Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Tammy Fender Firming Eye Gel Elder Flower & Green Myrtle
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Tammy Fender Firming Eye Gel Elder Flower & Green Myrtle for about a month and I have to say that I am really impressed. I was looking for something that would help keep my under eye area hydrated and plump up the fine lines I have under my eyes and this product works amazingly well for that. It is not a clear gel, it has the consistency of a lotion, but it absorbs well into the skin and really helps my under eye area look refreshed all day long. Concealer applies really well over it too.

One of the claims of this product is that it has a decongestive effect and I find this to be true. It reduces puffiness all day long.

I think the key ingredient in this product is the eye bright. According to the website:
Eye Bright: fights free-radical damage, contains several B vitamins and Vitamins A, C, D and E, high in iridoid glycosides, flavonoids and tannins, beneficial for reducing inflammation, astringent properties account for ability to drain mucus; stimulates lymph system effectively strengthening and improving circulation.

Here is a link to the website where you can purchase it.
http://store.tammyfender.com/products/Firming-Eye-Gel-Elder-Flower-%26-Green-Myrtle-%7C-Formula-No.-E%252d53G.html
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Jom, do you happen to use any of Tammy Fender's other products?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Jom, do you happen to use any of Tammy Fender's other products?

Hi rileygirl, I bought the customized travel kit which gives you a two week supply of products and you get to choose which ones you try. I got:

The lavender cleansing milk. It was OK but I will not purchase the full size. It made my skin look dull after cleansing which I didn't like, but I think it cleans just fine.

The Rose toner. It is nice, nothing special. I don't use toner so I won't be purchasing this.

The intensive repair balm. I did not like this on my face. It made my skin look dull and I broke out from it. I am using it as a cuticle/hand moisturizer and it works great for that.

Also included in the travel kit:

The lavender body oil which I did not find to be anything special and it is not fragrant enough. I prefer the Ole Henrickson lavender oil.

The Epi-Peel which is nice and reminds me of the Tracie Martyn exfoliator which I prefer slightly. It really exfoliates well. I may reorder this item.

The Quintessential Serum. This is the star product and a real standout! I use this every morning and I love how clear it makes my skin and moisturized. I love this product! Lots of great ingredients!

I also love the eye gel as I posted earlier. The travel kit is a great way to test the products before buying full sizes. There is enough to last more than two weeks I think.

I also bought the shampoo and conditioner. I returned the shampoo because I prefer volume (see my post about Sojourn shampoo) and this made my hair rather flat. I kept the conditioner because it smells great (as does the shampoo) and it works well.

One other thing I bought that I absolutely LOVE is the Limited Edition Feed bag body cleanser and moisturizer. These products are top of the line, an amazing treat. I went through the cleanser in a month though so I can't afford to use that as my regular cleanser. It was just a nice treat (and some of the proceeds when to a good cause) and the body lotion that comes with it is amazing too. My skin has never been so soft.

That's All!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Thanks so much, Jom. This was a great review of her products! I actually was interested in the intensive repair balm, so I am so glad that you mentioned that one! Did you get the products at her site?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Wow, Thanks so much, Jom. This was a great review of her products! I actually was interested in the intensive repair balm, so I am so glad that you mentioned that one! Did you get the products at her site?

Yes, I bought them from her website. I think SpaceNK just started carrying her line too.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Yes, I bought them from her website. I think SpaceNK just started carrying her line too.

Thanks Jom!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:

Thanks Jom!

Did you check this out Riley? Smile

http://store.tammyfender.com/products/Capillary-Strengthening-Blend-%7C-Formula-No.-CB%252d459-%281-oz%29.html

Capillary Strengthening Blend | Formula No. CB-459 (1 Oz)

This revolutionary reparative oil advances the skin’s natural healing and restorative process.

Beneficial for:

Sensitive,
Cuprous / Redness
   Price: $80.00

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Did you check this out Riley? Smile

http://store.tammyfender.com/products/Capillary-Strengthening-Blend-%7C-Formula-No.-CB%252d459-%281-oz%29.html

Capillary Strengthening Blend | Formula No. CB-459 (1 Oz)

This revolutionary reparative oil advances the skin’s natural healing and restorative process.

Beneficial for:

Sensitive,
Cuprous / Redness
   Price: $80.00

Yes. I have been eyeballing that one for months now! I am right on the verge of trying it! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, I honestly wasn't setting out to tempt you, I had to check out the site because I had an elderberry and cucumber night cream (now discontinued) and it was awesome! I then saw the product for broken caps! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I had to check out the site because I had an elderberry and cucumber night cream (now discontinued) and it was awesome!

So, you have used Tammy Fender products before, Darkmoon?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
I had to check out the site because I had an elderberry and cucumber night cream (now discontinued) and it was awesome!

So, you have used Tammy Fender products before, Darkmoon?

No it was another brand I just see elderberry and my ears perk up! LOL, The products look impressive though so tempted! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Looking at the ingredients for the Quintessential Serum for $175.00 is pretty steep?

DIRECTIONS AND INGREDIENTS
Ingredients
Brassica Campestris (and) Aleutrities Fordi Oil, *Rose Hip Seed Oil, *Sunflower Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Pure essential oils of Rose, Frankincense, Chamomile, Oleoresin.
*Certified Organic

Have not found define Aleutrities Fordi oil yet?

Brassica rapa (syn. Brassica campestris), commonly known as field mustard or turnip mustard is a plant widely cultivated as a leaf vegetable (see mizuna), a root vegetable, and an oilseed.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassica_campestris

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Looking at the ingredients for the Quintessential Serum for $175.00 is pretty steep?

Ingredients
Brassica Campestris (and) Aleutrities Fordi Oil, *Rose Hip Seed Oil, *Sunflower Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Pure essential oils of Rose, Frankincense, Chamomile, Oleoresin.
*Certified Organic

Brassica rapa (syn. Brassica campestris), commonly known as field mustard or turnip mustard is a plant widely cultivated as a leaf vegetable (see mizuna), a root vegetable, and an oilseed.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassica_campestris

I agree it is expensive, but some things are worth paying for! This is a great product that does what it says it will do. It is one ounce of product. You only need to use a tiny bit so one bottle could last up to a year. (Compared to the new Karin Herzog serum @ $230 per ounce it is a steal and this is for a pure, organic essential oil product with high quality ingredients, it does not contain salicylic acid like the KH product does which I think takes away from using an oil product).
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Ingredients
*Certified Organic

Have not found define Aleutrities Fordi oil yet?

Try this:

http://www.nicnas.gov.au/publications/CAR/new/Ltd/LtdFULLR/ltd1000FR/ltd1461FR.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I agree jom, however for me I have an apothecary of essential oils and make a replenishing oil with most of those oils plus a few not there. I guess I have spoiled myself with the DIY option and the initial expense makes much more! Very Happy
It's not everyone's thing so I get that completely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lacy,

I have heard of Tung Oil! I think I will mix my own as usual. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I agree jom, however for me I have an apothecary of essential oils and make a replenishing oil with most of those oils plus a few not there. I guess I have spoiled myself with the DIY option and the initial expense makes much more! Very Happy

I'm definately not a DIY girl! Laughing Oh, how I wish I were! I've even taken a couple of aromatherapy classes, but it just never stuck.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I'm definately not a DIY girl! Laughing Oh, how I wish I were! I've even taken a couple of aromatherapy classes, but it just never stuck.

You have to do what works for you! I find the oil blends the easiest DIY thing of all. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
For anybody considering this check for Aleutrities Fordi oil AKA Tung Oil especially if you have nut allergies.

As the source of tung oil is a nut, people with nut allergies often report adverse reactions to contact with (or even the odour of) tung oil. Reactions can be severe in some cases. While tung oil has been used for many centuries as a finish for kitchen items such as wooden bowls and cutting boards, some individuals must avoid its use.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tung_oil

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Tammy Fender Capillary Strengthening oil and have been using it for a few days now. Obviously nothing to report on results at this time, but I wanted to say that this oil absorbs right in and leaves no "oily" feel at all. It is what I call a "dry oil" leaving no feel in my skin.

I got a sample of the eye gel and it really is pretty effective for my undereye area and fine lines. However, I used it on my lids and my eyes got itchy and swollen. This was my fault. I sent them an email and they said they don't recommend applying it to lids, only to the brow bone! I have used it since with no problems (just not on the lids). I do like it under my eyes, but I want something that I can use under my eyes and on the lids, so I won't purchase the full size.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I purchased the Tammy Fender Capillary Strengthening oil and have been using it for a few days now. Obviously nothing to report on results at this time, but I wanted to say that this oil absorbs right in and leaves no "oily" feel at all. It is what I call a "dry oil" leaving no feel in my skin.

I got a sample of the eye gel and it really is pretty effective for my undereye area and fine lines. However, I used it on my lids and my eyes got itchy and swollen. This was my fault. I sent them an email and they said they don't recommend applying it to lids, only to the brow bone! I have used it since with no problems (just not on the lids). I do like it under my eyes, but I want something that I can use under my eyes and on the lids, so I won't purchase the full size.

Glad you're enjoying the capillary oil. Interesting about your lids, I apply it on my lids all the way up to my brow bone and have not experienced any irritation. The more I use this eye gel the more I like it!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Glad you're enjoying the capillary oil. Interesting about your lids, I apply it on my lids all the way up to my brow bone and have not experienced any irritation. The more I use this eye gel the more I like it!

Jom, I am going to try it again, because I was thinking maybe it wasn't the eye gel, maybe I got some of the capillary oil mixed in. I'll report back if I have the same problem or not. I'll try it tonight! I do like this eye gel, myself!
havana8

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
The eye gel sounds like a great product. Do you find that the eye gel migrates into your eyes at all?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
The eye gel sounds like a great product. Do you find that the eye gel migrates into your eyes at all?

No, it does not migrate into my eyes. It absorbs quickly and easily into the skin and keeps my eye area looking hydrated all day. It also plumps up my fine lines.
havana8

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Jom. Just what I was hoping!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |