Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

lip stain -the best
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Palladio Lip stains are the best! OMG they dont look like lipstick, they stay on all day even when you eat and the colors all look subtle and natural. Orchid and pinky are great.They are VERY cheap too....only 599. Now if I could just find a lip plumper thats not shiny I will be set.....
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Since my lips are super thin, I don't suppose I can wear a stain because it would be darker than I would want and would make my lips look even thinner. If there is a light stain out there, I would like to know about it.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale do a great lipstain with a gloss on the other, 6 shades, but they are a bit pricey
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Flavia wrote:
Since my lips are super thin, I don't suppose I can wear a stain because it would be darker than I would want and would make my lips look even thinner. If there is a light stain out there, I would like to know about it.

I don't have the thin lip issue, but I am a lip stain freak! Smile
An option that's affordable and easily found are CoverGirl lip stains, colors here.

http://cg2.qwapi.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
these do not come out dark, these are amazing lip stains that just make you look healthy,sometimes ity doesnt even look like you are wearing anything and you can keep layering it on if you want,I like just applying the stain once and it lasts all day even when I eat
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Do you find the lip stains dry your lips out? Also ... if you put lip balm over top of them, does it take off the colour?

I am pretty much addicted to lip balm. I can't stand the feeling of my lips if they get dry. I use a natural/organic lip balm (no petro products), but still can't go without it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
it did not dry my lips out but I use revive lip and perioral repair twice a day. I have used lip balm over it and it did not come off.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Do you find the lip stains dry your lips out? Also ... if you put lip balm over top of them, does it take off the colour?

I am pretty much addicted to lip balm. I can't stand the feeling of my lips if they get dry. I use a natural/organic lip balm (no petro products), but still can't go without it.

I have a multitude of brands and colors and always top with a gloss or balm and they all last and I have not had any drying!

HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to look into them. I didn't think you could use a lip balm over them.

Silly question ... do they come off with soap and water?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

An option that's affordable and easily found are CoverGirl lip stains, colors here.

I love CoverGirl lip stains.

Here are nice some swatches:
http://karlasugar.net/2009/01/covergirl-outlast-lipstain-markers/
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Just realized that Palladio is sold at Sally's ... gotta love when you can actually get it locally !!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I should preface my response by stating that I prefer the marker-tip style stains as I find them so much easier to control! Since I wear makeup on a daily basis, with somewhat dramatic eyes, if I don't wear anything on my lips, they look washed out. I generally don't like glosses and lipsticks since I'm always sipping or snacking on something and can't be bothered to touch up!

I'd say the Josie Maran are the best for color pay off and staying power, but they're on the more expensive side (~$25)

Covergirl has subtle colors, but I couldn't find one that looked natural on me...they were all too orangey-brownish rather than the pinkish-coralish color I was searching for. While I didn't necessarily mind it, it smells like crayola marker so may be a bit odd for some. Usually completely gone by lunch.

I didn't like any of the colours of the Revlon Just Bitten line as I was looking for something that was similar to my natural lip color (but with some oomph)

For a drug-store brand, I really like the Maybelline ones! They smell a bit like watermelon...but I do find them the most drying so this is the only stain I find I need to use my pomegranate burts bee's lip balm with now that its getting cooler out. I find that it does fade, but my the end of a 9-5 day, I still have some pigment left, which is basically what I was looking for!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of Palladio lipstains - where do you find them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I've never heard of Palladio lipstains - where do you find them?

Sally Beauty Supply carries the whole makeup line from them.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use Vincent Longo lip stain. The best in my opinion. They are more expensive than the marker lip stain but mine has lasted for over a year and I use it everyday. I have the dark red one. It's so dark that the bottle looks black but you control the color by how many times you put it on. I like the pale red look so I only give it one swype, let it dry, then put on lip balm after. It last a looong time and no transfer even with lip balm!

I buy mine off Amazon.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:36 am      Reply with quote
my latest MO is : I lightly line the contours of my lips with the PINKY lip stain from Palladio. Then i take a pink lipstick with just a hint of frost in it and put a very thin stroke across the middle of the lower lip,finish off with a lip plumper balm that isnt too shiny....blot once with tissue and it looks quite natural and that little bitof pink on lower pink makes you look fresher and younger IMHO,I would never use bright red,thats very aging.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Olivia23 wrote:
I use Vincent Longo lip stain. The best in my opinion. They are more expensive than the marker lip stain but mine has lasted for over a year and I use it everyday. I have the dark red one. It's so dark that the bottle looks black but you control the color by how many times you put it on. I like the pale red look so I only give it one swype, let it dry, then put on lip balm after. It last a looong time and no transfer even with lip balm!

I buy mine off Amazon.

I have about 3 of the Vincent Longo including the color you are referring to and adore them also! My skin including lips just eats color for lack of a better term, so I do have to go deeper with make up or it looks way too light! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Unsure if this qualifies as a "lip stain" but it's very subtle, has a gorgeous scent and moisturises the lips.

My absolute favourite is Eyeko Fat Balm, Strawberry: http://www.eyeko.com/eyeko-products-c-21.html (I also have Minty and Raspberry).

They have new ones now, Toffee, Frosting and Cherry which I haven't tried yet!

Strawberry Fat Balm is one of the only things I got from the net as a free sample and actually bought! I wear it every day.

PS: Oops, from reading above it seems it's use-once type makeup. I've tried Lipfinity (don't think that's a stain) and it was far too drying for me.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Very cool Lucy! Thanks for the heads up on the Palladio Lip Stain. I've just started delving in to the lip stains over the last 3 or 4 months and thus far my favorite is the Maybelline. I tried the CoverGirl and Revlon and wasn't fond of either, they seemed dry going on and the color didn't last. The tubes also seem to contain hardly any product and didn't last very long. The Maybelline one goes on rather cool and fresh feeling and so far I am liking, but then again the color doesn't seem to last on me. I happen to have a Sally within walking distance from my apartment so I am stoked to give that brand a try!!! The colors look great too, I checked them out on the Sally website, I am thinking Nude and Berry for me...so tomorrow off to Sally beauty!! Yay!! Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Went to Sally today and opted for the Nude and Rose, both fabulous colors I must say...I'm liking! It seems to last longer on my lips than the others I have tried. Very cool considering they are much cheaper too...

One question for all of you that use the stains, I am so perplexed as to why it seems these dry up or hardly contain any product for me. I mean seriously, I just bought the Maybelline and have used it maybe 3 or 4 times and it seems like there's nothing left in it! I had this problem with the Revlon and CoverGirl as well...so tell me, is there a trick to getting this stuff out? Am I supposed to be squeezing or turning something?? haha...please tell me that's it even though I will feel like a moron Laughing

But so far the Palladio two thumbs up!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
What would be a cheap and/or longer lasting on the lips equivalent to Clinique's Different Lipsticks in Sweet Honey and Black Lily?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
What would be a cheap and/or longer lasting on the lips equivalent to Clinique's Different Lipsticks in Sweet Honey and Black Lily?

Not sure how dark those are, but with lip stains you can add more until the depth you want is reached, another I really like besides the Vincent Longo are The Balm Stainiac 3 colors available. Check them out at Sephora

http://www.sephora.com.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Palladio Pinky and Rose and prefer the Rose. The Pinky is too bright. The other colors seemed like they'd be too bright, i.e. Orange. Berry and Nude looked dark in the tube. I may opt for the Nude to check it out. Can you layer these over each other to get different colors? Maybe the Nude over the Pinky would tone it down.

Yeah, it seems like there isn't much product so perhaps the more expensive stains are worth the price if they give you more. I do like the ability to draw a decent line instead of having to use a brush.

I bought some Palladio gloss to apply over but it seems very little clings to the applicator so I doubt I'll buy more when it runs out.

The link to the Cover Girl lipstains looks tempting. I might try those next time they go on sale.

Here I thought I had found my holy grail lip colors in Revlon Colorstay but those flake off and you need a brush to apply carefully. I may just toss them out cuz I like the lipstains so much better.
JonnyNJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use Lip-Ink when I want a long wearing lip color. They've been around since the mid to late 1990's.

They sell liner, color, and gloss products in a lot of shades. I have small lips and prefer a light shade which is nearly impossible to find anywhere else.

http://www.lipink.com
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Does the Lip-Ink applicator give you an even, easy to draw lip line like the marker lipstains do? That is a big selling point for me.

It sounds like a multistep, multi-product process. How long did it take you to get the hang of it? If you eat greasy food, does the stain come off?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |