Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RevaleSkin Intense Recovery Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am starting my 3rd week using RevaleSkin Intense Recovery Serum. I chose the product because of the promise Coffee Berry extract was showing to reduce facial redness.

I am definitely seeing an improvement; my face is nowhere near as red as it used to be. Even at hormone heavy times of the month when I would get frequent flushing throughout the day - I am seeing improvement. I'll still feel the heat I get from the hormones, but nowhere near the degree of redness.

The serum has a nice sweet scent to it; I suspect it is the Coffee Berry becuase Priori Coffee Berry Night Cream had a similar fragrance. It fades quickly. The serum soaks in really well and is working well with my Karin Herzog products. I am using the serum twice a day. I use it approximately 5-10 mins after DMAE and before my KH oxygen creams (either Camomile in the AM or VAK in the PM).

It isn't cheap, but one pump of the product easily covers my cheeks and forehead.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
This is timely. I just bought this with my forum voucher to use when I take a break from Retin A. I've decided to take a break from Retin A for a week while I'm traveling over the holidays and I'm going to use this instead. I've also decided to take one night a week off from using Retin A so I'm going to use this instead. I don't expect to see major changes in my skin (it looks pretty good now-I keep getting compliments) I'm just using it to vary the types of antioxidants I use. I keep reading that coffeeberry is the best antioxidant out there so I've decided to add it to my skin care "diet."
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme, thanks for starting this thread! I've be eyeing this product for a while, and I am very interested in your review.

Do you know if this serum helps with flushing?

jom, are you taking a break from Retin A because it is too irritating?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I think what's difficult is with rosacea is each person has different triggers, so hard as it can be try and identify what yours are and check out ingredients with yours in mind.

Here are the full ingredients for the serum.

FULL INGREDIENTS
Purified Water, Glycerin, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cyclopentasiloxane, Pentylene Glycol, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Coffea Arabica, Fruit Extract, C 18-21 Alkane, Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sericin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Ethythexylglycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Oxido Reductases, Phospholipids, Glycosphingolipids, Cholesterol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
@ Russian Sunshine:
I do find it is helping with the flushing. I should have been more specific when I referred to redness. The majority of my 'redness' is actually flushing. I have very fair skin and have always gotten red easily. The most significant thing I've noticed since using the RevaleSkin Intense Serum is that when I feel hot, and would normally be beat red, I'm not. It isn't that I don't get any flushing, but it is dramatically reduced.

Priori CoffeeBerry is a 95% natural product. I tried the Priori night cream first, because I wasn't as keen on the RevaleSkin ingredients. The Priori didn't do anything for my skin. The RevaleSkin Intense has more cofeeberry ... that may be it, or it may be the combination of the ingredients in RevaleSkin. I really like the KH moisturizers, so I like the idea of being able to incorporate s serum with my KH routine. The RevaleSkin plays well with KH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I have got the Priori and am not that impressed with it either. I think I will give this a try. My problem is flushing as well. My derm has been pushing this on me and since he sells it,I was a little more leary!
Now that I hear a good solid review, I may have to give it a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Time2Bme, thanks for starting this thread! I've be eyeing this product for a while, and I am very interested in your review.

Do you know if this serum helps with flushing?

jom, are you taking a break from Retin A because it is too irritating?

The reason I'm taking a break from Retin A over the holidays is that I'm flying cross country and I'm going to a colder climate. Last year I found that my skin got much dryer while using the Retin A from those two things. So I've decided not to use it this year. I've also decided to take a night off from Retin A each week just to vary up the types of ingredients I'm putting on my skin. I actually don't get much irritation from the Retin A, just a little dryness around my mouth every once in a while.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have got the Priori and am not that impressed with it either. I think I will give this a try. My problem is flushing as well. My derm has been pushing this on me and since he sells it,I was a little more leary!

I hope you like it Annie. It is so pricey that I'd hate to have you waste your money. I FINALLY received my Topix Replenix Power of 3. It was the other product that was recommended for flushing/redness. I'm going to try and use it for the mornings and the RevaleSkin at night. The Power of Three seems to be much lighter than the RevaleSkin. It has caffeine and green tea. I'll post a review on it as well once I've tried it for awhile. Here is the link to it:
http://www.eskincarestore.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2433&idproduct=18105#details'
It is on sale at eskincare.com for $46.80. I will caution on ordering from them though ... I wouldn't order from them if EDS carried the product. I only ordered from them because EDS didn't carry it and there was a sale; it took me ONE MONTH to get the item. Ridiculous. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

I hope you like it Annie. It is so pricey that I'd hate to have you waste your money. I FINALLY received my Topix Replenix Power of 3. It was the other product that was recommended for flushing/redness. I'm going to try and use it for the mornings and the RevaleSkin at night. The Power of Three seems to be much lighter than the RevaleSkin. It has caffeine and green tea. I'll post a review on it as well once I've tried it for awhile. Here is the link to it:
http://www.eskincarestore.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2433&idproduct=18105#details'
It is on sale at eskincare.com for $46.80. I will caution on ordering from them though ... I wouldn't order from them if EDS carried the product. I only ordered from them because EDS didn't carry it and there was a sale; it took me ONE MONTH to get the item. Ridiculous. Rolling Eyes

Wow! You are fighting redness on both fronts Wink The Power of Three is a lot cheaper! Hopefully, it will work for you. Keep us updated.
JonnyNJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Coffeeberry is a trademarked band name for VDF FutureCeuticals patent pending coffee fruit products. The patents are for VDF FC's whole fruit powder preparation process and the extraction process for the concentrate. The coffee fruit itself can not be trademarked or patented.
KonaRed is another brand name.

So, I did a search for the three words: coffee, fruit, extract. One could add powder or skin care to the search. I found that skinactives sells the extract and it is not expensive. 1 gram from skinactives is $4.50 and you can make your own cream/serum. They also sell 1 oz of coffee fruit cream for $28.

I would imagine that a thorough search would yield more than a few companies that sell a coffee fruit powder,extract, or skin care products made from it. At first glance it looks like there are probably skincare products made in Hawaii with coffee fruit extract.

Of course, different extraction methods may or may not yield different resulting chemical compounds depending upon the processes but I would try to find an alternative to the coffeeberry trademark as an active ingredient if cost is an issue. There is generally at least an 8x markup commercially for these types of preparations so one can obviously prepare their own for much less.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to post here, because it was continuing the discussion, but maybe we should start a new thread ... ??

I have been looking into other coffee berry products and found one at Garden of Wisdom (called Summer Serum) that actually has 5% coffee berry; Revaleskin Intense has 1.5%. Garden of Wisdom is MUCH cheaper - under $20 for a 1oz bottle. Here is the link to the product as well as a couple of reviews on another blog I found.

Summer Serum
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/7012656/7848959.htm

Reviews:
http://naturalbeautylady.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/super-strength-coffeeberry-skine-care-garden-of-wisdom-summer-serum/

http://naturalbeautylady.wordpress.com/2009/07/23/review-garden-of-wisdom-summer-serum-with-coffeeberry/

GOW also has a Cloud Berry Anti-oxidant gel in the serum section of GOW site.
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/7012656/7046237.htm
The same blogger reviewed this product as well; she didn't like it as much as the Summer Serum
http://naturalbeautylady.wordpress.com/2009/08/24/review-garden-of-wisdom-cloudberry-antioxidant-serum/

One of the things that I thought was interesting about the Summer Serum is that it may be better for those of you who have oilier skin or are more prone to breakouts. It was made as a summer product and the reviews say that it dries clean and not greasy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I did start a new thread ... thought it would be great to canvas the success others have had with the antioxidant products for redness. Here is the link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6398177#6398177

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for Reviews I have used the REVALESKIN CoffeeBerry Facial Cleanser But I don't like this cleaner.My skin is oil after use it
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
've decided to take a break from Retin A for a week while I'm traveling over the holidays and I'm going to use this instead.

How did this work for you, Jom?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:
've decided to take a break from Retin A for a week while I'm traveling over the holidays and I'm going to use this instead.

How did this work for you, Jom?

Hi rileygirl! This worked out well for me. I used it for a full week over the holidays and I use it on nights when I take a break from Retin-A. I didn't expect to see any changes to my skin, I just wanted to give my skin some variety in the antioxidants I use. It has a strong coffee smell but it is not bad. It leaves my skin well hydrated and looking healthy. I like it.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Wow that is a crazy expensive product... is it really worth it?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Jom. I have the regular Revaleskin night time product. It is nice, but no miracle for me regarding redness, unfortunately!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Wow that is a crazy expensive product... is it really worth it?

I won one of the forum vouchers so I used it to buy the serum. I probably won't repurchase it. If you're looking for a good, less expensive antioxidant you might want to look at PSF's Berry Beneficial. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-berry-beneficial-anti-p_6536.htm

It has green tea and a good dose of Spin Trap which is supposed to be an excellent antioxidant. I have used this and it is a nice serum, not at all sticky and is hydrating. You might not notice any changes to your skin, like you would with a Vitamin C serum, but it's great to know that you're skin is getting those great antioxidants to help with free radical damage. It's nice to use under your sunscreen in the morning.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I loved the Revaleskin Intense Serum in the winter; it felt great on my skin. It did seem to help with redness initially, but long term - not so sure.

I am switching up my skincare again. I had been using KH and am having problems with my skin. It has looked dull looking, so I've had to exfoliate more often, which isn't great for my sensitive, rosacea-prone cheeks. This may be the reason that i'm not seeing the results I had been seeing initially.

As time passed, I don't think there is a significant difference between the Replenix Power of Three and the RevaleSkin Intense Serum as far as results go. The Power of Three is less than half the price.

I wish EDS sold the Replenix products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone still using Revale products?

I've just bought the intensive serum. I've tried Prevage and Topix Green Tea serum, ad this was the last 'super serum' that I had yet to try (CEF is a mainstay).

Quote from Futurederm:

The Revaléskin Day Cream takes no chances, containing a full 1 % coffee berry extract as a potent antioxidant to improve fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation and overall appearance. The cream also contains a fairly high concentration of soy, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties... As additional antioxidants to protect agains future UV damage, vitamin E as tocopheryl acetate and grapefruit seed extract are also included...Revaléskin with coffee berry is one of the greatest antioxidant anti-aging treatments out there".

http://futurederm.wordpress.com/2008/01/25/product-review-revale-skin/
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |