Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I got Permanent Makeup! And LOVE IT!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my eyebrows done with a technique called "hair stroke eyebrows" to make them look more natural. I was so impressed by this that I decided to get and "eyelash enhancement" with the permanent makeup as well. This is a picture of 2 wks post. It hurt like hell and this pic is after I got my lashes tinted and permed. I love not having to put on makeup everyday!

I used to have very thin, sparse and non-symmetrical brows that I had to fill in everyday. I can't tell you how happy that I did this and it wasn't as traumatic of an experience as I thought! I am telling all my family that they have got to do this because it is amazing and I am even more confident to go without makeup!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina, it looks beautiful! Love the shape of your brows! Wow, Where did you get it done at? Do you have any before pics of your brows?
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love your eyebrows. They are gorgeous. The shape of them is really nice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Very nice. Is that a permanent liner on the bottom? It looks perfect.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am highly interested in this--do you have any before photos that you would be willing to share? I was in a car accident in college and the scar tissue prevented patches of my eyebrows not to grow back. I would be interested in having this done as I, too, must fill in and define eyebrows daily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
I am highly interested in this--do you have any before photos that you would be willing to share? I was in a car accident in college and the scar tissue prevented patches of my eyebrows not to grow back. I would be interested in having this done as I, too, must fill in and define eyebrows daily.

Hi kristy,

Here is a whole gallery and the process is hair stroke. Smile

http://www.lastingmakeup.com/Photo%20Gallery.htm

Another

http://www.permanentmakeupbymary.com/

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
wow! That looks great! I guess makeup technology has come along way!

Soo...how painful on a scale of 1-10? Do you need to get it touched up in a few years..? Will the colour change??

Must look into this!
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
It looks very natural, and it is long lasting. I like it. And i am a very lazy girl, and make up skill is not nice. It suible for me. How much is it?
Katrosier
5% products discount

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Congrats. Your brows look gorgeous!
I got mine done a year ago and love the results too. I only have one tip for anyone who is considering it. Please go with a color that is neutral and lighter than your actual hair color. Unless you know for sure that you don't want to change your hair color. I got mine done in a dark brown (my hair was jet black back then) and had to have them retouched with a lighter color this year (my hair is medium brown now).

Also, please go to a permenant makeup artist NOT a tattoo parlor. The techniques and inks used in permanent makeup are different than those used for general tattooing, or atleast that's how it is in france.

All that being said, please don't let it put you off. Being able to go swimming without worrying about your eyebrows melting/washing off is liberating!

P.S My makeup is SEMI permenant, it lasts up to 5 years. Better option for those who like to change their makeup regularly Smile
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Katrosier wrote:
Congrats. Your brows look gorgeous!
I got mine done a year ago and love the results too. I only have one tip for anyone who is considering it. Please go with a color that is neutral and lighter than your actual hair color. Unless you know for sure that you don't want to change your hair color. I got mine done in a dark brown (my hair was jet black back then) and had to have them retouched with a lighter color this year (my hair is medium brown now).

Also, please go to a permenant makeup artist NOT a tattoo parlor. The techniques and inks used in permanent makeup are different than those used for general tattooing, or atleast that's how it is in france.

All that being said, please don't let it put you off. Being able to go swimming without worrying about your eyebrows melting/washing off is liberating!

P.S My makeup is SEMI permenant, it lasts up to 5 years. Better option for those who like to change their makeup regularly Smile

That sounds good to know, I have dark hair but are very light in my skin tone. My hair on the eyebrows are naturally black, as my lashes, but I have very few of them... it might be a good idea to choose a lighter colour even though I have dark hair. And if I for some reason wouldn't like the result, it will fade away in a couple of years..

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
I just got my eyebrows done with a technique called "hair stroke eyebrows" to make them look more natural. I was so impressed by this that I decided to get and "eyelash enhancement" with the permanent makeup as well. This is a picture of 2 wks post. It hurt like hell and this pic is after I got my lashes tinted and permed. I love not having to put on makeup everyday!

I used to have very thin, sparse and non-symmetrical brows that I had to fill in everyday. I can't tell you how happy that I did this and it wasn't as traumatic of an experience as I thought! I am telling all my family that they have got to do this because it is amazing and I am even more confident to go without makeup!

I say as the rest. I would be grateful if you would show a before picture. That looks just so beautiful - this picture really got my thinking about doing it myself. I have very thin eyebrows naturally, and Always fill in mine, I never go outside otherwise.. Wink

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Miss Tina your brows and eyes look fabulous!
(it helps to be as beautiful as you too) Please tell us where you had this done,whoever did it is a true artist. Thx.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Just beautiful Miss Tina! I am looking into this for my New Years project. These old eyes are getting harder to see with. That is a very natural technique, thanks for sharing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Is "Hair Stroke" something new? I know permanent cosmetics has been around for a while ,but I never heard of Hair Stroke? Thanks
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I have seen a lot of examples of tattooed brows,yours is the first that looks natural. I have been considering it because I have little bald patches that I have to keep filling in but was afraid it would come out looking like I had tatooed brows....painted on,I wanted a very natural look...and yes they would have to be lighter than my own hair color
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I like the lighter brows,they look more natural I think but I dont like the eyeliner...too harsh of a line and I dont like the lips,doesnt look natural and besides dont you get tired of the same color?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS! Really well done! I love Permanent Eye Makeup, but admittedly, had a bad eyebrow job that I am still trying to get rid of Sad ....Yet very happy with the eyeliner/lash enhancement that I've had done.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
gloria777 wrote:
Is "Hair Stroke" something new? I know permanent cosmetics has been around for a while ,but I never heard of Hair Stroke? Thanks

The woman who owns a nail/waxing salon who I know, she herself does permanent makeup and does this type of brow and all her permanent makeup looks so subtle and natural you would never guess it was tattooed on! She herself has someone do hers and again seeing her close up as she did my nails I never knew for almost a year (until she told me) that she had brows, lips and liner all done! It boils down to the expertise of the person doing it! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
the downside is that if your browns come out looking like they were drawn on with a sharpie pen...its permanent I dont know if I coud take that risk!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
the downside is that if your browns come out looking like they were drawn on with a sharpie pen...its permanent I dont know if I coud take that risk!

First off you look at the prior work of the tech, they are always darker immediately after being done and lastly there are various methods some that fade out in just 6 months and can be redone or not, others longer lasting. You need to research before committing to this. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Here are my eyebrows.Sorry the pics aren't the greatest. I actually lost the outer third of my brows after having a baby due to hormonal imbalances. So there's no real hair on the outer third, just tattoo.

The technique used was hair stroke AND tricolor shading. I also started out thin and thickened them gradually, just because I like them better thicker. But have had them super thin for a while, it was a way to get used to them being thicker again.
When I first got them done..

What the color faded to..

What they look like now after color change..
DSCN0887
Katrosier
5% products discount

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:
wow! That looks great! I guess makeup technology has come along way!

Soo...how painful on a scale of 1-10? Do you need to get it touched up in a few years..? Will the colour change??

Must look into this!

The first time I got them done it hurt less than the second time around! I'd say 4 for the first time and 8 for the second time. Some places use numbing cream.

If you opt for semi perm you will need to get touch ups.

Semi perm color will fade but it shouldn't change tone. A good tech who knows what they're doing will take your skin tone into account. My skin tone is yellow, if my tech had used a blue based color, it would have ended up looking green. It's basic color theory + proper evaluation of the client's skin tone.

Hope that helps!
Katrosier
5% products discount

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
gloria777 wrote:

It's newER. Basically, instead of filling in the brows with block color, you draw little hairs to mimick natural hair growth pattern.

Hair stroke is used a lot to fill in receding hairlines.
Katrosier
5% products discount

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I like the lighter brows,they look more natural I think but I dont like the eyeliner...too harsh of a line and I dont like the lips,doesnt look natural and besides dont you get tired of the same color?

You don't have to have a harsh line, you can ask for a blended or fade look. Color can be as soft or as strong as you want them. You can tattoo blush and even "concealer", so you can def. have a diffused look.

As for lips you don't have to have any "color". You can use a color that looks like your natural lips to correct asymmetry, make your lips look bigger, or correct a lipline that's depigmented. For people with darker skintones, lips sometimes look ashy, this is a good way to get a natural rosy look.You can always wear whatever lip color you want over it without the grey undertones showing through.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
It looks great Miss Tina.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |