Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Knee wrinkles - how to get rid of them?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone else have knee wrinkles? How do you get rid of them? I have them on top of my knees. They are noticeable when I stand very straight.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Doesn't everyone got them, more or less?
I have always had mine anyway - would gladly get rid of them, but in my case a skin removal would be necessary I think. Stretch the skin out. I'm not overweight, just constructed this way from birth. Rolling Eyes
I would call it skin folders rather then wrinkles above and on my knees..

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I don't have knee wrinkles, but I do have stretched out and wrinkled tummy skin from a twin pregnancy. I started using Skin Biology TriReduction and LacSal creams on my stomach this past spring and it's amazing how much my skin has tightened/smoothed out.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
its normal to have wrinkles /folds on your knees right? I thought same as your elbows, you need extra give in your skin for your joints to fold and unfold? Otherwise we'd all be walking around doing the goose step Razz

try toning and strengthening exercises for your legs which could help tighten the skin around the area. oh... and regular skincare i.e. moisturising definitely helps .. doesnt take it away, but helps keeps it in better condition!
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you. I want to get rid of mine too. They are a sure sign of over 40! I'm going to try copper peptides..why not.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh i thought it's a sign of aging for sure because i never had them in my 20s and i don't see little kids have them. I miss the good old days when skin was tight. haha

ok, i'll try copper peptide. i am sensitive to it in other areas of my body, but knees may be different.

Thanks all. Razz
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn - I am very sure the reaction on your body will be quite different than face or neck areas.

I bought some acid blends (lactic/glycolic) off of ebay and wipe them on my body (chest, legs, arms, focus on knees, feet, elbows). I leave on 30 minutes and then shower.
After the shower I apply Trireduction or other copper peptide (body lotion or Super CP serum). I apply copper everywhere for tightening and skin health. I'm going to go up in concentration of the acids and vary the types as the winter - spring progresses. The tightening is a welcome by-product in the total anti-aging process of using copper peptides.

I'm sure focusing just on elbows, knees and feet would bring a great result to those areas.
Do this once a week with the acid blends but use the copper everyday if possible.

I look at the whole thing as a good winter project. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sister! Good advice. My elbows can also use some pampering. I just looked and they got some wrinkles, too. Embarassed I have some lactic acid, I will start using it now.

sister sweets wrote:
Natalyn - I am very sure the reaction on your body will be quite different than face or neck areas.

I bought some acid blends (lactic/glycolic) off of ebay and wipe them on my body (chest, legs, arms, focus on knees, feet, elbows). I leave on 30 minutes and then shower.
After the shower I apply Trireduction or other copper peptide (body lotion or Super CP serum). I apply copper everywhere for tightening and skin health. I'm going to go up in concentration of the acids and vary the types as the winter - spring progresses. The tightening is a welcome by-product in the total anti-aging process of using copper peptides.

I'm sure focusing just on elbows, knees and feet would bring a great result to those areas.
Do this once a week with the acid blends but use the copper everyday if possible.

I look at the whole thing as a good winter project. Laughing
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
The lactic acid and Retin A products may be useful for you. Maybe you can have a try. I know these products are useful for the face skin.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:
The lactic acid and Retin A products may be useful for you. Maybe you can have a try. I know these products are useful for the face skin.

How long have you used them zhoushuhappy and what strength of each are you using, how often? Smile

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:

How long have you used them zhoushuhappy and what strength of each are you using, how often? Smile

TIA

I used them near a year, the lactic acid is 10%, and the retin A is 0.025%.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Zhoushu, when you use lactic acid, do you have to rinse off after waiting 20 minutes like when you apply on your face?

zhoushuhappy wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:

TIA

I used them near a year, the lactic acid is 10%, and the retin A is 0.025%.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |