Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Questions for Tua Viso users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I've been using my TV daily for about 2 weeks and I hope some experienced TV users can answer a few questions:

1) When doing the points behind the ear, my ear is pulled back but I see no movement at all in my cheek (the directions say I should). I've tried moving it slightly in all directions and turning up the intensity but still no movement at all can be seen in the upper cheek. Advice?

2) When watching the DVD, the models eyes never seem to be forced into closing, but during some of the exercises my eyes do close. The upper lid comes down but the directions don't mention that this should happen. Is it ok if that happens? I want to make sure I don't exercise any muscles inappropriately, possibly causing more harm than good (if that's even possible).

3) On average, how long does a battery last (not the rechargeable kind)? If you use the TV for an hour daily, on the higher intensity levels, is it normal for the low battery light to start flashing in just 2-3 weeks?

4) The neck exercises scare me. I know the TV is used without problem in other countries besides the U.S. but it feels like I'm applying an electrical shock to my neck and even on intensity level 2 it's pretty uncomfortable. Is it 100% safe to be stimulating your neck in this way?

5) Is it possible to use TV too much? Is it ok to continue using TV daily after the first few weeks, or is it best to give your face/neck a break with a day or 2 off each week?

Thank you!
havana8

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
You may be able to find some answers in this thread, AmazingRacer:

Tua Viso Users
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31637

Welcome to EDS. Smile
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I can help you with a few answers as I have been using the TV for 18 months:
--I could never get behind the ear correctly so
I use my fingers manually and the jowl area pulls up when I do and that seems to be a good
workaround
--my eyes never completely close but they do stretch down a little on some exercises
--have a rechargeable so can't help you with the battery question
--When I started with the TV, used 5 days a week for 3 months and then 3X a week for a while and am now down to 2X a week
--The neck was hard to get used to but between the TV and vaculifter on the neck, it's looking much better and I'm 58.
HTH - DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies. I did read that former TV thread but maybe not the whole thing. I'll take another look.

I get a big sensation behind my ear and the whole ear is pulled back noticeably, so I must be doing that one right afterall. I've found that the angle at which you have the device is as important as where it's placed, for that exercise.

I also discovered through trial and error that many positions I couldn't find at first I eventually did find when I turned up the intensity. And it's amazing how just the slightest repositioning makes all the difference!

Thanks again for your help. I'm looking forward to seeing what continued use will do for me.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
Hello,
I've been using my TV daily for about 2 weeks and I hope some experienced TV users can answer a few questions:

1) When doing the points behind the ear, my ear is pulled back but I see no movement at all in my cheek (the directions say I should). I've tried moving it slightly in all directions and turning up the intensity but still no movement at all can be seen in the upper cheek. Advice?

2) When watching the DVD, the models eyes never seem to be forced into closing, but during some of the exercises my eyes do close. The upper lid comes down but the directions don't mention that this should happen. Is it ok if that happens? I want to make sure I don't exercise any muscles inappropriately, possibly causing more harm than good (if that's even possible).

3) On average, how long does a battery last (not the rechargeable kind)? If you use the TV for an hour daily, on the higher intensity levels, is it normal for the low battery light to start flashing in just 2-3 weeks?

4) The neck exercises scare me. I know the TV is used without problem in other countries besides the U.S. but it feels like I'm applying an electrical shock to my neck and even on intensity level 2 it's pretty uncomfortable. Is it 100% safe to be stimulating your neck in this way?

5) Is it possible to use TV too much? Is it ok to continue using TV daily after the first few weeks, or is it best to give your face/neck a break with a day or 2 off each week?

Thank you!

I can answer some of your questions. To do the ear exercise place one of the points at the bottom point of your lobe and the top sponge wherever it falls directly perpendicular to your ear, straight up and down. The cheek area should lift up and contract back and upwards, in a scrunching motion. On your left ear you should be able to hear the machine make the sine wave noise. That is one way of knowing you have it in the right position.

I have noticed a pulling around my eyes on many of the exercises but just ignore it.

The neck exercise should pull your chin and mouth down. Put it on the lowest setting and move it around till you find the point that simply pulls your chin area down. It should not jolt the neck area or feel scary.

I use the TV 3-4 days a week but used it 5 days a week and think my skin looks better the more I use it. Once you use it 5 days a week the first 3 months you can use it 3 days a week to maintain results. Using it more is a matter of how much time you have to invest in using it. The only reason I don't use it more is because I find the whole 51 minutes is what works best for me and only have the patience to sit throuh it 3-4 days a week. I have the Tua Trend which is a shorter program which I have not used yet; I might start using that more.
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Gretchen! I got the ear position using your advice! Very Happy

I guess I don't have the neck position yet b/c nothing I do on my neck affects my mouth. I can feel a vibration under my chin in certain places on my neck, but my mouth never feels anything or turns down. I've placed it all up and down that main muscle on my neck but can only do it on level 2 b/c it is just so strong of a sensation. Maybe that's why it's not reaching my mouth. I will persevere. Smile
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Amazing racer, there are what could be described as 2 neck exercises. Reading your thread above I am not clear which one you are describing.

The neck/under chin exercise, should pull the lower lip down on the side you are treating, a strong pull down is good. This lifts the jowl & pouch area.The 2 heads should sit just under the jaw bone.

The main neck exercise can be quite zingy! To find the correct placing for the right hand side, turn your head to the left & look over your left shoulder, the large neck muscle which runs just behind your ear down to the clavicle bone should now be standing out clearly. Place the TV centrally & vertically on this muscle, for me this is about 1 1/2 - 2 inches below my ear lobe, you should feel tingling up to the ear & also the whole front of the neck skin will pull back towards this large standing out muscle on which you have the TV placed. Repeat on the other side reversing the head & look over the right shoulder. You do not need to keep your head turned to the side, this step is merely to locate the correct positioning.

I cannot recommend enough the explicit DVD which Tina is now selling on her website. I think it is very much what she did in her workshops to help people get the correct placements. I got it at the beginning of the year & had been doing some of the exercises wrong for many years! especially the eye one, I had been far to close to the eye & not far enough down the cheek!

I have been using the TV on & off since 2004/2005. I have 2 to speed up the treatment. I have just started back using them, after a break of about 9 months! (big mistake to give up on their use). Already I am seeing a difference, I do like this gadget. As jowls & pouches are becoming an issue I am using the under chin exercise I mentioned first above, for 5 minutes each side, to really try & get this muscle tightened up.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Katy,
I'll try using the method you described (turning the head) when I do my routine tonight. Too bad the DVD you described isn't the one they include with the TV when you purchase it!

Does anyone use the TV in conjunction with Ageless If You Dare facial exercises? Just wondering, if you do 5 Ageless exercises every day (alternating 2 different sets of 5 every other day) is it ok to do your TV daily also? I don't want to overdo it but I also hate missing a day of either thing, since I'm relatively new to both.

Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

pH Advantage Basics, One-Step Cleanser Fragrance-Free (236 ml / 8 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Root Resilience Nourishing Scalp Conditioner (177 ml / 6 floz)