Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can you use eye cream all over your face?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have so many eye creams I bought that I don't like for my eyes. Instead of just throwing it away, can I just use it on my face?
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Of course, providing your face likes them. Eye creams aren't that different (if at all) to face creams. It's mostly marketing!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Sure I guess you can too, but it really depends on your skintype etc and the cream your using. I have very dry skin, and so at times do often apply my eye cream to not only my eyes, but my lips and any particular dry areas that need extra TLC. Eyecreams come in such little pots though, that it would be quite expensive for me to apply to my whole face every day but its a great way to recycle for sure.
Natalyn wrote:
I have so many eye creams I bought that I don't like for my eyes. Instead of just throwing it away, can I just use it on my face?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

I have this same problem, they all seem to make my eyes tear so I use them on my face and don't laugh but for cuticle creams! It beats throwing them away and they work to moisturize! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:58 am      Reply with quote
You know thats a very good idea - re cuticle creams and I'm going to give that a try the next time I have an eyecream I don't like! Good one DM.
DarkMoon wrote:
I have this same problem, they all seem to make my eyes tear so I use them on my face and don't laugh but for cuticle creams! It beats throwing them away and they work to moisturize! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:39 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
You know thats a very good idea - re cuticle creams and I'm going to give that a try the next time I have an eyecream I don't like! Good one DM.
DarkMoon wrote:

Necessity is the mother of invention! Smile If I hadn't found other uses for eye creams it would have been a fortune in the garbage! Now if I could only find one that doesn't irritate my eyes I would be set. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. Eye creams are just lighter versions of the face moisturizer.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
They're more gentle than face creams so yes, though some face creams should not be used on the eye area as they might be too harsh or too rich.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Oh thank you for all your responses. I will start using it on my face and arms just to use it up. One of them is the KH brand, and it's pretty expensive, but it's ok. It'd be better than throw it away.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I will never use an eye cream for the face because the ingredients are specially for the eye area alone. Maybe you can try on your neck? Smile

Natalyn wrote:
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:11 am      Reply with quote
that's a good idea to use eye cream on face and neck. I got a number of abandoned eye cream at home too!!

yup, I will try to use it on my face and neck too, more environmental friendly and can save money!!
ShastaGirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, my neck has been the recipient of many creams I didn't like near my eyes or on my face. Very Happy

I also use them on the tops of my hands.

It's a great way to use up the creams instead of tossing them.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
hmmmmm....... Laughing Laughing

don't "see" why not!

Get it!! "see"

Laughing

BF - feeling silly
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
hmmmmm....... Laughing Laughing

don't "see" why not!

Get it!! "see"

Laughing

BF - feeling silly

LOL. Love silly!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:33 am      Reply with quote
You could use eye creams as anti wrikle or on frown lines I guess.

I can't use most face creams around the eye area. most face creams that contain vitamin C, acids, essential oils make my skin burn.

Thankfully I do not waste much on eye creams and only buy things I've sampled before.
Usually I have been able to get samples of most skin things that interest me.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

Yes, you can.

I occasionally use the Obagi Elastiderm eye cream all over my face....unfortunatley Obagi don't do an Elastiderm a face cream!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:41 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Natalyn wrote:

DM, this is what I've been doing as well ... it has really helped my cuticles. My poor fingers will likely go into shock once all my eye & face cream is used up, because I won't be buying high end products for the cuticles !!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I think that the skin of the eye area is thin and is similar to the neck skin.

Since I can't find a good neck care products so far, I now use my eye care products on my neck. Hope can get a good result Laughing Laughing
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
That's a good idea Katy ... of course, it will get costly. The eye cream jars are so small and the neck area is a lot larger than the eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've used my eye cream as face, neck & chest cream once in awhile.

If I got samples of any type of cream that I don't like, I just use it on my feet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
If I got samples of any type of cream that I don't like, I just use it on my feet.

Laughing Laughing I do the same thing !!! I almost choked when I realized how much some of the products cost. One of the samples I used on my toes cost close to $100 if you bought it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I know, but I have to admit that I do use a very expensive eye cream from Cellcosmet and really loving it after all these years. Other high brands simply don't work for me.

5% products discount

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:32 am      Reply with quote
To the person that said eye creams are basically the same as face moisturizers, how do they justify such a high cost in a smaller bottle? I always thought eye creams were higher concentrations of similar materials, but then a lot of people here are saying that they feel their eye creams are lighter than face moisturizer. Does that imply we're paying more for less product and also less quality??
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
knathani wrote:
To the person that said eye creams are basically the same as face moisturizers, how do they justify such a high cost in a smaller bottle? I always thought eye creams were higher concentrations of similar materials, but then a lot of people here are saying that they feel their eye creams are lighter than face moisturizer. Does that imply we're paying more for less product and also less quality??

Take a look at the same brand/line and the ingredients in both the moisturizer and the eye cream are usually identical, it's a great way to sell you a tiny amount for an absurd amount of money. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
The only thing is that while the ingredients may be the same the concentration of them may be different. Even if they are in the same order, you can't be sure that the amounts of some of the ingredients aren't higher.

I'm not disputing that many of the companies put identical creams into a smaller container and charge more for it, but I've also had some eye creams that are definitely different. You can tell by the feel of them on your skin.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Fake Bake Bronzy Babe Pressed Powder (11 g / 0.39 oz) Skin Biology Tinpep Hand Cream Large (114 g / 4 oz) RevitaLash Simply Stunning Lashes (2 items)