Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Dermacycling (Best Value) 7 colored LED's plus Microcurrent
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I got my machine right before New Year, but did not have a chance to try it.

Today I opened it up and ...
I really liked the LEDs (used Kassy's pretreatment serum) - nice big heads, no heat, all colors - does seem to work well.

Microcurrent- does not seem to function at all. Even on the top setting - no feeling whatsoever.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried to wet the face - nothing; used ultrasound gel - nothing. Is it an issue of the gel or did I get a lemon?

What electrolyte or other gels/serums are you guys using with this machine?

Sorry for being daft (I do feel like a total idiot).

TIA

Sigma,
Send a pm to Lipglossdoll because she had the same experience with the microcurrent machine not working.It seems something had come lose in shipping and she was instructed by the ebay seller to tighten something up on the back of the machine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies - thank you all so much for your replies and advice.

I tried it with Matrixyl gel (from NCN); with the knob turned to the max I feel it but so very slightly.

I PMd Lipglossdoll and also emailed the ebay seller. His reply was to try to wet the face and that it should help. I am going to try it tonight and if not will follow up further.

I also ordered the gels that Toby recommended, but it would be weeks before they arrive from Canada.

I had NUface (did zero for me), and also had micro-current treatments by a beautician, usually I feel when something is happening, so I am rather disappointed that it does not seem to work for me so far.

Thanks again to everyone!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
This forum has too many enablers....I just ordered one for $188. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Ladies - thank you all so much for your replies and advice.

I tried it with Matrixyl gel (from NCN); with the knob turned to the max I feel it but so very slightly.

I PMd Lipglossdoll and also emailed the ebay seller. His reply was to try to wet the face and that it should help. I am going to try it tonight and if not will follow up further.

I had NUface (did zero for me), and also had micro-current treatments by a beautician, usually I feel when something is happening, so I am rather disappointed that it does not seem to work for me so far.

Thanks again to everyone!

I had a Nuface and it DOES NOTHING!!! The Dermacycling device turned up on high should knock your socks off!!!! Shock If it doesn't something is wrong with the device.You don't have to use any water or gel to get it to work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
You don't have to use any water or gel to get it to work.

I'm not understanding this - what do the instructions say that come with the machine? The website says to use a gel. I've owned three different microcurrent devices from a professional salon one down to a hand held unit - and all of them have said to use a conductive gel. I even have an educational DVD on how to do microcurrent treatments and it also says to use a gel. As I said before, without some form of conductive medium, the current will not pass through the skin and you will be wasting your time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I own a bunch of microcurrent devices too Keliu and I agree with you they all use either water or gel but this one doesn't have to have it to feel the current...it does it without anything. The point I was trying to make to Sigma is that something isn't operating correctly with her machine because she wouldn't have to add gel or water to feel the tingling of the mircrocurrent. How it works without a gel or water is beyond me but when when I used mother's it did. The direction with the unit didn't mention a gel....and the directions are lacking Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some basic instructions for performing a microcurrent face treatment:

http://www.youthful-you-wisdom.com/microcurrent-face-lift.html

Quote:
How to do facial microcurrent at home:
First, you need to clean and exfoliate your face. The most effective way is to clean face with an ultrasonic device, which removes dead skin, dirt and fat from pore with ultra sound.

Then, apply a concentrate, a serum or anti-wrinkle product you use on the clean skin surface.

After that, apply a conductive gel and start working with microcurrent following massage lines for about 20 – 30 minutes for the face, and not more than 10 minutes around the eyes area: 5 minutes under the each eye. Be especially careful with around the eye areas; never touch the skin beyond the bone border, as it’s shown on the right pictures, to avoid puffiness or irritation.

Finally, Remove the rest of conductive gel with a tissue and apply a mask. Rinse your face with warm water.

After six sessions you will see the difference on your skin: mimic wrinkles will disappear, skin and the face contour will be toned, skin will look more radiant.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I own a bunch of microcurrent devices too Keliu and I agree with you they all use either water or gel but this one doesn't have to have it to feel the current...it does it without anything. The point I was trying to make to Sigma is that something isn't operating correctly with her machine because she wouldn't have to add gel or water to feel the tingling of the mircrocurrent. How it works without a gel or water is beyond me but when when I used mother's it did. The direction with the unit didn't mention a gel....and the directions are lacking Rolling Eyes

I agree that you don't need the gel or water to feel the current - actually, it's usual to feel the sensation more without the conductive media. But what I'm saying is that without a conductive gel the current doesn't penetrate the surface skin barrier. The aim of the treatment is to get the current to penetrate down into the dermis and for this you need a gel.

ETA: The reason the Rankines Gel instructions say to apply the gel to one side of the face, do the treatment and then do the other side of the face is so that the gel doesn't have a chance to dry out. If the gel drys out, the sensation of the current can be quite unpleasant. Of course, this doesn't apply to using the Dermacycling machine because you are treating both sides of the face at the same time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I know I'm harping on, but ......... This is from the Palacia web site:

Quote:
2.When use with Ultrasound or other beauty devices -Ultrasound waves do not conduct well through air. They need a medium (such as liquid/gel) to produce an effect. For product penetration, if the active ingredients you are using dries quickly or produces friction between the blade and skin, you might not get the all the benefits of the above effects due to a shortened treatment time. The best thing to do is after applying the active ingredients to the skin, add a bit of conductive gel to the skin surface and proceed with the treatment. But if the product you are using already comes in a gel-form, you do not need to use a conductive gel. The most important thing to remember is that ultrasound waves needs a conductive medium through which to travel through.

http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=E%2DG%2DF%2DGEL

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Is this the gel and the site where you purchased it?

http://www.rankines.ca/USA/Galvanic_Gels_USA/galvanicgelsUSA.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Frodo - yes, that is the one I found based on Toby and Keliu mentioning it here. May be Toby knows of a better place to order (it takes 2-3 weeks to get it once ordered).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I live in USA North Carolina and the gel I ordered for the Galvanic came within a week even though they say it will take longer. This is the second time I have ordered and both times it came within a week.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I havent received my machine yet asking for refund.

Unbelievable, the woman Jen is basically a lair. She has lied to me so many times about when it's going to come and about calling me if it isn't going to arrive. I have lost faith in this company. I am really disappointed.

Has anyone else ordered from the dermacycle people? If so have you received your machine?

I know most of you have ordered off of ebay and for half the price of what I paid.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:

Unbelievable, the woman Jen is basically a lair. She has lied to me so many times about when it's going to come and about calling me if it isn't going to arrive. I have lost faith in this company. I am really disappointed.

Has anyone else ordered from the dermacycle people? If so have you received your machine?

I know most of you have ordered off of ebay and for half the price of what I paid.

This is a disgraceful situation - I would be demanding my money back. It's a shame because you are the person who let everyone else know about this device but you have been ripped off. Did you order from the Knutepro website?

I would tell them that you belong to this Forum and that you are letting other people know how disappointed you are with their business ethics.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
With regard to conductive gels - Toby kindly sent me the Rankines ones because the company postage to Oz was ridiculously expensive. The reason I wanted to try the Rankines product was because I was attempting to duplicate the Nuface protocol of using a pre-treatment gel.

However, for general microcurrent treatments, any conductive gel will do - and you can purchase them very cheaply from Ebay. The ones fromwww.palaciabeautydevice.com also look good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:

Looks to me like this company didn't have it in stock but took your money anyway. I cannot believe they have not given you a refund. You ordered this in November for cryin' out loud.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't asked for a refund yet but I am going to on Monday.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:
I haven't asked for a refund yet but I am going to on Monday.

I would do so in a very forceful manner. The price that you have paid is unacceptable considering what they are selling for on Ebay. Sock it to them and get your money back!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
sigma, I feel the current without any conductive gels, ect. I use it after my skin serums. I PM'd you with more info. Very Happy
stax

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Hello guys,
With all the talk of gels etc i'm a bit confused. Can I use the LED part of the machine without the microcurrent? I basically just bought the product to use the yellow LED to combat my rosacea on advice from my doctor, and this forum has sold me on this machine due to the price, the extras and the variety of colours, but i am now hesitant to use it without gel. If anyone can shine any light on the subject I would be appreciative, pun intended Very Happy

Stax.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:53 am      Reply with quote
stax wrote:
Hello guys,
With all the talk of gels etc i'm a bit confused. Can I use the LED part of the machine without the microcurrent? I basically just bought the product to use the yellow LED to combat my rosacea on advice from my doctor, and this forum has sold me on this machine due to the price, the extras and the variety of colours, but i am now hesitant to use it without gel. If anyone can shine any light on the subject I would be appreciative, pun intended Very Happy

Stax.

I do not own this machine. However, if you can operate the LED on its own, without the microcurrent, you certainly will not need to use a gel.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you can use the lights without gel. There are 2 seperate setting option knobs....One for the lights and another one for the micro-current.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I also concur that you can easily use the lights without micro-current.

Nothing was loose in my machine, but some electrical piece that regulated the strength of the micro-current needed adjustment (my husband fixed it) and now I do feel current even without a gel.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
sigma, I am glad your machine is working!! I really like it, also just started the slendertone face a few weeks ago as well. Very Happy
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Lipglossdoll,

So far I love my Slendertone - hate the electrodes, but love the lift it gives to the face.

What and how do you use this machine - what do you apply before or in a process?

Thanks again!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |