Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Recommendations - Best Day/Night moisturizer/cream/lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sc
5% products discount

Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Based on many PPs' recommendations, I purchased the microfoliant & Dr. H clenser. I also purchased the Dr. H toner. I really trust all advise/suggestion/recommendation from this great forum.

Now what are the best day/night moisturizer/cream/lotion? How about the eye cream?

I live in southern California & I'm 38 w/ combination skin. I have large pore arond the nose area.

TIA!
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there

Dermalogica's Active Moist is a brilliant moisturiser for combination/oily skins.

Its one of the very few moisturisers I can use without breaking out. Do a search on this forum for active moist and youll see others rave about it too.

HTH

Farouk
Mabsy

Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Sc - I've got combo to normal skin (depending) and I like Dr H Quince Day Cream. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel is also very good but I do need a moisture booster underneath it most of the time as I don't find it moisturising enough (not sure if you'd be in the same boat or not). Valmont Bio Cellular High Performance Serum (which is actually a moisturising gel) is also very good. You might also like Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion if you like the fresh tingly feeling.

In terms of eye cream, my personal fave is the Cellcosmet Eye Contour cream and also the Babor Sensational Eyes cream. In terms of eye creams with SPF, I use Murad Essential C eye cream and so far this is my fave SPF eye cream.
sc
5% products discount

Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Sc - I've got combo to normal skin (depending) and I like Dr H Quince Day Cream. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel is also very good but I do need a moisture booster underneath it most of the time as I don't find it moisturising enough (not sure if you'd be in the same boat or not). Valmont Bio Cellular High Performance Serum (which is actually a moisturising gel) is also very good. You might also like Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion if you like the fresh tingly feeling.

In terms of eye cream, my personal fave is the Cellcosmet Eye Contour cream and also the Babor Sensational Eyes cream. In terms of eye creams with SPF, I use Murad Essential C eye cream and so far this is my fave SPF eye cream.

Thanks a lot!

I am not familiar with most of the products you recommended but I will check them out.

I used to purchase my skin care products from dept. store when they give free gifts. I tried almost every "name brands"(Shishedo, Lancom, Ester Lauder, Elizabeth Arden,... Embarassed Embarassed .Sorry for my terrible spelling..,). I'm just wondering why weren't any of the USA "popular" brand products recommended here?
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
hi there,

I live in San Diego, where are you? I bet you LOVE Fashion Valley mall for shopping! Great skincare/makeup! I am 43 with dry-dehydrated skin, oily forhead. Very Happy

I love Epiderm's Camellia oil at night for moisture. For eyecreams I am always trying something new. I like Bobbi brown for hydration in day, but just recently added Rose eye oil to my website and like that at night and love the scent. Cool

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:00 am      Reply with quote
sc wrote:

Thanks a lot!

I am not familiar with most of the products you recommended but I will check them out.

I used to purchase my skin care products from dept. store when they give free gifts. I tried almost every "name brands"(Shishedo, Lancom, Ester Lauder, Elizabeth Arden,... Embarassed Embarassed .Sorry for my terrible spelling..,). I'm just wondering why weren't any of the USA "popular" brand products recommended here?

Actually, department store products are recommended here (apart from Clinique Laughing ). The most common one I guess is Shiseido. The reason they don't usually feature in my recommendations is that i have tried many of the dept store brands (for many years) and didn't find anything that I really liked (or rather, didn't find many things that I liked). I prefer salon products and I also feel that less advertising costs and shelf space costs go into their price which (rightfully or wrongly) makes me feel better about buying the products because more often than not I'm also buying them on other people's recommendation rather than advertising (though I get sucked into that too - here's looking at you Chanel Eye Tonic and YSL Complexion Enhancer!). I tend to buy makeup from dept store brands but generally keep to salon brands for skincare.
Mabsy

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Sassyred wrote:
hi there,

I live in San Diego, where are you? I bet you LOVE Fashion Valley mall for shopping! Great skincare/makeup!

Sorry to hijack, I know this wasn't directed to me but I'm off to SD in May so I'm writing this down Smile Although, if I don't have much free time (it's a work trip) the SD Zoo will still win over this Embarassed
sc
5% products discount

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sassyred wrote:
hi there,

I live in San Diego, where are you? I bet you LOVE Fashion Valley mall for shopping! Great skincare/makeup! I am 43 with dry-dehydrated skin, oily forhead. Very Happy

I love Epiderm's Camellia oil at night for moisture. For eyecreams I am always trying something new. I like Bobbi brown for hydration in day, but just recently added Rose eye oil to my website and like that at night and love the scent. Cool

Hi,

I am in the Inland Empire, east of LA county. I did work in Del Mar for 1 yr (13yrs ago) - what a beautiful city. I still remember the view of hot-air balloons floating in the sky every afternoon on my way home.

Susan
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
hi Susan,

where I live now, every Sunday I see 5 balloons up in the air! Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |