Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Do you agree with "Great Looking Eyes at Every Age"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Natalyn,

2 suggestions would be a lip liner that matches the lipstick applied first so there isn't that obvious lined look on her lips.
A shadow primer that she can use from lash to brow helps open the eye and smooth the crinkled skin. Smile

Thank you. I have never heard of a shadow primer. What exactly is that?

Shadow primers even the skin tone on the lids, smooth lines and keep your shadow lasting all day. I personally love Benefits Lemon Aid for myself. I have seen many really like Urban Decay's primer, there are many available.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think anyone older should define the eyes. So, a line on the top lid (not black). Brown or greys are softer looking. And if desired, line the bottom lash line with powder not pencil. And than tons of mascara. A soft color shade of blush (like your own color)and clear gloss on the lips to show your OWN shade of lip color. I believe lips should be of a normal color and not nude or white or anything frosted. Also simmer down on the lip gloss. You don't want to look like you're slobbering.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
My Mom is in her 70's and she look great with her eyes made up (eyeshadow and all). Applied with a light hand, the right technique, and the right colors, you don't have to go bare as you get older if you don't want to.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Blaze wrote:
My Mom is in her 70's and she look great with her eyes made up (eyeshadow and all). Applied with a light hand, the right technique, and the right colors, you don't have to go bare as you get older if you don't want to.

My mother is 62 and aunt 63 and they both do not like makeup-my aunt might wear perfume,but not really as she works as a teacher.

For my aunt I think she has never really liked makeup...but she looooves the spa,skincare and massages and colors her hair.
-she even wears headbands sometimes and they look nice on her (not dollar store ones,but some she bought from France luxe...those are more "classy" for older people.

My mother she has never really liked makeup much-even when she was younger all she would use was eyeliner.
she liked to colour her hair until recently,but now wants a more "natural" look.
-she does like to wear perfumes a lot though and has many different ones!

I don't know what I'll do if I'm older and do not like my eyes-maybe eye surgery I guess?
I know I need to fix the muscle on one of my eyes a bit as my problem has come back.
But,not sure when I'll do that.

I think if you have eye surgery or any other surgery,you don't really care that much if you need or want other things you can always use the low/no interest option on your credit cards Wink
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all the great suggestions. My friend's eyes are a big challenge. If you don't mind, I will take a picture of her eyes, and post it and see what suggestions you all can provide. I tried putting on shadows for her, and I just could not seem to make her eyes look good. But this doesn't say much. I am not good at putting on makeup. I don't usually use any makeup myself.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |