Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you use botox for crows feet?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I am 56,I have crows feet...thats my only bad wrinkle area.I had botox in the crows.It is truly amazing.My crows can extend practically all the way to the side of my face when I smile big.Now with botox when I smile my crows only go out less than 1/2 inch...and only one line...which is natural even for someone who isnt old. This is the #1 beauty treatment I really feel gives you cluck for your buck because this stuff is so amazing its elimnates those pesky lines....you cant tell I have had it because I can freely smile,its not frozen like the area of the forehead would be.I do not get it in the forehead because I think an egghead smooth forehead screams fake. Does anyone else use this in the crows feet? Most amazing beauty treatment...anyone else use botox in the crows?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I've had it in the past but don't get it as regularly as I do for my 11s - my crows feet aren't that bad but my 11s are.

Botox is definitely the most effective treatment around, that's for sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I do. Botox is fabulous and no cream or serum comes any where close to giving me similar results.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I have once and haven't needed it since. It was about 2 years ago and I loved it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have once and haven't needed it since. It was about 2 years ago and I loved it.

Are you saying that it seemed to permently improve your crows feet? Good for you!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I wish it was permanent! Botox for most people lasts maybe 3 to 6 mos at the very most; for me it BARELY lasts 6 to 8 weeks. I have seen where it was been used in the platysmal chords on the neck,those cords that come down the neck on the sides of the throat are very aging. Botox is pretty effective in making them disappear....I am thinking about it but I am afraid maybe it might close up my throat and I might not breathe(although I heard that would not happen)I heard than morgan fairchild gets it in her neck,she is over 60 and her neck looks very young,actually she is one movie star that still looks the same she has never aged!
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:05 am      Reply with quote
I get Botox just for crow's feet too. Been getting it done every 3 to 4 months for nearly 18 months now. I love it. My crow's feet are truly hideous without it.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
it is nothing short of miraculous in the crows feet area, its an outstanding product for that area and nothing can even begin to compare. A lot of people think they dont have crows feet, thats because they dont see themselves laughing...thats when they really show and its extremely aging IMHO.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm getting this for crow's feet next week. $250 sounds like a good price. Never had it done. Any advice? Will I look odd the next day at work? Bruised? I know it takes a while to kick in, right? I thought I read that you have to do some sort of facial exercise to distribute it properly.

My problem is hollowed eyes due to bleph surgery and when I smile, not only do I get the wrinkles but it looks like I have bags under my eyes because the skin bunches up or something. In the future I am thinking about getting that deep filler near the eyeball and bone under my eyes, but now it scares me. I think I may need to see an oculoplastic surgeon to feel confident, since he will be very well acquainted with the structure of the eyelids.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have crows feet but $250 sounds good to me for that area. There are a lot of places that charge "per area" instead of "per unit" which I think is a total rip off. My derm was charging "per area" but they are now going back to "per unit" pricing as consumers are getting fed up with over charging and business is slowing for botox. I just got botox for the second time in my 11 area a few days ago just to smooth out my forehead at $10 per unit with my derm. I have a dent that goes right down the middle that on some days seems to stick and other days it's invisible...so using botox as a preventative. But I love the stuff! My forehead looks so smooth...

As far as the movement goes, my derm tells me to frown that area every so often just to get the botox working and dispersed where it needs to go for the first day. Good luck with your first botox experience! You'll love it....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Botox is the best..and should cost around $11 a unit if you shop around.

It will get rid of your crows feet..and better yet...your products, like retin a will work on that area and repair some of the wrinkles.

It is amazing stuff.
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="SoftSkin"]I'm getting this for crow's feet next week. $250 sounds like a good price. Never had it done. Any advice? Will I look odd the next day at work? Bruised? I know it takes a while to kick in, right? I thought I read that you have to do some sort of facial exercise to distribute it properly.

The price sounds good. I pay per unit though & i only get 6 units for the left eye & 12 for the right. You should look fine straight after the procedure but may want to very gently apply a little bit of foundation to any tiny bruises/marks. Mine usually kicks in within 48 hrs. I'm always adviced to smile lots within the first few hours, not to rub my face or exercise intensely for 24 hours.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
mine kicks in after 48 hrs, for others it can take up to 10 days.Yes you can bruise,stop taking vitamin e , fish oil and aspirin 1 week prior to help avoid bruising.Technique makes a difference. some drs are in a hurry,sometimes then you will bruise and it takes 2 weeks to go away.You should always ask how much a unit it costs for botox.ask them how many units in an area if they charge by area and then do the math. I have seen it as low as 8 a unit, yes the price has dropped due to the economy and the new dysport.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
mine kicks in after 48 hrs, for others it can take up to 10 days.Yes you can bruise,stop taking vitamin e , fish oil and aspirin 1 week prior to help avoid bruising.Technique makes a difference. some drs are in a hurry,sometimes then you will bruise and it takes 2 weeks to go away.You should always ask how much a unit it costs for botox.ask them how many units in an area if they charge by area and then do the math. I have seen it as low as 8 a unit, yes the price has dropped due to the economy and the new dysport.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I would be very careful about filler under the eye, you can bruise very badly there and it can also get lumpy under the eye. Before doing botox you also want to take arnica before during and after, that will help to prevent bruising...
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to Whole Foods tomorrow to buy Arnica. My botox is on Thursday. Thanks for the tip.

As for undereye filler, the kind I want to get is the kind that is deep, not shallow, in the eye socket, so it isn't visible. That's why it's scary, so near the eyeball.

This dermatologist said she gives Radiesse in nasolabial folds but also goes deeply so you don't see that telltale ridge of filler when you smile, a dead giveaway that someone has had Restylane. The Radiesse lasts longer, too. I think her price was either $575 or $595 but I can't afford it now. Besides, starting January 1 I am stopping all the "bad" carbs I'm eating now during the holidays, so my face will look thinner without all the bloating and I will get a better result.

My doc seems to be good -- she teaches at USC Medical School and her facial skin looks amazing. Of course, she is Korean so has that smooth Asian complexion which seems to be natural. She also injects herself.
cupcakeaddict

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I have to say I really love my botox injections at my crows feet area. I am 41 and get compliments all of time.

I have also inherited my Father's skin type and predisposition to crows feet wrinkling. The RN who does my injections, is quite conservative. When I smile, I still am able to see very good movement and a few lines, it looks quite natural. I have been a botox fan for about 5 years now and do it 3 times a year.

I did try it between my eyebrow area, but it felt like overkill. I do not have any frown lines or forehead wrinkling yet.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wow SS! Radiesse in my area is $700 per, it's funny how much prices vary on this stuff geographically. I wish it would just be straight pricing across the board and not such a high mark-up. I mean, enough for them to make some extra cash but not enough to rob us blind!! Rolling Eyes

I am actually going to get my cheeks done on the 9th of December. But will be opting for Juve Ultra at $550/per as I have always had great results with it in the past. I've had it high on the cheeks before, but this will be the first go with the apples too...I am totally stoked about it and can't wait to see the results, it's my 40th birthday present from my darling sis...gotta love her! She does have motives though, she wants to get her cheeks done but wants me to be the guinea pig so she can see the results Laughing

But back on botox, I had mine done again on the 23rd and usually by the 2nd day it starts to kick in...I still have a slight bit of movement yet in my 11 area, but by early next week I will be good to go.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I have had radiesse many times and it is not approved for under the eyes,that is an off label use. I do know someone who had a bad result from radiesse under the eye that resulted in very bad black bruising that lasted for months.I would be careful.I had it in my nasal folds before...it is one of the most painful shots you can get. If you ever get it, make sure you get a dental block,once I didnt and I almost fainted it was so painful.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyluc, did you get the Radiesse in nasolabial folds deeply? Is that why it was so painful? I've had Restylane in that area and it was bearable but perhaps that was done shallowly.

I bought a liquid herbal extract of Arnica at Whole Foods today and will take ten drops in water at least twice a day till my botox. I've stopped my Vit E as well till then. I'm going to take extra Vit C to prevent bleeding and bruising as well.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Well radiesse should be injected deeply to avoid lumps and radiesse is simply a much more painful injection, so prepare yourself for it. It did not last that long less than 6 mos so I opted for artefill a permanent filler, not sure that was the right thing to do either....
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm no longer a botox virgin and it hurt less than when I lost my "real" virginity decades ago. Very Happy

Because I'd never had it before, my derm only injected the outer crows feet area instead of also doing it under my eyes. Three jabs on each side and I could hardly feel it. She just told me to smile and squint my eyes for the first hour to get the botox into the tissues and to NOT lie down for an hour. For the first five or ten minutes, I had little lumps of the liquid at each injection site but then after that first hour I only had little pinpricks of scabs on the injection sites. No bruising. She said to give it about four days for it to work. I'm hoping it will be sooner. I'll be curious to see how long it lasts. My fillers tend to last longer on me than on most people.

The price was only $160! It would have been $250 if I'd also had the area under my eyes done. That is a great price.

I also felt confident knowing that she had botox injected between her eyes and all around her eyes but she had a very expressive, natural looking face, just no wrinkles. She is in Glendale CA -- PM me if you want her name and address.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, two days later and the botox is working. I look natural and don't feel anything strange in that area. Now I wish I'd had more! I can see how this becomes addictive.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Wow, two days later and the botox is working. I look natural and don't feel anything strange in that area. Now I wish I'd had more! I can see how this becomes addictive.

It's addictive because it's the only thing that works!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I should have not read this post... Not talking

I am all for massage, facial exercise,... and lately I'm remembering how pleased I was after my botox shot three years ago... Rolling Eyes , and so I go and come accross this post...!!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |