Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Old Eczema scar- what to do please???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aicha007
5% products discount

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! 

This is my first ever post. First of all I must say I love this forum! I can see there are s lot of knowledgeable people here and those who may have had similar experiences or problems that I've had. Good to know I'm not the only imperfect person on Earth! 

I had a patch of eczema on my shin as a child. All I can remember is wearing skirts or shorts and having an area over my shin that used itch like crazy. I remember the satisfaction of scratching but also the sharp throbbing pain that would follow when I stopped scratching asblood seeped through my skin. I can't remember when it started, but do remember it was present through junior school all the way through to high school. I don't know why I never saw a doctor for it. I don't even know why my mum didn't take me to a doctor. I know she had some form of blemish on her leg which disappeared, so I guess she may have thought it was the sane thing and would eventually disappear. Well that didn't happen unfortunately. 

I eventually stopped scratching it when the area became infected when I was 16. I don't think it was cellulitis that I got, but it did get really yucky as my skin cracked and had pus in it. When it dried up I went and saw my doctor. Obviously by that age I was alot more independent so I didn't have to wait for my mum to take my doctor gave me a steroid cream.. And before long my eczema had gone and I never once felt the need to itch. It's annoying to think had I been treated sooner then perhaps I could have avoided the scarring? I'm not even sure if the scar is from eczema itself or from the infection. 

Anyway, the problem at hand now is a s huge hyperpigmented area with bits of hypopigmented patches along the length of my right shin. It's flat and not well demarcated but there is a distinct difference in the skin colour compared to the remainder of my pale olive skinned leg. 

As I don't ever bare my legs I have kinda forgotten about it although it is too big to ignore. It has impacted on my lifestyle as it means I can't go swimming, or sit it in a sauna.. Or even wear short skirts.. As I hope to one day get married, I want to sort this out before I scare a husband away!

How should I go about treating myself? I did show my doctor and she didn't have much to offer. I showed a dermatologist but he offered me a radical/experimental option- I was gonna be a case study and he and a colleague were gonna try harvesting stem cells from elsewhere and placing them in my shin. He didn't seem interested in giving me a more viable option..

I showed my leg to an aesthetician and she suggested Cosmolan or something. She said in house treatment would be about £1000 or home treatment would be £200 a time. Still very expensive! 

Is it true for a problem such as mine doing a peel would be no good? I think my scar is pretty deep set do perhaps a peel followed by bleaching or fading would be the way to go? 

I do apologies for the length of my post! I think it's refreshing to see people here helping themselves and each other. I've searched high and low for an answer.. Even searched YouTube! But seems like everyone there has perfect legs! 

I really look forward to any suggestion that might come my way. Thank you for reading to the end! X
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
If I were you, I'd buy this:

http://www.inviciblescars.com/index.html

I haven't used it myself, but it does look promising.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I haven't ventured there yet but many have luck with dermarolling but it takes time. Also a number of members swear by copper peptides again it takes time. I would read through those threads and ask questions to the long term users of those, a last note some do use both for maximum results. Smile

5% products discount

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your replies! I was beginning to think that perhaps my problem was too difficult to treat.. but glad you've made suggestions of the routes I could take. I will definitely have a look into them.

As I am having laser hair removal done at the moment, I think I might wait till the treatment is over (have had 2/6 so far) in case my skin reacts more adversely to everything happening to it all at once.. how long would you suggest I wait before I start dermarolling? Its alright if you aren't sure, I will ask on one of the dermarolling threads.

Thank you so much for replying to my long post though, much appreciated!
Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Aicha007,

I think you will find the best advice from those who have been there and done that! Smile I can honestly say I don't know especially with the treatments you are undergoing now. Sorry I can't help more, but having read the forum for a good while those 2 options seem to have the most success stories on improving/eliminating scars. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Dark Moon! I'll do just that Smile Thanks for trying to help though!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Aicha007 wrote:
Thank you Dark Moon! I'll do just that Smile Thanks for trying to help though!

You are welcome and good luck with improving/removing the scar! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I haven't been using copper peptides long enough to know whether it makes a difference, but many swear by them.

I've had an interesting experience with the PSF o2 serum recently. I had a discoloration on my back from shingles. It was dark purple. I started spraying the o2 serum on the spot and it is fading. It has been pretty amazing. The ironic part was that I had decided the o2 serum was a never purchase again product for me - I really didn't notice any difference on my face. Because I didn't see any difference, I decided to try it on the spot on my lower back ... surprise surprise !!!

5% products discount

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Time2bMe! Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post Smile I think its awesome you are seeing an improvement.
I think I've left my problem for such a long time and am now finally getting laser hair removal.. so by the time that's over I hope to have gained enough info on the next course of action.. can't wait!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck Aicha !!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:42 am      Reply with quote
The scarring is due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation after scratching in eczema. The treatment for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Apply hydroquinone cream on this scar and it should go away in a few days to months. If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion. Avoid picking, harsh scrubbing, and abrasive treatments unless prescribed by a dermatologist during this period.
Aicha007
5% products discount

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Time2Bme!

SecretB5StopsAcne thanks for the info. Its good to be able to give the pigmentation a name now. I remember when I saw the dermatologist 2 years ago it had been difficult to muster up the courage to show it to him in the first place as I was seeing him at that time for my face (acne). Anyway, when he did see it, it was like he'd never seen anything like it before! That really made my confidence plummet - I mean he is a Consultant Dermatologist, and if the best thing he could offer me was some sort of stem cell replacement, then my problem must be that much incurable!

I think I will definitely try and get a hold of some HQ and apply that once my laser hair removal is done. Before then, do you think it would be ok to start dermarolling with a 1.5mm roller just to improve the quality of my skin? I was thinking of doing this on days after my laser hair removal appointment so my skin would have 6 weeks to recover before the next session..

Thanks so much for your help guys!

Surprised
JonnyNJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the Invincible Scars product. I don't have any eczema scars so I'm going to try it on my miscellaneous scars- a few small indented acne scars, a surgery scar, acid burn scars, and two scars from deep cuts.

And, in the interests of experimentation- I have read a few articles that say that wrinkles like nasal-labial folds are caused by the formation of scar tissue. If I look at the inside of my 'folds', they have a reddish, mottled look. So, maybe they are scars Rolling Eyes or at least damaged skin.
I am going to try it on the fold on the left side of my face since it is deeper than the one on the right side. I'm also going to put it on the left line of my eyebrow 11. And since I ordered the EL Perfectionist Wrinkle filler, I will use that on the right side.

And we will sit and wait and see what happens.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |