Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

coffeeberry-worth the hype?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Is coffeeberry really a better antioxidant than all the others? Anyone DIY'd with it? I only saw a powder form on GOW for pretty reasonable and soluble in a water based cream. Is it available anywhere else?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I made a DIY with it and it was just ok. I had better results with fresh brewed green tea used as a toner Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hey...does fresh brewed green tea work just as well as some of green tea serums for use with led?
I bought some..but wondered if I could just make my own and save the $$$
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I believe so. I used powdered green tea to use in DIY and it was so-so. Freshly brewed green tea is great - but you have to use it within hours or you will loose quite a bit of the antioxidant power. You also have to brew it in hot - not boiling water.

What I do is brew in advance... a very strong concentration... and freeze in small ice cube trays. In the morning, I take one out of the freezer and by the time I get out of the shower it is melted. I just apply with a cotton ball and my skin just glows.

I am thinking about added other actives...but have not decided yet which ones.

hope that helps! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Green Tea as well as Vitamin C however checking out Coffeberry it's pretty impressive!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/forum/thread/58346/revolutionary-new-antioxidant-coffeeberry-extract

http://thedermblog.com/2008/04/03/5-reasons-why-you-should-look-for-coffeeberry/

Just a bit

CoffeeBerry® extract is a new, powerful antioxidant that uses the whole fruit of the coffee plant. It may turn out to be the most potent of natural antioxidants, better than white tea, blueberries, and pomegranates. It is currently available in a limited number of skin care products, but look for many more in the future.

Still using pomegranates or blueberries for your topical antioxidants? Sorry, but you are sooo 2007.

What’s the newest (and, of course, reportedly best) antioxidant? Coffee berry extract (available under the proprietary name CoffeeBerry®).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had gotten those results. I tried it for 6 months. Sad. Maybe it is the synergistic combination of ingredients with the coffee berry that makes the difference. Question My DIY attempt was quite simple.

It did smell good though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure if it is "all that" or just a craze at the moment as the magazines are writing about it (specifically the new Allure magazine). It has been around for 4-5 years now and I don't hear many raves about it!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am not sure if it is "all that" or just a craze at the moment as the magazines are writing about it (specifically the new Allure magazine). It has been around for 4-5 years now and I don't hear many raves about it!

I do know what you are saying Riley, but we can also look at Vitamin C and how hyped that was and everyone (well almost) uses it! Studies do show that it's only effective for 60% of people?They don't know why but that's what the studies show? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, I am starting to think I am one of those that Vitamin C does not work. LAA serums just make my skin red and dry.. I do better without it now. I do like Tetra-C though...

Who knows! All we can do is try and hope something works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
yeah, I am starting to think I am one of those that Vitamin C does not work. LAA serums just make my skin red and dry.. I do better without it now. I do like Tetra-C though...

Who knows! All we can do is try and hope something works.

LOL That's so true erg, it all boils down to what actually works for each individual and it's a bit of trial and error! We buy, we try and either pitch it give it away or stick with it! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I do know what you are saying Riley, but we can also look at Vitamin C and how hyped that was and everyone (well almost) uses it! Studies do show that it's only effective for 60% of people?They don't know why but that's what the studies show? Smile

I honestly don't think there is much visible improvement with C in most people. It is mostly used for the antioxidant protection, which doesn't necessarily translate into visible results. I think this is true for almost all the antioxidants.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I mostly agree Riley I will say I noticed a bit of brightening initially when I first started using Vitamin C but nothing I would call earth shattering! Yet I just keep using my C serums! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I have a full size of the Priori Coffeberry Serum I have been using for about 4 months:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/priori-coffeeberry-bright-p_9177.htm
I do like the texture and smell, but I can't say it has done anything significant. Although it does brighten up the skin somewhat, so does my Proheal Serum. I like to rotate them, and it is very non-irritating.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:02 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have a full size of the Priori Coffeberry Serum I have been using for about 4 months:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/priori-coffeeberry-bright-p_9177.htm
I do like the texture and smell, but I can't say it has done anything significant. Although it does brighten up the skin somewhat, so does my Proheal Serum. I like to rotate them, and it is very non-irritating.

Isn't it just the way with most topicals? I think we can only expect so much, not giving up on my goodies but I think most are helpful to an extent then it's just maintenance! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think I'd rely on just 1 antioxidant. I dont think 1 can really do it all. I alternate between a few and the GoW coffee berry serum is one that I use.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I dont think I'd rely on just 1 antioxidant. I dont think 1 can really do it all. I alternate between a few and the GoW coffee berry serum is one that I use.

Totally agree GirlieGirl, but we pretty well know there is just so much any OTC cream or serum can accomplish. Even those with multiple antioxidants or actives?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

I definitely agree. I think the more antioxidants the better for skin health/protection.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I should say as far as reversing any skin issues, but very good as preventitive products! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
One of my resources for skin-care advice I like and respect a lot. She likes coffee-berry a bunch:

http://www.futurederm.com/2010/07/12/what-are-the-best-antioxidant-skin-care-treatments/
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I should say as far as reversing any skin issues, but very good as preventitive products! Very Happy

ITA agree with this. I think of all my antioxidant serums are preventative products.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. I use antioxidants for prevention... so then how do we really know if they are working. I gave DIY LAA serum about a year and coffee berry serum about 6 months. My skin seems to have aged dramatically in just 1 year. So, how do you know what is most effective... knowing that everyone's skin reacts differently.

I decided to stop using LAA and my skin is feeling better (less redness, dryness). I stopped coffee berry and did my skin is neither better or worse.

So, how do we know? I am not sure if there is an answer - just venting. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
My skin seems to have aged dramatically in just 1 year.

So, how do we know? I am not sure if there is an answer - just venting. Sad

I would say if your skin has aged dramatically in 1 year that something isn't working. Unfortunately, that something could be any number of products that you may be using, stress in your life, hormonal issues, etc. Since I have been on this forum, I cannot say I have really improved anything (other than hyperpigmentation), but when I look at pictures my still still looks the same as when I started here.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've not done DIY with coffeeberry, but I have used two different purchased coffeeberry creams: Revaleskin and the Skinactives one.

The Revaleskin smells incredible (if you like the smell of coffee, of course). It is a nice smooth cream and comes in an airless pump container.

The Skinactives coffeeberry cream has less of a coffee scent. It is a lighter moisturizer, not as much oil in it - it's great for those summer days when you want a little something lighter on your skin. And it has many other actives already mixed in. Quite a bit cheaper than the Revaleskin.

I'd consider re-purchasing either of them, but I think the Skinactives cream is a better deal.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I honestly don't think there is much visible improvement with C in most people. It is mostly used for the antioxidant protection, which doesn't necessarily translate into visible results. I think this is true for almost all the antioxidants.

I noticed a big difference in my skin when I started using Vitamin C, especially Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. I had brown spots and the Viamin C really helped those start to disappear. It's the first product I used to specifically help with my brown spots and it really made a difference. If I ever go for a couple of weeks without using the C E Ferulic I notice a difference in my skin. I do use it for protection and prevention too but I notice a difference when I don't use it. Other antioxidants I suspect don't make a difference and are good just for prevention but I think LAA makes a difference in the skin. I just bought the Revaleskin coffeeberry serum with my forum voucher and I don't expect to see a difference in my skin I'm just getting it for times I want to take a break from Retin A at night to get some antioxidant benefits.
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am      Reply with quote
How to DIY?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |