Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ageless Loulou is back
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
FYI - Seems Loulou is back with a new programme.

Read this on her website:

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry haven't been around very much recently I've missed you all!

What I have been doing is working incredibly hard on a new programme - I'm really excited about it!

People kept asking me for some sort of workbook version, with more detail, and maybe less of the science... so I've developed a 30 Day programme - based on the Ageless exercises of course - but with all the extra stuff I've been learning recently included.

Now I was going to launch it so people could start in the new year. But I had so many requests from people who wanted to 'Look Good for Christmas' that I've been creating a very special extra version - just for the people on my list.

There's lots more to tell you, but I've got to get back to work! Look Good For Christmas is going to be launching soon - if you'd like to be the first to know about it, sign up here http://www.theagelessmethod.com/optin.html.

I'll also send you some great information and some nice videos - including how the story of how I got into facial exercise in the first place!

BTW - if you're doing fine with the Ageless original book and DVD, no need to get the new programme - yes, it does have a lot more information in it, but the exercises are pretty similar. If you'd rather have a day by day approach, with daily messages from me, this is for you! Either way, sign up for all the extra info I've got for you. And do let your friends know, the new programme might be just right for them too!

Hugs,

Loulou
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Try this
http://www.theagelessmethod.com/optin.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think its sad and quite disgusting that "she's back" just in time for holiday gift giving season, when she's left her faithful followers to flounder for months on end on her forum... And that doesn't even count the many members who were concerned for her well being, and just wanted to know she was okay.

phew, that was a mouthful...just calling it as I see it.

Shame on you LouLou Shame on you

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I would be afraid to order anything from her, to be honest with you. I have read her forum and quite a few people have paid for their product and never received it. Bad business IMHO.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I would be afraid to order anything from her, to be honest with you. I have read her forum and quite a few people have paid for their product and never received it. Bad business IMHO.

Wow, That's not good, glad you let everyone know!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, thanks for reposting the link. The one in Loulou's letter that I posted has a full-stop (period) at the end, so no wonder the blue aligator jumps in to say his bit. .... Wink

I am prepared to send the original .pdf file to anyone who ordered from Lou, paid and did not receive the file - what would the copyright/intellectual property right legalities be?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I don't think there is any need if she's back, but I'm glad she is!
HippoMe wrote:
Toby, thanks for reposting the link. The one in Loulou's letter that I posted has a full-stop (period) at the end, so no wonder the blue aligator jumps in to say his bit. .... Wink

I am prepared to send the original .pdf file to anyone who ordered from Lou, paid and did not receive the file - what would the copyright/intellectual property right legalities be?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Just seen this message on the forum too (so someone is helping out and that means this won't be happenng again!):

Quote:
Hi tyger

My name's Anne. I'm Lou's new business partner.

Would you like to email me the details of your purchase at support@theagelessmethod.com, and I'll try my best to sort it all out for you?

I'm sorry that things have gone wrong for you. Lou's been very busy with family things and with our new version of Ageless, and she's found it hard to look in so many directions at once! Hopefully, now there's two of us, we can keep things going a bit more smoothly.

Warmest wishes

Anne
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really glad Loulou is back and okay--I know so many people were worried. I am relieved to hear that nothing terrible befell her. Smile

Yet at the same, I have mixed feelings about this situation. I really felt that her absence and her treatment of people (selling them product, but not delivering it and not responding to emails) was not acceptable. Also, I can't believe that during the time we were all so worried about her, she was working on a new product to sell, rather than dealing with all the people she left hanging and caused problems for; that's really *not* cool.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:06 am      Reply with quote
I too have mixed feelings about the situation. I've been there since the beginning. I have also tried my best to help since LL disappeared in march. MARCH!! In all that time she has not once come back to explain what is happening. She has not been too busy to write a quick note that is simply a lie. No one is too busy that in 8 months they can't take 2 mins to write an email No one. That is really crappy.
This is about marketing and money not about caring for the people buying her prog. Becauew if she cared one jot she would have explained herself months ago. I will not be spending any more money with her, it wouldn't sit well with me after the way she has behaved. The new FE prog is very good, more than enough infact, very versitile. At least at FE they support you properly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I really feel there is more going on behind the scenes, and Lou might not yet be ready to reveal what she has been going through just yet (and after threads like this I can't say I blame her one little bit). We really don't know what happened in that timing, but at least now she appears to be back and thats cause for celebration.

Come on cut the girl some slack. If you don't like her stuff, then don't buy it or get your refund. From what I've heard, people have gotten refunds, and the downloads etc have been reported to have worked many times (albeit for some it appeared in their junk folders etc) but you can't hold Loulou accountable for all of that.

I mean I too have the new FE, and I suspect I will get the new Ageles when its out - and I'm sure I'm not the only one, as all info is good info and we're all on a journey after all. No one size fits all with any program, not even FlexEffect and I might add people were quick enough to jump ship when Ageless came along (me being one of them) and I suspect the same will happen when the new Ageless is out. Look what Deb achieved with her latest version, why is it so bad to think Lou can't do the same (and probably will do!).
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I can't agree there I am happy to cut some slack but absolute silence since march is not on. Then suddenly reappearing to sell a product.
I personally thought she had more integrity than that. She has not done her name much good really. There are a lot of potential customers that will be put off buying the new product one because there is no proper support system and also because most people haven't even got the previous nor has she responded to them or paypal.
I think it is very amaturish

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:05 am      Reply with quote
My understanding was that paypal had processed and been processing refunds for people. I also noticed that the email from her new mailing list comes from Lou and Anne (who from the post on the Ageless forum says she is her new business partner) and seems to be trying to help people out - so it looks like she was building the support she must have needed to move forward.

I do believe she has integrity, but I feel there is something going on behind the scenes that she is not ready yet to speak up about. So whilst I understand peoples frustrations (and rightly so) all I'm suggesting is people give her the benefit of doubt until she is ready to go into those details.

This was her first business venture by herself, and you know I think she did good with it. It wasn't overpricey, and the support did seem good in the beginning. She has a genuine likeability and I know in the beginning (as you do) she was there daily), and don't think that would have stopped for no apparante reason.

Until we know more for definite from her, I think people should really stick to the facts known. Everyone's been complaining (and I include myself in this) for her disappearance, without knowing if she was ok or something bad had happened, and now she's back it seems like people just want to critcise her. Until we know the full story - I think we need to keep stum really.
claraboo wrote:
I can't agree there I am happy to cut some slack but absolute silence since march is not on. Then suddenly reappearing to sell a product.
I personally thought she had more integrity than that. She has not done her name much good really. There are a lot of potential customers that will be put off buying the new product one because there is no proper support system and also because most people haven't even got the previous nor has she responded to them or paypal.
I think it is very amaturish
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, i cant see why people are defending Lou Lou really.
In my mind there is no excuse for not posting one message in months and months.
After all, she is running a business here.... and has no doubt made money from it which is why she is launching a new product.
Everybody in life has problems, illnesses and family problems and if she didnt have the time for the forum thats fine.....but not being able to post one message in months is impossible to believe......it takes seconds. If she didnt want to post a message, why didnt a moderator?(wasnt one a 'close' friend?)
The fact she didnt post a message is very bad customer relations.....yet taking money and not delivering products was illegal the last i heard.
Overall, it is Lou Lou's character that has been discredited here. Integrity is very important in business - why should we believe that cosmetic surgery hasnt helped her looks enormously.....and that facial exercise played a supporting role - we only have her word after all.
To come back and finally put a message on the site plugging a new money making product shows a lack of empathy with people who required her advice.
This may seem quite a strong post, yet i cant see how anything could have stopped her or a friend writing a message months ago...... unless shes been in jail : ))
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:12 am      Reply with quote
The forum is turning hostile already, from those who seem to defend Lou no matter what, and appear to have more of an insight into her day-to-day life (hmm).

They're missing the point. The defenders assume customers want a long sob story or personal details about Lou as an explanation. They don't. No customer wants excuses, or convoluted stories about tragedies/illness..ignoring customers for months is bad business and destroys its reputation.

All the customer needs is a polite reply and to know that they're getting what they paid for.

Even more of a shocker, there's anonymous posts saying those who paid via Paypal could be lying about not getting their book/dvd/download!

I think Lou's "comeback" post, which more or less says, "Did you miss me? I have something new to sell you" is incredibly crass and not thinking of the bigger picture. It could almost be construed as sarcasm by those who had their fingers burned.

And (the fanclub loved this opinion) her new site looks quite dodgy. The whole hyperbole and "fill in your details for a report" style makes me run a mile. http://www.theagelessmethod.com/optin.html

I've no agenda, and thought Lou always came across well, appearing supportive, positive and friendly, but unfortunately you have to look at the facts. I get the feeling the supporters assume everyone who dares log in with something negative to say is trying to destroy her.

Not so. I bought the DVD and book when they were hot off the presses, and read and contributed to her forum avidly most of this year.

I've lost faith. Just my opinion of course, and at least I can express it here without getting nasty replies!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
LondonLucyGeorge
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I’ve just seen some of the goings on there and am a little shocked. I do recall reading stuff about her kids and father, but my main issue is that if she did have such issues why not just say so, or say I was out for personal reasons and that would be fine – no more questions. I’m open to the idea that there may be something going on (look at Deb from FlexEffect and her cancer – we were all cross she wasn’t available and all the time she was dealing with that but at least she spoke up about it and that kind of ended the not knowing).

I do think there are some facts that are being raised which are good points by both sides. I didn’t see there being an accusations of lying but I could have overlooked it as there are large essays going on there. When I read Lou’s message – its not so much she is saying “did you miss me” but “she missed us”. Its not a marketing message as such, in that she says if you have the current dvd/book that the exercises are pretty similar but from reading her message the new version is a day by day workbook approach with daily messages from her. That’s not something she promised with the first book at all, so I can kind of see why there are different reactions to it and understand both sides but I think there needs to be some official feedback from Lou or her partner as it does look like she just ditched her old fans and supporters and that requires explanation.

I’m also not privy to everything, so don’t know if there have been people who have logged on previously, but you get that with every forum and perhaps they have had their fingers burned in the past and so are overly sensitive – don’t know just guessing.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely, if Lou has had crises of course I sympathise.

She should have addressed the concerns of her customers right away in that initial post, regardless of the reasons for her absence. To not do so is either insensitivity or a lack of awareness.

There was one response saying that some are lying about not getting orders and trying to damage her..of course we don't know 100%, but if numerous people are saying they paid and didn't receive anything, it looks less likely.

And what about damage by your own hand, from neglecting your business for months? Life happens, but we know it takes seconds to post on a forum.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Ultimately there is no excuse.
If she had vanished for months, then reappeared and said she'd had personal problems...... i think most people would have had sympathy.
The problem is that despite any problems, she has found time to devise a new program to sell. So regardless of any personal problems, she has had time to focus on other things.....yet had no time to post a message taking seconds.
Nobody can defend that in all honesty.
LondonLucyGeorge
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Sure and I'm not defending Loulou at all or making excuses and think both sides have fair enough comments/questions. I personally don't agree with her actions I have to be the first to say, but I'm as curious as to anyone how she comes back without proper explanation but am open to the idea that there may be something I don't know (but I do wish she would share and put us out of our misery!).
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
LondonLucyGeorge wrote:
I’ve just seen some of the goings on there and am a little shocked. I do recall reading stuff about her kids and father, but my main issue is that if she did have such issues why not just say so, or say I was out for personal reasons and that would be fine – no more questions. I’m open to the idea that there may be something going on (look at Deb from FlexEffect and her cancer – we were all cross she wasn’t available and all the time she was dealing with that but at least she spoke up about it and that kind of ended the not knowing).

Maybe I should not say anything here, but in defense of Deb- For flexeffect - During Deb's absence working on her new edition, then her health battles, we have Claudia and others. Loli, and Sean who are both very good at giving extremely detailed answers.
Myself I tend to give very short answers, and I know most people prefer long details and I am not good at that so I jump in rarely. Although I am there and have been there for 11 years.
- we always try to answer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
i am cross-posting my post the Ageless if you Dare thread

"i think loulou was at fault for abandoning her customers who were not receiving their merchandise and emailing her about it, no doubt...but i can empathize, as a business owner who is bringing in something 'new' to the world...that there is often a lot of negativity from those who can't/don't appreciate the vision (in loulou's case of facial exercises)..and if one isn't prepared for that onslaught of negativity (even if one is prepared for it!) it is difficult to handle..and easy to want to abandon for a while...perhaps i am projecting onto loulou, but nonetheless that is my take on it...i imagine she didn't know how to handle correctly some of the intense (and,imo, expected) criticism of posters on her forum....(especially when she had been over-idealized/idolized at the beginning of her endeavor, even here on EDS..always a warning, imo, of equally intense negative feelings to come, often from the very same people who once idolized/idealized you ...i really am very very very wary of being idealized/'idolized').and allowed her helpers (and sometimes herself, imo) to engage w/them in an unbecoming way..and then felt helpless/fed-up w/the whole endeavor...no excuses for her..just total understanding of human nature..especially of a young woman..who, in my perspective, at age 65, loulou still is (at least young, at any rate in her life as a business woman)...hopefully she will learn from this experience, as i expect she already has in many ways...."

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bad Grin Rolling Eyes Laughing

In my humble opinion, (which I am fully entitled to), my opinion is that LouLou is pumped full of fillers (in this new video), and looks like crap compared to the videos we have from a year or so ago.

http://www.theagelessmethod.com/TruthAboutAgeingVideo.html

Granted, she looks like she put on a few pounds, but don't we all wish we could put on the "lbs" exactly where we want them.. i.e.: NL folds, under eye hollows and cheeks..? (If I had my druthers I'd reserve a few pounds for my 'boy hips' if it were me...)

Puhleeeze! What a crock of crap, (disguised as the results of facial exercise..Rolling Eyes) I am so sick of these so called skin care guru's, who are obviously taking such advantage of the *innocents* who fall for it all.

Feel free to delete my post for calling a spade a spade...

Thanks, I feel better now... wave

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Kassy, I hadn't seen it.

Fillers can be so subtle, I've no idea, personally (I'd like to believe that she hasn't as "no airbrushing or enhancements were used in this video" is used as a caveat, I'd assume that applies to fillers or am I being incredibly naïve Confused ).

I have the 1st edition Ageless book/video and it's a shame events have unfolded as they have.

Me, I wanted to reduce my "chin height" (as aesthetic surgeons call it) and thought Ageless could do it, but I succumbed to a chin reduction a few weeks ago). I did Ageless for about 5 months; though I had to give up completely post-surgery. On a positive note, my eyes did look more open and it did wonders for my upper lids.

Ignoring recent tantrums and tiaras, I sincerely wish Lou the best and I'm sure recent misunderstandings will get ironed out.

jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I havnt seen the video.....but in general i agree with Kassy.
I think facial exercise can be a usefull addition to an anti aging regime. Sure it can tone and lift to some extent. Can it alter the shape of somebodys face so drastically - i very much doubt that.
In my opinion, Deborah Crowley looks great but also looks natural.....so im more inclined to believe her results are a lot more from facial exercise than other 'gurus'.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I do think that Deb looks fantastic for her age, but not just her. Eva Fraser looks great too and I don't think has had any work done (but again I'm no expert here), but also there are several others. Gloria Martel to me is also another who looks fantastic, as well as Santa Marie Runge etc.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |