suggestions, just may go with the PS, although I am not sure he is board certified, but he is a cosmetic surgeon, MD.
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I only work in the O.R. with plastic surgeons and have no knowledge of or experience with dermatological surgeons, so I don't know....

I do know that there is a vast difference in the quality of work I've seen by the various plastic surgeons that I have worked with. Some, I would never allow near me with a scalpel.

Do your due diligence and trust your gut instincts to guide you and good luck!
rachel may
5% products discount

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks my best friend. I was not wanting my thing to be a cyst, but two plastic surgeons, and my derm confirmed it very well could be. My only option is to get it removed. I watched a video on punch excision and yikes it looks scary, though was doing some research on this tech and it is very similiar to the minimal excision tech, which leaves minimal scaring. I am just worried of course about what am I going to look like after? This thing has been on my face for three months, I sort have gotten use to it. At first it was alien, and made me cry, and I didn't recongize my face. After 33 years of looking at a nearly perfect nose, and then seeing this for three months, scary scary thing. So now I am just worried for the results, and if the scar will be worse then this cyst.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
rachel may wrote:
Thanks my best friend. I was not wanting my thing to be a cyst, but two plastic surgeons, and my derm confirmed it very well could be. My only option is to get it removed. I watched a video on punch excision and yikes it looks scary, though was doing some research on this tech and it is very similiar to the minimal excision tech, which leaves minimal scaring. I am just worried of course about what am I going to look like after? This thing has been on my face for three months, I sort have gotten use to it. At first it was alien, and made me cry, and I didn't recongize my face. After 33 years of looking at a nearly perfect nose, and then seeing this for three months, scary scary thing. So now I am just worried for the results, and if the scar will be worse then this cyst.

Hi Rachel May, I don't want to add to your confusion but I have a cyst on my nose too, although it has never oozed. I've asked a couple of dermatologists about it and they have said that I could have it taken off but it will grow back again. Have you asked about that? Has yours stopped oozing? I think you should definately get a biopsy and see if is cancerous but you might want to find out about the chances that it will just appear again after you have it taken off. It might help with your decision making.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:14 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Hi Rachel May, I don't want to add to your confusion but I have a cyst on my nose too, although it has never oozed. I've asked a couple of dermatologists about it and they have said that I could have it taken off but it will grow back again. Have you asked about that? Has yours stopped oozing? I think you should definately get a biopsy and see if is cancerous but you might want to find out about the chances that it will just appear again after you have it taken off. It might help with your decision making.

jom,

I have to be honest if I am not mistaken there have already been 5 various doctors involved with this issue? I thought one was scheduled to biopsy this at one point but can't swear if a biopsy has ever been done. I have to wonder about why that many different doctors, derms, plastic surgeons and a GP if I recall. So far a few different diagnoses and nothing done to find out for sure just what it is? Cyst, Papilloma can't keep track of all any more! I don't intend to be nasty in anyway, but if it were me some one would have an answer for me well before now! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I wish you good luck!
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
rachel may wrote:

I think you'll be so relieved to have this thing removed and to finally know what it is after the pathologist looks at it under a microscope that you'll wish you had it removed sooner. I also think that the scar will be much less noticeable than what you have now. You need to stop stressing over it and have it removed, IMO. You'll be fine, I'm sure.
rachel may
5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks my best friend. Hopefully tomorrow it will be removed my dermatologist,I will see what he says, if I don't like the sound of it, I will get it removed by the plastic surgeon. fingers and toes crossed all goes well, thanks everyone for the well wishes. Will keep you posted.
rachel may
5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

jom,

Yes i am worried about it coming back, but if the whole cyst is removed the chances are slim.
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Rachel May,

I'm curious...did you have it removed? If so, tell me about it. If not, why not?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
MyBestFriend wrote:
Rachel May,

I'm curious...did you have it removed? If so, tell me about it. If not, why not?

Yes please, we would love to hear that there is a resolution for you. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone. On monday I went to my dermatologist assuming he would cut it out, but he told me the shot of kenalog worked great!! I agree the one shot improved my zit a lot, but it is still there so I asked for one more shot, he didn't want to at first, but agreed. This time he injected 2.5,last time 5. He told me I may get a dent, but I was willing to take my chances and got the shot. I am hoping this will resolve it, if not, I will have it cut out. I am praying this works. fingers, toes, eyes crossed. : )
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I didn't realize that you had received an injection of kenalog for this thing already. And the injection was helpful, but didn't resolve it completely, right? How long did it take before you noticed an improvement after the 1st injection? I'm hoping that your issue is history, but keep me informed either way.
rachel may
5% products discount

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
It took about three weeks to see some improvement in the "zit". It was more raised and plumper. It is now flatter and less puffy. But its still not level with the surrounding skin. I am hoping this works, its been 6 days, so not seeing much change yet. I am convinced this thing is indeed a scar of some sort. My derm said the thing would be gone 100 percent. He better be right.
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
So in a couple more weeks you should know whether this last injection has worked or not, right? I don't blame you for trying something less drastic than having it cut out. You can still choose surgical removal at any time down the road if it doesn't completely go away with the injections. Good luck!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:45 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
jom wrote:

jom,

I have to be honest if I am not mistaken there have already been 5 various doctors involved with this issue? I thought one was scheduled to biopsy this at one point but can't swear if a biopsy has ever been done. I have to wonder about why that many different doctors, derms, plastic surgeons and a GP if I recall. So far a few different diagnoses and nothing done to find out for sure just what it is? Cyst, Papilloma can't keep track of all any more! I don't intend to be nasty in anyway, but if it were me some one would have an answer for me well before now! Smile

All I can add is some people, they end up seeing many doctors because sometimes you get the stupid and lazy doctors who can not make up their minds.
Or else they misplace your medical info and you need to go back and have all the tests or whatever redone.
Not saying all doctors are stupid, but there are many who are not that bright and quite lazy.
Or maybe it is just me getting stuck with all the lazy doctors in Canada?
I have not been to too many lazy derms, but this year had to see some doctors in the same dept around 6 times because they could not make up their mind.
I even did my own research on what medical operations would have been ok for my arm problem, as the doctors I saw were being so indecisive.
It actually got to the point that I was going to sue the hospital because the doctors I was sent to could not make up their mind.
I even ended up telling the last doctor I saw that if they did not make up their mind by a certain date I was leaving the country and making sure the hospital/clinic would be paying my bill.
There was a doctor/medical clinic willing to see me where my parents live in the US-and they had no issues seeing me if I wanted and offered to give me the rates for "uninsured people" which is nice since in Canada healthcare is free.

Or maybe the person is seeking out different doctors to make sure she has more options?
rachel may
5% products discount

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
MyBestFriend wrote:
So in a couple more weeks you should know whether this last injection has worked or not, right? I don't blame you for trying something less drastic than having it cut out. You can still choose surgical removal at any time down the road if it doesn't completely go away with the injections. Good luck!

Thanks that is my hope, maybe in another week or two, it will resolve completely. If i am left with a dent, I will get a filler. If it doesn't go away I am cutting it out and getting a biopsy. Already have the PS picked out. Hope it doesn't come to that, but in life you just never know. I will keep you all posted.
rachel may
5% products discount

Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
MyBestFriend wrote:

Yes I am going to wait and see if it goes away. If it is indeed a cyst I am getting it cut out. I know your a nurse for plastic surgeons. How bad will the scar be?
rachel may
5% products discount

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
My derm confirmed to me that my spot was a half scar half active pimple. he wont do surgery for a full year, he said if i did anything to it now, it would make it a hundred times worse. I am using a silicone sheet now at night on it, hopefully it will flatten it out. i pray i pray
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |