Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermacycling (Best Value) 7 colored LED's plus Microcurrent
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:
I will definitely keep you all updated. I think it will be pretty amazing. I actually had a local esthetician do a treatment last Saturday on 11/20 and it did feel heavenly.

That is why I went forward and purchase it without anyone else's feedback.

I plan on combining it with dermarolling. Every 4 weeks I will dermaroll and then use the dermacycle LED and microcurrent afterward to help it heal.

On a weekly basis I will use the dermacycle once per week per the instructions.

I expect after 12 months of using both that the results will be outstanding.

I will let you all know when I get the machine.

betsyaida , Can you tell me please if the treatment was done with the same machine?
I ordered it with 150 cad from eBay haven't received it yet - now I have the dilemma what kind of gel I should use ... I just bought from Nancy the green tea serum for Led treatment ... Should I use it or to add something else too?
thank you
betsyaida
5% products discount

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, the esthetician used the exact same machine. I am not sure which gel would be best but I bet one of the other ladies here will know. I can't wait until someone reports back. I have a feeling others will receive there machines before me. I won't receive my machine for another couple of weeks Sad
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you B Smile and thank you for leting us know about it . I can't wait as well ... Any chance that you can ask your estetician about the gel?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just received mine. Will try it out next week!! Very Happy
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lipglossdoll,

may I ask whom did you order it from? It is always nice to know a reliable seller. Also, what conductive gen do you plan to use it with?
Did it come with a manual in English?

Thanks in advance!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
ebay seller is bigcamel77

It came very quick, free shipping as well. It did come with instructions in English, but they really do not tell you much, same as I have found online.

I really wish I could find some more indepth instructions though. I will try this out next week, busy week-end. Very Happy
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lipglossdoll,

thank you so much.
I am lemming it so much, and I had already bought Slendertone for the face (got it from England) - and like it a lot so far(lifted my cheeks quite a bit); am waiting for Skindream Titanium (should come in next week); the idea of my husband meeting another gadget .....

Oh well..

Thanks again!

5% products discount

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I am new to this Forum and love the massive amount of USER information you all share here.
Just wondering if any of the persons who've purchased one of these gadgets (Dermacycling (Best Value) 7 colored LED's plus Microcurrent)
has had a chance to use it and has some feedback on it?
I am an x-lifesaver in Northern Australia trying to fix the damage to my skin (capillaries, large pores, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
BUMP, Any updates or is everyone too busy until after the new year crazies?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies - I received mine 2 weeks ago and I already had 3 tretments.So far so good , it feels very relaxing and in the end of the tretment my face looks fresher - I am not sure if I see any improvment next day but I don't expect to miracles. I am not sure also if I use it in a right way and with the right serum.I have a matrixil serum that I apply and after that I just wet a bit my face with green tea. I used to have a nuface and I remember that the gel was very important there and actually was doing a big difference Maybe I should buy the nuface -gel
Also not sure about the movments I have to do.
Boottom line I like it and I like the feeling ..if it works ...will see probably in one month
SandyT
5% products discount

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I recieved mine 2 weeks ago also, but had to leave it under the Christmas tree until last week. Drove me crazy..I was thinking about unpacking it, putting in some "fake filler" back in the box and sealing it up before giving it to my husband to wrap. I just couldn't figure out how I was going to get it back in the darn box before opening presents on Xmas morning. Oh well! Rolling Eyes
I have used it 4 times (every other day) alternating between the red light/microcurrent and blue light/microcurrent settings. Using a gel of pure hyaluronic acid and electrolyte serum for easy gliding. This unit does not put out any heat which I like. The LED heads are so large that it really keeps the treatment time down to a workable schedule. I have wrinkles AND breakouts/clogged pores that I am trying to improve. I am seeing a slight improvement in the clogged pores and the smoothness of my skin. The only way to discribe it is the pores that are still clogged look much more pronounced against the smoother skin, and there seem to be fewer of them. Nothing dramatic, but hey...just used it 4 times and there is something happening. Also have noticed around my hairline on the forehead that some of the sun damaged areas that are dark....they look a bit darker. Hmmm, I am going to watch this area very carefully.
There are low, medium and high settings for both the lights and the microcurrent and I am using the high for the lights (go big or go home as we say in Texas) and at the medium setting for the m/c as the high setting on that is like sticking your face in a electrical socket. This machine seems very well made and looking forward to the next several months of use and improvement. (Fingers crossed!!)
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like a great machine; when I use light treatment, I noticed areas where I have a dark mark would get darker and then peel off. This happen at least twice so far. I don't have this machine, but another one with 4 colored lights; it's bulky so I don't use it that much.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
So far I really like mine. (I just wish more detailed directions came with it.) I use mine twice a week, on the high cycle , cycling through all of the colours. I use it about 15 to 20 minutes. I am pleased, esp. for the price I purchased it for on ebay. Very Happy
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I got my machine right before New Year, but did not have a chance to try it.

Today I opened it up and ...
I really liked the LEDs (used Kassy's pretreatment serum) - nice big heads, no heat, all colors - does seem to work well.

Microcurrent- does not seem to function at all. Even on the top setting - no feeling whatsoever.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried to wet the face - nothing; used ultrasound gel - nothing. Is it an issue of the gel or did I get a lemon?

What electrolyte or other gels/serums are you guys using with this machine?

Sorry for being daft (I do feel like a total idiot).

TIA

5% products discount

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Well I bit the bullet and purchased one today from ebay for Au$213. At this point in time I am willing to try anything to improve my skin.
Creamcheese 123
5% products discount

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi, SandyT, could you please tell me how big is big in inches? I have a Lightsworks by Sota which includes Nogier frequencies. The head is 2 1/2 inches. I am thinking about buying a second unit because It takes to long for my very short day to squeeze in my LEDS. I figured two heads would make me ease up on the guilt of time away from family.

With three heads I could literally whiz thru it. The paddle on the Lightworks is flat so I 've devised a ski head band to hold it like a sling on my chin and forehead area. ( a regular hair head band is not tight enough) This frees up my hands. I can't walk around but I can go online and type. But I still need another unit.Because of time constraints.

I'm tempted by this one. Does anyone know the specs? As Bethany has taught us ,this is important.

Also, Sigma. I have a Nuface and another handheld micro current unit which has 2 probes.(bought on ebay form China) And I get no sensation from either. The only way I know they are on (besides the little light) is I put them near my eyebrow and close my eyes and I can see a light blinking in my minds eye. When it blinks slowly and with no vigor I know its time to change the battery. That's how accurate it is. I might be speculating that other microcurrent units do this. You might try it.

Does anyone have any updates so I can make a wise purchasing decision? Other wise I guess I'll stick with the Lightworks. Which I do like and especially the added bonus of the frequencies, which add to the benefits of the system.But like all the other fountain- of- youth- seeking women on EDs , I am "lemming" after this. Heck I'll settle for a cup of youth!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have a little cheapie microcurrent device that I bought on Ebay. If I turn it up to the maximum setting, I can feel I slight prickly sensation and a light twitching on the forehead area. The sensation is greater with a conductive gel. Microcurrent can also leave a slight metallic taste in the mouth. I just Googled this and found:

Quote:
My body has acclimated to the prickle of the current -- which creates a metallic taste in the mouth when it’s near the teeth, and more saliva, but now I feel my skin jump a little and see lightning flashes under my closed eyes.
http://www.thirdage.com/skin-hair-nails/microcurrent-ultrasonic-microdermabrasion

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Lipglossdoll, Toby, Sandy, Angelfire
and all the ladies who use the machine - what conductive gel do you use with this machine? Do you feel anything with micro-current?

On Knutek site in the manual for this machine it says to use it at half strength, since on full it would be too unpleasant. I have not felt a thing though, and am concerned that machine is not fully operational.

TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sigma - if you put it in the highest position you should feel the microcurrent without any gel really strong and not so pleasant..I feel it very strong on forehead , near my eyes or near my mouth. I use matrixyl serum before the treatment and some green tea to keep my face wet during the treatment and I usually use the half strength for the microcurrent .However I am not sure if I use the right gel or even if wetting the face is ok ..
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:22 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
However I am not sure if I use the right gel or even if wetting the face is ok ..

Water can help to conduct the current, however, it's best to use an appropriate conductive gel. I know that Toby is using the Rankines Gels because she kindly got some for me too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I use the Rankine gels for my galvanic device.
The Dermacycling (Best Value) 7 colored LED's plus Microcurrent)is something I ordered for my mom and she doesn't use any gels with it and the current is very strong....nothing like the nuface. The Dermacycling device is nice that it has many features.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I use the Rankine gels for my galvanic device.
The Dermacycling (Best Value) 7 colored LED's plus Microcurrent)is something I ordered for my mom and she doesn't use any gels with it and the current is very strong....nothing like the nuface. The Dermacycling device is nice that it has many features.

I am sure you must use a gel with microcurrent to ensure the current penetrates the surface of the skin. The website says:

Quote:
•Microcurrent/LED – Apply “Oxygen Machine Nano Gel” on the entire face, throat and decolette’. Then use the machine for a total of 15 minutes for weekly facials (20 minutes for monthly).

http://knutekpro.com/Facial_Protocols.html

Toby - have you tried the machine? How does it compare to the Lightstim?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I actually ordered this for a friend and she that didn't have any devices. She wanted a microcurrent machine, Led lights for pimples, skin pigmentation ect. Unfortunately she also has psoriasis and the microcurrent bothered it. She sold it to my mother. I did try it out for several sessions and liked all the features....it is an amazing device all in one. But and this is a BIG BUT.....I do not have any idea about the light frequencies and WOULD NOT use it instead of the Lightstim for anti aging. My mother needs something for pigmentation issues and wanted the mircrocurrent. She is 80 and has no sag Shock She has nice little fat cheeks and well fat padded face and body! Laughing

5% products discount

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for not checking in the past few days. Having the after holidays crazies around here the past week.

Sigma...oh dear, I definitally get a "jolt" from the microcurrent. I have had many currents/laser procedures and can tell when it is working. (or not working) Are you sure you are turning on the button on the top middle part of the machine? It will not come on just using the lower buttons. Just had to ask...the instructions a very vague.

Creamcheese123...The heads are 2 3/4 inches in diameter.

I think the stats for the currents and lights are on the first posting and also on some of the sale websites.

I am still using the pure hyaluronic acid and electolyte serum mixed together and it seems to be doing ok for now. May try to switch up later, but am trying to stay consistant for the first month or so. I suppose a good pure aloe vera gel would work just as well and cost alot less. My brown spots (sun spots) are still getting darker and not going away. This seems to be most apparent after using the red light. Not sure if anyone else is seeing this or not. I may back off of the red for a week and use another color on the "every other day" routine I am doing with the blue light.

May the light force be with us!! Laughing
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - allow me to weigh in. Brown spots definitely will get darker with red light. I'm told they do get better so don't stop. I too use a red light and the spots are darker -now I notice spots I didn't know I had - but the light is doing its job if they are darker.

Prior to using the red light, I spot treated with copper peptides - just the tip of a Q-tip touched on the spots at night after all other creams, serums, etc.. I use the strongest there is. I used it on some that are GONE - zero, nada.

Anyone else have theirs turn darker and then finally fade from the use of a red light?

Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |